SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-19, 06:40 PM   #16
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Why does it have to be so difficult to either choose a player or a bot for the slots .
Something like this.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 07:28 PM   #17
Mork_417
Lieutenant Commander

Downloads: 263
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relmu View Post
It's entirely possible to run the HMS Marulken single handedly, not that it's easy of course, there's a lot of running around to be done.

In theory you only need sonar, helm and targeting. But as long as you have patience and know what to do and when there's no reason you can't take down the flotilla with just one person.
He is not wrong.

I've been playing off-n-on all day today as a single crew man, and having a blast.
Results from my last outing:
Old 03-25-19, 10:10 AM   #18
jaromaz
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

You can play missions in the private lobby on your own. It requires some work, but it gives a lot of satisfaction. Of course, there is a little lack of crew, but I can live with it
jaromaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 07:03 PM   #19
KOCATKA
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

the idea of playing with a team is very good, but I would also like to see a single player game, with a team of players it is possible in co-op or multiplayer, but a single player game would be great to have, good luck to the developers.
KOCATKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 08:53 PM   #20
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 531
radar Single player modus

The suggestion of Sober to implement a possibility to play as a single player is very good. I think a lot of more people would buy the Wolfpack game, if it has a Single player modus.
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 04:57 AM   #21
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi UK
Seconded
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 06:38 AM   #22
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

From my perspective this is not a good single player game; can it be done sure, but that’s not where the game shines.

This is a ww2 sub version of Star Trek Bridge Crew, non vr of course. This has more complexity of controls but not as much variation or scenarios.

However whilst Star Trek Bridge Crew is doable but awful in single player, it’s revolutionary in multiplayer. Sure, most gamers are awful jerks trying to be funny or stupid, but get a good crew and it’s transformative.

Anyone wanting to single player this should look to Uboat, although I’d hate to drive sales away considering the immense hard work the dev team and Neal have put into this. But it’s never going to be a great single player game.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 02:57 PM   #23
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx_Novoros View Post
guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.
I would encourage all to play the game as a co-op, all the things you have learned while playing SH3,4,5 are shared with a crew in wolfpack! esp when u have played with the principles of handling the u-boat as a single player in SH, series

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote