Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 07-23-10, 04:29 PM   #1366
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Real cool work Zee! And if Lc approves then everyboy approves!

Hi Lc it´s been a long time since we chatted and traded jokes about your dear pink crutches.The new Tiger has a long protruding port hole like the H version but importantly it´s got an antenna an if I remember well Lc it was one of your wishes.

BTW I assume the Panther is not crewable merely AI manned?

Best regards

Frinik
Hi frinik and thanks,
The Panther Ausf D2 will only be AI however, the Panther Ausf A and Ausf G
will be playable. Although all will be released as AI first. I have yet to model
the new interiors - they will take more time. The new Tiger E1 will be AI and
because of the old copula at least until I can model the new Tiger interior that will work with the first generation copula.
But, I have to tell you the new Panther Ausf D is going to be my absolute
best work to date. You'll see what I am talking about very soon. The major
concern about the Panther has been resolved completely, therefore my effort has been all out so-to-speak.

Cheers

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 04:39 PM   #1367
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
Outstanding Zee, as already said by Frinic if Lc likes it we all like it (keep the 'pink' camo toned down though!!).

Oooooh even the little rear hatch thingy opens too, we can shoot our Lugers out at the Russian infantry now (if we had them)
Like the low sitting position of the Tiger Commander too with hatch open noticed it ages ago but forgot to mention. Did you mod this Zee as I don't remember it in the stock game?

You are making me check the price of Radeon 5870 GPUs weekly now. Still pricy as yet. - You are a bad man (but in a good way!!)

Looking forward as ever Over and Out - Morty
Hey Morty!
The rear hatch is for loading! and the low commander position was implemented in Kursk mission 2.
But I have to tell you I have some regrets with my ATI 4770 card. I was
so used to using nHancer for my game video settings, with the ability to
save individual profiles that were very good. I miss my nHancer to much
to go Ati again.

Just a thought Morty,

Cheers

ZW

PS: The new Commander's low position is a result of those Red Army Anti-Tank Rifles I going to add some day!
Old 07-23-10, 11:15 PM   #1368
Priscalan
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hello Zee

The work you do is fantastic ... I can not keep pace. You work too fast (for me) ... my delay is huge. I think I can never help. I must have specialized ... I'm not running behind you. So far I try to understand (my mind is too slow) and I dispersed.
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 11:48 PM   #1369
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscalan View Post
Hello Zee

The work you do is fantastic ... I can not keep pace. You work too fast (for me) ... my delay is huge. I think I can never help. I must have specialized ... I'm not running behind you. So far I try to understand (my mind is too slow) and I dispersed.
Hi Priscalan,
Thank you for the compliments.

If you realize that this type of work must be built on a strong desire.
My moto is and has been very basic "I will do all I can". The vision has been
set and all that is required is only limited by your willingness to work and
learn. The process is really quite basic as well - do what you can and when
your understanding and/or skill is at a stand still that is when you study
in a very methodical step by step approach until you can move forward.
The key is - never give up, you know you can do this stuff.

Vorwärts Kamerad!

ZW
Old 07-24-10, 01:16 AM   #1370
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Hello Mr. Frinic

[QUOTE=frinik;1451390]Real cool work Zee! And if Lc approves then everyboy approves!

Hi Lc it´s been a long time since we chatted and traded jokes about your dear pink crutches.The new Tiger has a long protruding port hole like the H version but importantly it´s got an antenna an if I remember well Lc it was one of your wishes.

Hi again,

as you know, life is going up and down, dont want to talk about that but now its more down for me than up.

(And as we had more than 35 celsius degrees the last weeks, you should here the cooler of my AGP card. I dont want that it gets an HEATSHOCK. So, i am very cautios not to kill it.)

BUT seeing ZWs great work, i will see more and more of the horizon.

I do not use and i dont want the crutches back. Its better to "move" around without any help (crutches, and the crutches are NOT pink
they are PURPLE like the PURPLE HEART).

(Anyway i am watching the pacific from HBO. Absolutley fantastic.)

YES THE ANTENNA. Without the antenna i probably would not crawl into any german tank
. It gives me a kind of feeling to have an Überpanzer..

I think there must no be approval only from my side to say that the new tanks are really bombastic. I cant wait for the Panthers too, you know they are one of my favorite tanks (pink Panther, i know).

I really liked it to had a conversation with you again,

Cheers my "old" friend

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 07-24-10 at 01:41 AM.
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 01:19 AM   #1371
LcSummers
XO

Default Vigyázz

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1451625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post

Yes elvtárs I can never forget the Magyar contribution in the war against
the evils of the Godless Reds.

Hűséges végéig

ZW

ZW, thanks for that

Àrpád fejedelem would be proud.

LC
Old 07-24-10, 01:31 AM   #1372
LcSummers
XO

Default What have you done ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Your welcome LC

And yes they have suspension too

you can see the suspension work

And yes Wittmann would approve of the new Tiger too. Here he is with
39 kill rings in 1331. New paint jobs are coming and there will be
a wide range potential along with the unit and division markings as well

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

ZW,

thats not fair! I am liking my lipps, i cant get my eyes off that tank. So many nice little details (these are very important, as little things make the whole work great), new tracks, very nice cooler grills, hatches are opening, rough steel (probably from shells, Splitter), kill marks etc.

And as you wrote, with dirt and later camouflaging the tanks. WOW

MAKE IT SO!!!! NICE NICE REALLY NICE

LC

BTW: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ME!! WHAT KIND OF PROMOTION IS THAT? 中国水兵

MR: FRINIC WOULD YOU BE SO KIND TO EXPLAIN
Old 07-24-10, 01:40 AM   #1373
LcSummers
XO

Default Mort the luger

[QUOTE=morttheslayer;1451725]Outstanding Zee, as already said by Frinic if Lc likes it we all like it (keep the 'pink' camo toned down though!!).

My old friend, you will be given command on a pink Tiger with green camouflage patterns. And we think about if you will get any ANTENNAS

Oooooh even the little rear hatch thingy opens too, we can shoot our Lugers out at the Russian infantry now (if we had them)

The rear hatch is not for loading ammo, esp. for you it is for hunting animals and even for fishining. I am sorry i forget that word for "hunting, catching guilty animals" SORRY

PS: What about Wings O P. Woth it?

LC
Old 07-24-10, 02:33 AM   #1374
frinik
Grey Wolf

Hello My Dear Lc, it would have been a pleasure talking-chatting with you before but unlike you and Mr Zee I don´t speak a word of Magyar.....

What´s the fixation about an antenna on atank????Since we cannot use a radio communication system in the sim???No doubt Freud or Jung would see some kind of unresolved youth fantasy in that

Yeah the Tiger looks nice and with camo and fully painted it will be a beauty.

The Hungarian were the only allies of Germany who did nto quit or defect to the enemy unlike even the Finns not to mention the Rumanians and Italians.

Cheers

Good to hear from LC, Morty etc.

Thank you Mr. Zee looking forward to the Panther both AI and playable
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 01:48 PM   #1375
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

[QUOTE=LcSummers;1452016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post

ZW, thanks for that

Àrpád fejedelem would be proud.

LC
Ah yes, Atila!

ZW
Old 07-24-10, 02:21 PM   #1376
morttheslayer
Soundman

So much to take in

Hi Zee Frinic & Lc, no rush for a GPU yet and you've given me food for thought!! thanks for that. My trusty 'old' NVid 9800GTX+ has done me proud to date, just that all signposts are towards the Radeon 5870 HD, if and when it gets cheap enough - keeping all options open though

Well Lc How's old 'hop-along' ?? here's hoping your legs are improving daily. Yes Zee's pretending the hatch is for loading, when I know it's for rabbit shooting out on the steppes!! Looks like you've got an antenna as well, bad news is it will be as useful as my Luger in action!! Mind you it will be good for whipping things (that sounds kinky so Nuff said!!).
I didn't indulge in WOP I read all the stuff and decided to stick with IL246 and upcoming big Euro map - I really am struggling to fit all this simming in to my life!! (not complaining too much though!!)

Frinic I hope your PC is "tamed" now and doing things you want it to rather than having it's own AI !!!
All the best for now Morty - the Mortician's Mate
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 11:23 PM   #1377
Priscalan
Loader

Hi ZEE,

No need to fear, I still ... albeit slowly (too slowly). But I see the task to reach your level ...

Vorwärts!
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 12:53 AM   #1378
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscalan View Post
Hi ZEE,

No need to fear, I still ... albeit slowly (too slowly). But I see the task to reach your level ...

Vorwärts!
That's the spirit!
What is your favorite thing you like to do? (modeling, texture maps, etc.)

ZW
Old 07-25-10, 01:34 AM   #1379
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Acervice is not a good Acervice

Hi Morty, LC and all fellow ZW members.

No Morty my new pc has given me nothing but grief.It turns out that after corrupt boot fils, a loacked password I also have a defective GT330 graphic card.It would cost me more to ship it back to Acer for charnge than to buy a new ones so I am going to bite the bullet and buy myself an ATI Radeon instead of the Taiwanese Nvidia junk Acer provides.

Acer of America so-called customer service( outsourced to India with the resulting clueless, unhelpful but polite attendants who can't tell a pc from a toaster...)has bene less then helpful and inflexible as much as they could.ACervice is Acervice we won't give you should be their motto!

I strongly recommend not to buy Acer as the reliability of their products and their horrible customer-support service are real issues.All Acer products I bought had defects( I returned 2 brand new laptops for defects).Their prices are attractive but from now on I am going to pay more and get better.btw THE MANUFACTURERS OF ACER PRODUCTS AND NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARDS ARE PART OF THE SAME CONGLOMERATE...Their customer service motto ought to be "ACERvice we don't give you is ACER vice we like...."

To add grief to misery the same week my external hard dic with 450 gbs of precious personal data crashed with the logic card fried and it would cost me at least $300 to retrieve the lost data.The day after my wife's MP4-MP5 player also crashed making her lose 45 gbs of precious data.

I am just waiting for a building to fall on me. I wouldn't be surprised with my luck these days...

Anyway the sun will shine again.Lc hang on my Man things will go up because of the laws of physics.You hit rock bottom then you go up..

frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 08:45 AM   #1380
KdF
Loader

Was this a laptop or a regular PC?
Where are you?
I have built opver 20 computers over the years and have never had that all happen at once.
Love to help you build a real gaming machine.