SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-09, 01:15 PM   #166
Torpedotreffer
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Thanky from Germany. You guys did make the best U-Boot-Sim-Feeling I ever had (I did never touch SH4).
Hopefully your ideas fill be found in SH5, too.

Thank you very much !

Best regards,
Torpedotreffer
Torpedotreffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 10:35 AM   #167
von Sybe
Swabbie

Downloads: 55
Missed, but not forgotten!

You shall be missed, but not forgotten!

Bedankt!

''Ja ja meine Herrn, jetzt wird's psychologisch...''
von Sybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 11:14 AM   #168
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
My friends,

Try not to be angry at us when considering all the things we 'could have done'... or 'should have done' during the development of GWX.
Angry? Rather I will eternally in debt with the GWX team for so many years of enjoyment thanks to your hard work!

In fact, I almost play exclusively at GWX 3.0 Gold...

SHIII+GWX 3.0 is a real thing.

SHV is only a project. Better to live the present, GWX 3.0 Gold.

Thanks again to the GWX Team.
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 03:33 PM   #169
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus_Doldinger View Post
Angry? Rather I will eternally in debt with the GWX team for so many years of enjoyment thanks to your hard work!

In fact, I almost play exclusively at GWX 3.0 Gold...

SHIII+GWX 3.0 is a real thing.

SHV is only a project. Better to live the present, GWX 3.0 Gold.

Thanks again to the GWX Team.
Danke

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 04:37 PM   #170
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Bad Timing is all!

I'm kinda sad that GWX4 won't hit the shelves as expected(and no doubt it would've been another hit)

But i felt unsure about GWX4 the moment SH5 was announced!

Thank you guys and all involved for so much!

And it's kinda good to know that the GWX Team will bee keepin' an eye on the SH5. If the need arises you surely can tweak it!

Kudos and cheers to all of you!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 04:47 PM   #171
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

Downloads: 339

"very well' - try AMAZING!!!!!

You guys made sh3 the game it should have been on release,
anyone who gave a crap about their sub, played your mods.

Your team did amazing things, and you have nothing to be ashamed of, after all the sweat and blood you guys put into sh, I think you all deserve a resounding thanks from the entire subsim community.

Thank You GWX team, you will live on forever in my heart, and my hard drive.

:s alute:
Old 09-28-09, 04:53 PM   #172
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

you know, the thought of the loss of GWX4 was saddening, but seeing the potential that SHV has, I get a feeling you guys won't be able to keep your hands off it
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 02:50 PM   #173
Sub146
Mate

Downloads: 22

Sad news , but thank you all for the amazing mod , i'm sure it will be played for many years by many people.
Sub146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 12:50 PM   #174
GuyC_UK
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Default Hope to see you on top of the world again.

I am new to this arena and am amazed at the improvement you and your team have achieved with your mod pack/ patches and all the work you have done, i hope you are able to venture into this arena once again if you so choose/ decide it is neccesary. wish you all the best for your futures and Hope to see you on top of the world again with breathing apparatus so you can stay for longer.
GuyC_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 02:03 PM   #175
Draka
Lieutenant

Downloads: 322

Been playing SH3 since release, off and on over the years. Major lurker, first post here. Recently ( last 2 months) getting back into this, and the FIRST thing I did was find and enable the latest GWX - THEN started reading other posts and looking for other mods. Many, many thanks for the enhancement you have given this old game - enough that it still shines next to any "new" games.

Grognard since 1960 .....
Draka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 05:06 PM   #176
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD, BOTH OF YOU!
Old 10-03-09, 06:24 PM   #177
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

<TO BOTH OF YOU>

Welcome aboard Kaleuns

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 05:51 AM   #178
Siegfried von Funk
Watch

Downloads: 117
Default Kameraden

Thank you for everything. You will be sorely missed.

Old 10-04-09, 08:04 PM   #179
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
My friends,

(This is going to hurt.)

Apologies for making a new thread for this post... but I think you'll understand after you've read it.

After days of agonizing over the GWX-related discussion/tasks at hand for this weekend... it is clear to me that there is really only one choice left to us.

In the light of Ubisoft's SH5 preview announcement and impending release... and given the now-reduced manpower available to the GWX dev team...

...we are clearly no longer capable of executing our mission to develop GWX4. Even if we were able to do so, many of the objectives we intended to execute, (as stated on our website and elsewhere) would likely be mirrored only a short time later with the release of SH5... rendering our work obsolete. Just as we've done our dead-level-best to impliment things most sought after by the community... it is clear that the Silent Hunter Devs have been listening to you. This is a good thing guys. It is rather logical that parallel courses were eventually steered into in many ways...

Try not to be angry at us when considering all the things we 'could have done'... or 'should have done' during the development of GWX. Please understand that many of the good people of the GWX dev team have given the final measure of all they could given the circumstances presented by familial obligations, faltering relationships at home, the failed economy, loss of jobs, the demands of school, increased workloads placed on our numbers by employers that sign our real life paychecks, ... and the limitations of simply being human. The stresses of developing GWX have always been very real, and often very painful... in addition to all the things spoken of above.

The only thing that could ever really harm us... REAL LIFE... has made the decision for us. Admitting it... is simply miserable. However, sometime in the night while we were sleeping, we passed the point of no return. Though just a few weeks ago, it seemed we could still get the job done, the engine has stopped because Real Life is demanding its payment.

I hope you'll allow us to end our voyage with our honor intact. I think that we all knew that the hardest part of our journey... would be that someday we would have to end that journey.

Without a doubt, we can sit as I've done the last few days... and rethink our choices a million times over... but the writing really is on the wall.

This project has become a part of who we are... and for that reason, letting go is heart-breaking. In so many ways, this has become SO MUCH MORE than "just a game." This project has been about PEOPLE... and TEAMWORK... and the WILLPOWER to build SOMETHING out of NOTHING... and about being SUCCESSFUL in the face of adversity.

In the end, we must thank our enemies too... as they helped drive our team to succeed.

Most importantly though, our project has come to represent a global friendship... and PROOF that a few good and determined people can change their surroundings for the better.

We have stood on top of the world... and the view was breathtaking... but no one can stay there for long, and no-one can march forever. The air is very thin there... and if you stay... a storm will take you.

Going forward...

Effective immediately, we are retiring the GWX4 project and I am releasing the GWX team from all actual or implied developmental responsibilities.

We do reserve the right to hold the titles "The Grey Wolves Project" and/or "GWX" for future consideration... (I think that after all this time we've earned the rights to our own name.) Myself and Jimbuna will continue to oversee GWX interests that remain (detail management following the closure of the project) but without any expectation or obligation to start again with Silent Hunter V at some date in the future.

I also humbly ask that you in the community will lend your morale support to the above requests.

Here and now, the idea of re-assembling the team for SH5 when the time comes, just doesn't seem to be a viable concept... The people on our team are very tired and from what I understand of SH5, it is to be built on a totally new engine... and its files may subsequently be completely alien to us.

All we can really do is speculate concerning how the release and possible patching of SH5 will go anyway.

The coming days will be very difficult for us... and I personally feel a great deal of hurt for those on the GWX dev team who have poured so much work into all things GWX4 over the last few months... and am absolutely gutted for those of you who have followed our work and encouraged us again and again over the years.

This weekend we take the train 'home to Berlin'... knowing we gave it all we had... For all our faults and shortcomings we hold the simple hope that the paw-prints we leave behind, and the marks we made on the history of the submarine simulation genre... are in the end, viewed as 'well done.'

Its time to end this letter now, and tend to the details of our demobilization... and its getting hard to see anyway...

... and so I'll save my last words for The Grey Wolves dev and crew...

With hand on a heavy heart...

I THANK YOU ALL!!!

~SALUTE!~

Thank you for everything, Captain...

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 12:57 PM   #180
auricom
Mate

thankyou thankyou and all the best.. GWX gold has brought me so many hours of entertainment I don't even know where to start about how awesome it is

all the best
auricom is offline   Reply With Quote