SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-11, 06:52 AM   #1006
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
I tested all the career start options with v.3.99999993 and found two subs with loadout problems, but i forgot to write down the names and year/flottillas , but it is possible to playtest this yourself rather fast. Took me about 5 minutes max

I was using no other mod fwiw.

Btw, i see there are two single sub mods are they newer versions or is v.39999993 the latest version?

Oh, one minor other thing: The torpedoes (well, some versions) have the LUT and FAT pattern left from the german torpedoes they replace, aren't the (very reliable) japanese topedoes straight runners ?

Oh and the reliabilities seems to be those of the rather flawed german torps as well...

Atm I am playing a WDAD med campaign, but after this I will return to the IJN and will test more.

Anyway: love your work, guys!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:09 PM   #1007
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I tested all the career start options with v.3.99999993 and found two subs with loadout problems, but i forgot to write down the names and year/flottillas , but it is possible to playtest this yourself rather fast. Took me about 5 minutes max
I did take a look and only found one sub, the C3 with a 1944 Career Start that had no tubes and no torpedoes to load.
I did find the 2 Kaidais did not have any aft torpedo reserves even though there are slots for 6 reserves, they are empty.
So if you found something else please post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio
I was using no other mod fwiw.

Btw, i see there are two single sub mods are they newer versions or is v.39999993 the latest version?
Thanks for the info that you are not using other mods, it helps to find the problem. Easy fixes for those. As for the other "single sub mods", I do not know what mods you mean, Keltos put out many mods as he improved the subs and added more. The current one that I have is 3.9.9.9.9.3. I know this numbering is getting very confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio
Oh, one minor other thing: The torpedoes (well, some versions) have the LUT and FAT pattern left from the german torpedoes they replace, aren't the (very reliable) japanese topedoes straight runners ?

Oh and the reliabilities seems to be those of the rather flawed german torps as well...
I looked at the .sim files for the torpedoes and it looks like all the "ladders" were removed. Keltos will have to answer this part, I don't know what he set for reliability, but I thought he took out all the "Lut and Fat patterns". In what way did you find them unreliable? Missing, circle runners, duds????

I know the ships take longer to sink since he added some sinking mechanics from another mod, is that the problem? And I did find some of the topedoes were not as powerful as they were in a previous MOD. I do not know if that is from weaker torpedoes or from the sinking MOD which may have changed the settings on the ships. Keltos had a different team to work on that part of the MOD, so I can't answer that question.

Thanks for your input Radio, appreciate it. I will check into fixes for the problems I did find and pass them along to Keltos.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:13 PM   #1008
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
I tested all the career start options with v.3.99999993 and found two subs with loadout problems
Radio,

I just checked the C3 that I also found a problem with and I found the mistake:

IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1944-02-01, TorpedoTube533Ger, T3Fat2Torpedo
IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault2= 1944-05-01, NULL, TorpedoTube533Ger, T1Torpedo

There are no torpedo tubes from February 1 until May 1 of 1944, easy fix.

Peabody

PS: I also found the same mistake on the A1 and the Jyunsen 1 M. So they will be corrected.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 10-15-11 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-16-11, 07:59 AM   #1009
Radio
Planesman

Good to hear that my input was useful

Ok, after finishing my british WDAD campaign I made more and more complete tests with the 39...3 version. Here my observations:

-Jyunsen B:

-No problems, pretty much done, except for the periscope depth being too deep for periscope use. Even at a perfect calm sea the periscope is underwater 50% of the time. It's the same for all Jyunsens btw.

-Kaichu:

-There are small holes (see-thru) in the left bow side of the 3D model.
-The default loadout is missing 6 (of 8 possible) torpedo reloads. However if you start the mission without changing anything they are loaded automatically.

-Kaidai Type 3b + Type 4

-All upgrades are available in 43
-only in Type 3b: 6 aft tubes are empty by default

-Jyunsen 1mod

-All upgrades are vailable in 43

-Jyunsen C2:

-All upgrades in 43
-The watch on the bow confölicts with the deck gun, they are in the same spot.
-model has small holes
-The cables look weird
-Some of the smaller parts on the aft float over the model. not a lot but they do.

-Jyunsen B2:

-model holes
-The flag seems to float in the air, not a big issue

-type A1:

-smal holes in model
-the propulsion screws' animation is far too slow (didn't check that on other models)
-default loadout has only 13 of 18 internal tubes filled
-the flag part looks like it is hanging in midair

-Kaidai 3a:

-all upgrades in 43
-6 aft tubes empty by default
-the TBT on the bridge floats in mid-air
-bow model looks odd, the ramp/wood parts have lots of holes in the model

-Type C3:

-No fronttubes (and yes i initially confused that sub with the AM, sorry)
-No torpedo selection in the loadout screen
-many untextured parts (radar tower etc.)

-Sen Toku:

-small holes in the model
-the texture seems to be mising
-no bridge view (as reported before)
-floating gun (already reported)
-snorkel head has texture issues, missing texture maybe?

-Sen Taka:

-No problems found! Was surprised by the somewhat empty command room, but it is ok as the sub has little crew.

I hope this helps?

About the torpedoes:

-Had lots of duds with the type 89
-please change the description to a single speed e.g. 51 and not 49-51, it makes me nervous :-P
-And yes, you are right, the torpedoes seem to be weak! I hit a large tanker with 4 type 89s, all detonated in a spread over the whole length of the ship and it did take a looooong time to sink amd it only burned lightly. The next tanker i fired 4 type 89s again and had 2 duds and 2 missed.
-one more thing about the torps: Maybe it would be better to include only the realistic types (basically the type 95, Kaitens etcetc) and leave the fictional homing torpedos and the electric ones out. I just played the WDAD campaign and it has only 2 torpedoes to select and I did never wanted any other torpedo to use. I mean in this case less is more :-)

Anyway: Awesome mod!

Last edited by Radio; 10-16-11 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-16-11, 11:20 AM   #1010
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

thanks Peabody ! please send me the fix when you've made it I'd appreciate it !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 11:24 AM   #1011
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
I have not been following this thread. Is it ready? I do not see any links for downloads in the initial post.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 04:15 PM   #1012
peabody
Admiral

Quote:

About the torpedoes:

-Had lots of duds with the type 89
-please change the description to a single speed e.g. 51 and not 49-51, it makes me nervous :-P
-And yes, you are right, the torpedoes seem to be weak! I hit a large tanker with 4 type 89s, all detonated in a spread over the whole length of the ship and it did take a looooong time to sink amd it only burned lightly. The next tanker i fired 4 type 89s again and had 2 duds and 2 missed.
-one more thing about the torps: Maybe it would be better to include only the realistic types (basically the type 95, Kaitens etcetc) and leave the fictional homing torpedos and the electric ones out. I just played the WDAD campaign and it has only 2 torpedoes to select and I did never wanted any other torpedo to use. I mean in this case less is more :-)

Anyway: Awesome mod!
Keltos will have to address the torpedo questions. He says they are are legitimate IJN torpedoes and not fictional ones. The homing torpedoes are used for the Kaitens which were steered by men toward the target. Since we had no way to man them and actually make them 'steer' we used the homing to simulate steering. As far as I know the Kaitens are the only ones that are homing torpedoes.

I have never had a dud using IJN torpedoes, so I don't know if there have been changes since Keltoes send the file to me.

As for the tanker taking a lot of hits and sinking slowly, I actually discussed that with Keltos a long time ago. It is from the sinking mechanics that were added not from weak torpedoes. Although the torpedoes are a bit weaker then they used to be, but he can give you more details.

Peabody

PS: My C3 does have a texture, it is a silver color but that was what Miner put on it, unless that has been changed.
Any 3D work you can address to Keltos, he's the subbuilder, I just help when I can. Mostly guns and crew and some files here and there. Not with textures or 3D stuff.

Last edited by peabody; 10-16-11 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-16-11, 04:24 PM   #1013
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
thanks Peabody ! please send me the fix when you've made it I'd appreciate it !

keltos
I gave you the fix:

IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1944-02-01, TorpedoTube533Ger, T3Fat2Torpedo
IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault2= 1944-05-01, NULL, TorpedoTube533Ger, T1Torpedo

Change the dates, there are no torpedoes or tubes from 1944-02-01 to 1944-05-01 on certain subs. Some of the subs were fixed, others were not.

Peabody

Old 10-17-11, 05:11 AM   #1014
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default IJN Jyunsen B mod torpedo tube fix

IJN Jyunsen B mod torpedo tube fix

http://www.mediafire.com/?k9sb06yv1x2oqe2

I checked all boat's upcge and fixed what needed to be for the tubes' dates.

As for their destructive power, they still have the same, the thing is that the I-Boat damage mod made by Observer and I makes it so that, like in natural sinking mechanics, the ships flood then sink, so it might take a long while sometimes... but to me it's more realistic

regards

keltos

Old 10-17-11, 03:52 PM   #1015
peabody
Admiral

Quote:

I checked all boat's upcge and fixed what needed to be for the tubes' dates.

As for their destructive power, they still have the same, the thing is that the I-Boat damage mod made by Observer and I makes it so that, like in natural sinking mechanics, the ships flood then sink, so it might take a long while sometimes... but to me it's more realistic

regards

keltos
I agree it is more realistic, I just think since Radio didn't know about it, he thought the torpedoes were weaker.
I do think the Tanker is a bit too much, but we can deal with that.

Peabody

Old 10-17-11, 04:32 PM   #1016
keltos01
Silent Hunter

good one thing out of the way !

glad we agree Peabody !

keltos

Old 10-17-11, 09:11 PM   #1017
gijas04
Watch

Downloads: 180

Quote:

keltos
Do I install this over the original Jyunsen B mod data folder or use JSME to install?
Old 10-18-11, 02:45 AM   #1018
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijas04 View Post
Do I install this over the original Jyunsen B mod data folder or use JSME to install?
use jsgme to install.

you could paste it in the original JB folder but I prefer jsgme myself.

regards

keltos

Old 10-20-11, 05:14 AM   #1019
Radio
Planesman

Bug report: The 3.9999.3.7 mod reintroduces an old, almost forgotten and really annoying bug: The forever leaking pipes!

My A1 sub got slightly damaged and no matter what I tried that pipe in the 3d view simply did not stop spraying. I got so sick of that sound that I quit the game, muted the corresponding WAV files and reloaded the game, only to be able to play on.

Vickers made a mod that corrected that bug for the stock game, not sure what he changed exactly, IIRC he edited the pipes in the dat files of the sub...

OOOh and thanks for the loadout fix above!

edit: I handmade a leaking-pipes fix by taking a look at how vickers did those for the US subs and applied them to the japanese/german interiors, you can find it here: (No 100% guarantee that it works,but I tested it with the A1 sub and it worked there):

editedit: incomplete download removed

Last edited by Radio; 10-21-11 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-20-11, 11:45 AM   #1020
keltos01
Silent Hunter

will try it thanks !

does it affect the flooding or just the leaky pipes in the 3d view ?

keltos