SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-18, 12:34 PM   #1
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Default Two games

Hello is it possible to have two SIlent hunter Iv's? I want one with KSD II And other one with FOTRSU. Is it possible?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-18, 12:42 PM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Of course yes!
I currently have 5 SH4 on same C drive, with each different game launcher on desktop (associated with their own jsgme)
Just make sure they all have different folder names.
My 5 SH4 are all linked to same LAA application for better RAM.

Be careful with your saved game in career, cause they are all in same Document/SH4 folder. You’ll have to type special names when saved to see wich one belong to such SH4 exe
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-18, 02:06 PM   #3
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

So how did you do it?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-18, 03:13 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Both of you need to download and use MultiSH4. With it, you can rename the Save folder for each of your copies of the install. Unzip MultiSH4, and put a copy of it in each of your install folders and run it from there.

What I do Niume, if I'm not using Rockin Robbin's Corruption Management System, is I take my base SH4 folder, such as "C:\Games \Ubisoft \Silent Hunter...", and I select and copy the "Silent Hunter..." portion (along with all of its sub-folders and files), and paste it to another place on the hard drive. Once copied over, I rename that new "root" folder to something suitable for the mod, such as "TMO" for a TMO modded SH4 game. Then I copy that "TMO" folder back into the "Ubisoft" folder. There are now basically two identical Silent Hunter 4 games in my Ubisoft folder, but only the original has a short-cut to start it with. Run MultiSH4 in the "TMO" folder, change the Save folder from "SH4" to "TMO", save and exit from MultiSH4. You now have two separate games that (in theory) won't interfere with each others' Saved games. Now activate your mod, and then create a short-cut for the "new" install.

If you have a "clean" SH4 install, you could use 7Zip or some other archive program, and "zip-up" the "Silent Hunter..." folder into an archive, and that makes moving things a bit easier. You might re-name the folder before you zip it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote