Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-31-11, 02:52 AM   #2071
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Sorry that was soooo long..maybe I have a bad copy of the game? Also..should or do I need to have the game disk in the dvd drive to play the game..or will it just run (normally) from the desktop shortcut without the disk in the drive?
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 11:30 AM   #2072
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc84 View Post
Sorry that was soooo long..maybe I have a bad copy of the game? Also..should or do I need to have the game disk in the dvd drive to play the game..or will it just run (normally) from the desktop shortcut without the disk in the drive?
Hi ingsoc84,

if you are using ZW mods, you dont need the disc in your drive!!

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 11:32 AM   #2073
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Hi ZW,

great improvements. Thanx for the spare tracks

A thing i am missing!! The smell of burning oil

Go on with your great work

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 08:24 PM   #2074
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Hi ingsoc84,

if you are using ZW mods, you dont need the disc in your drive!!

LC
Hello ..no not using any mods yet..IM still tryign toget the basic game to run..it ran on my pc fine..then I did a reformat and reinstalled the game.and since then..the game wont run...CTD..and multiple errors..which I have no idea what is the cause..all other games..such as Silent Hunter 5..play just fine...so Im not sure what the issue is here.I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times..cleared the cache in the game..etc etc..stll..no dice..

If anyone can think of something Im missing..I'd sure appreciate the help..as I really want to play the game..ran fine on my system before I reformated the HD.and I've loaded everything back up..SH5 plays great..I have a

AMD Athalon FX 57 single core running at 2.9...(single core worked fine for the game when first installed) 4 gigs corsair DDR ram...fatality pro xfi titanium sound card...geforce Ultra 8800 with 768 megs ram..windows xp sp3..have downoaded all new drivers..tried older video drivers...directx 9.0c is up and running..dxdiag run shows no problems...I installed java.dont know if Im missing some basic program or otherwise to run the game..really strange this thing is....thanks much

Here is my latest error code upon running:

Could not run because MSVCP71.dll could not be found..try reinstalling the game..

Last edited by ingsoc84; 01-31-11 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-31-11, 08:36 PM   #2075
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Hello ..no not using any mods yet..IM still tryign toget the basic game to run..it ran on my pc fine..then I did a reformat and reinstalled the game.and since then..the game wont run...CTD..and multiple errors..which I have no idea what is the cause..all other games..such as Silent Hunter 5..play just fine...so Im not sure what the issue is here.I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times..cleared the cache in the game..etc etc..stll..no dice..

If anyone can think of something Im missing..I'd sure appreciate the help..as I really want to play the game..ran fine on my system before I reformated the HD.and I've loaded everything back up..SH5 plays great..I have a

AMD Athalon FX 57 single core running at 2.9...(single core worked fine for the game when first installed) 4 gigs corsair DDR ram...fatality pro xfi titanium sound card...geforce Ultra 8800 with 768 megs ram..windows xp sp3..have downoaded all new drivers..tried older video drivers...directx 9.0c is up and running..dxdiag run shows no problems...I installed java.dont know if Im missing some basic program or otherwise to run the game..really strange this thing is....thanks much
You need to install these files:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 09:54 PM   #2076
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
You need to install these files:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip

ZeeWolf

Thanks Zeewolf..I downloaded the zip file.do..can youtell me where I want to extract them to..that is..which folder? my TvT or somewhere else? also..I see 5 .dll files..do I want to extact each one of them seperately? Do I isntall all 5? and lastly..do I install them into the TvT main file..OR into one of the subfolders? thanks!! Hope this works Sorry for all the questions..I will buy yoru mod for sure once I get this all sorted out..thanks

Last edited by ingsoc84; 01-31-11 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-31-11, 10:55 PM   #2077
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thanks Zeewolf..I downloaded the zip file.do..can youtell me where I want to extract them to..that is..which folder? my TvT or somewhere else? also..I see 5 .dll files..do I want to extact each one of them seperately? Do I isntall all 5? and lastly..do I install them into the TvT main file..OR into one of the subfolders? thanks!! Hope this works Sorry for all the questions..I will buy yoru mod for sure once I get this all sorted out..thanks
They can go in the system32 folder or the TvsT root folder

ZeeWolf
Old 01-31-11, 11:20 PM   #2078
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
They can go in the system32 folder or the TvsT root folder

ZeeWolf

Okay.thanks..installed into the system32 folder..reinstalling the game. Is there a reason they would not have already been in the system32 folder...or does the game try to install them there?.wish me luck!
Old 01-31-11, 11:54 PM   #2079
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

SUCCESS!!!Im up and running..many thanks Zeewolf..NOW on to the MOD!

Last edited by ingsoc84; 02-01-11 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-01-11, 01:09 AM   #2080
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Im going to test out the free mission 6 and bug fixes.and assuming it plays fine on my pc..which it should..then I'll join and get the whole works..any speical instructions when enabling this mod? Im assuming I just extract the contents to the TvTmain folder..and "extract"? thanks in advance! I just dont want to screw this up now that I have the main game up and running!
Old 02-01-11, 02:48 PM   #2081
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Ahhh game and mod is up and running like a scalded dog...finally! And high time..given the SH5 Ubisoft servers are down..and we can't even play that game at the moment...so its good to have this game up and working..thanks Zeewolf and all who helped with advice re getting the game to work!
Old 02-01-11, 06:18 PM   #2082
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default final 2010 Update release bug hunt

Well ingsoc84 you turned out to be a real blessing,

Old ZeeWolfy is at the moment chasing down a bug that must be fixed before releasing the final 2010 Update.
It has to do with the end of the mission when you complete all the objectives(it's obviously something I did)
and is causing me to test all the missions, one at a time to make sure I fixed it. So to all please be patient with me,
I sure do not want another repeat of the Oct. release chaos , so the drop-dead deadline panic had to go
and I sure learned my lesson .

Humbly
ZW

AI Tiger's new skin
Old 02-02-11, 11:47 AM   #2083
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

Looking very nice there Zee, can I ask you a question.

Have you ever come across an entry to extend the time the server/client waits for a connection?

We often have problems where we try to connect and you see the packets being sent/received (F9) but it stop after 3 seconds.

We would like to extend this time.

Any info would be of great help
murkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 12:19 PM   #2084
Django55
Mate

Downloads: 6

Please, can anyone tell me how I can download the Mod and install it ?
Appreciate it !
Old 02-02-11, 02:18 PM   #2085
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkz View Post
Looking very nice there Zee, can I ask you a question.

Have you ever come across an entry to extend the time the server/client waits for a connection?

We often have problems where we try to connect and you see the packets being sent/received (F9) but it stop after 3 seconds.

We would like to extend this time.

Any info would be of great help
Hi Murkz,
I have yet to begin to understand the multi-player code. But when I start
I will be more than happy to assist you in trouble shooting.
Although I already decided that the TvT Multi-player will be a completely
separate install from the single player I still have no useful MP knowledge.

ATB

ZeeWolf