SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 01:17 PM   #16
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
SHO

Also is there a way to reduce enemy AI.
Even a merchant can sink your sub.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #17
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 3,755
Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0


Default

There are many ways to "die" in Silent Hunter... If you're playing stock, I'd recommend Webster's Better Air Patrols, in that it reduces the number of encounters -BUT- there is a trade-off... the ones that do occur, are more deadly, so you still don't want to be seen by an airplane... When you go to activate it in JSGME, be careful of the folder structure of the mod. Make sure you've got Game Folder / MODS / Webster's Better Air Patrol / Data - there are versions there for SH4 1.4 and 1.5. You also have to watch for extra folders being created if you use Windows archive manager from the Explorer...
__________________

propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #18
Bubblehead1980
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida and Louisiana
Posts: 4,546
Downloads: 359
Uploads: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatis1982 View Post
Also is there a way to reduce enemy AI.
Even a merchant can sink your sub.

Reducing AI in TMO? That is the point of TMO, to be a challenge.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:41 AM   #19
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Reducing AI in TMO? That is the point of TMO, to be a challenge.
Yeah I know. I want something harder than stock but not that extreme hard.
Well 20% reduce the damage you take with TMO is a very good mod for mod.

Last edited by Vatis1982; 05-12-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:48 AM   #20
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Icon12

I will try TMO with training wheels.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #21
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 3,755
Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0


Default

If you like TMO, but want to dial it back a bit, try Dave Grayson's TMOwTw, which is TMO with Training wheels.
__________________

propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #22
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you like TMO, but want to dial it back a bit, try Dave Grayson's TMOwTw, which is TMO with Training wheels.

Although i finished two patrols in the last hours with quite a few enemy kills, i think it's to heavy for me that a destroyer can spot you from 12km away at day and at around 5-7 km at night.(while on surface)
So i will try this.Thank you.

Last edited by Vatis1982; 05-12-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #23
Bubblehead1980
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida and Louisiana
Posts: 4,546
Downloads: 359
Uploads: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatis1982 View Post
Yeah I know. I was something harder than stock but not that extreme hard.
Well 20% reduce the damage you take with TMO is a very good mod for mod.

I've long felt that The depth charges(as were in stock) are the problem not the AI. They way they are set to offer the "killing blow" is the problem. Depth charges were not precision guided weapons as we know, basically they beat a sub into submission, damaging key systems until overwhelmed and forced to surface or lose control of boat due to pumps failing etc. Rarely did the "golben bb" score one hit that finished em off. It is one reason so many US boats made it back albeit damaged heavily and severely in some cases.I created a mod that remedies this.

I suggest before going to dealing with dumbed down AI, try my depth charge mod. Just enabled after TMO via JSGME.


http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4201
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #24
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I've long felt that The depth charges(as were in stock) are the problem not the AI. They way they are set to offer the "killing blow" is the problem. Depth charges were not precision guided weapons as we know, basically they beat a sub into submission, damaging key systems until overwhelmed and forced to surface or lose control of boat due to pumps failing etc. Rarely did the "golben bb" score one hit that finished em off. It is one reason so many US boats made it back albeit damaged heavily and severely in some cases.I created a mod that remedies this.

I suggest before going to dealing with dumbed down AI, try my depth charge mod. Just enabled after TMO via JSGME.


http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4201
Thank you.I will try it also.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #25
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you like TMO, but want to dial it back a bit, try Dave Grayson's TMOwTw, which is TMO with Training wheels.
The download link has some kind of problem.It opens a window but no download file.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #26
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 8,817
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 53


Default

Since I'm responsible for the upload, let me check on that.
As our computers are so fond of saying "Please wait....."

Okay, here's the situation. It sure looks tempting to click on the folder and try to download it. All you get to do there is explore the contents, which will taunt you with your inability to get them onto your computer. Fortunately, hiding in the upper right corner of the screen is a down arrow. It has no way for you to know that's the only way to download the file. Click the down arrow in the upper right corner and it will offer to download the 7zip file for you and you should be golden.

I should beg more FTP space from Neal and actually upload the file to Subsim rather than just provide a link to my Google Drive account.....

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 05-12-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #27
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 3,755
Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0


Default

Ah yes... the ole "Google Drive" hiding it in plain sight trick... would you believe I missed it by |-----------| that much?...
__________________

propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #28
Vatis1982
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Piraeus Greece
Posts: 34
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Since I'm responsible for the upload, let me check on that.
As our computers are so fond of saying "Please wait....."

Okay, here's the situation. It sure looks tempting to click on the folder and try to download it. All you get to do there is explore the contents, which will taunt you with your inability to get them onto your computer. Fortunately, hiding in the upper right corner of the screen is a down arrow. It has no way for you to know that's the only way to download the file. Click the down arrow in the upper right corner and it will offer to download the 7zip file for you and you should be golden.

I should beg more FTP space from Neal and actually upload the file to Subsim rather than just provide a link to my Google Drive account.....

I can't find it.Seriously. The only arrow i see is a red one which do exactly the same.
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #29
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 3,755
Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0


Default

When you click on the SubSim download link for TMO with Training wheels, you should get this:



Which is a Google Drive page. Up in the upper right in the black area, to the left of "Sign In" click box and the 3 periods arranged vertically is the "Download" arrow. It's like an underlined down-arrow. Click on that. You might have to scroll the window in order to see it, if you don't have a bigger screen resolution...
__________________

propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #30
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 8,817
Downloads: 131
Uploads: 53


Default

In the meantime I have a request in to Neal to give me more FTP space for TMOwTw on the Subsim download site itself.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim