SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-17, 09:53 AM   #1
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998
Uploads: 0
Exclamation TBT leaving WAC 5.0

The TBT team regretfully informs the community that we are pulling out of WAC 5.0. It was a near unanimous decision with only Rick Fortens and BL!TZKR!EG saying we should sustain and continue. Our reasoning is we get no communication (been 3 weeks since he signed onto the dev forum for WAC) and yelled at when we fix something because we have not had any communication. Furthermore, upon a release of a new beta, it turned out once more that the fixes that we have provided were again not included by Han Solo. Couple this again with the arrogant attitude from Han Solo, lying about us on another forum, and thoroughly refusing to work as a team. Also, it has been nearly 3 months since the last beta and at this pace, we won’t get anything done. The most important bugs are far from being addressed and fixed.

The straw that broke the camel’s back
https://www.designmodproject.de/foru...rt=120#1384206
Quote:
Betatester? Die haben die neuste Version noch nicht und ob sie die bekommen, weiß ich noch nicht, da sie weder Muh noch Mäh sagen nach den ersten spärlichen Berichten.
English for those that cant read German

Beta tester? They have not got the latest version yet and whether they get it, I do not know yet, since they say neither Muh nor nothing after the first sparse reports.
We submitted reports only for us to be talked down to and say it was a problem with our system in the pattern "I as a teacher say that is a wrong assumption, everything is correct"

A vote had been cast amongst the ACTIVE members of TBT mentioning that the situation is obviously not improving and that PT was right when saying that NIL communication was the reason. Everyone was asked to decide for himself whether to YES, withdraw the whole TBT from WAC or NO, sustain Han Solo's way of acting and continue as it is. If the vote was NO, then everyone was asked to provide ideas how to improve the situation.

These were the votes:
Philipp Thomsen voted YES - and left right away end of JAN saying that it is impossible to work with Han Solo.
Prozedurmeister voted YES - after his mods were repeatedly not added by Han Solo to the respective Beta-versions
Shark voted YES - after he was insulted by Han Solo more than once
Grey Eminence voted NO first, but changed his vote to YES after he got insulted by Han solo the second time
Rick Fortens voted NO
Desertstriker voted YES right away.
BL/TZ voted NO.

So with the exception of BL/TZ the initiator and driving force of the WAC5-project and Rick, who admittably he has not worked with Han Solo directly, everyone said: No, let's withdraw the TBT from the WAC project.

We further assess that Han Solo is evicted from |TBT| because of repeatedly insulting and swearing individuals and thereby antagonizing one after another. And we are not talking about petty weenie things like on Susi, we are talking about continuous verbal abuse (F*-words and more).

We wish Han Solo the best of luck with WAC 5.0.

Desertstriker, Grey Eminence, Prozedurmeister, Rick Fortens, Shark and BL!TZKR!EG.
Old 06-10-17, 10:39 AM   #2
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9

well, well, well .....

Old 06-10-17, 10:54 AM   #3
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

All my support ...
Why not join the forces to develop and
improve other mod... Nygm for example
If Stiebler allows to do so...bad idea? Or GWX...i think absurd to lose all the work done

P.S. hansolo with your post in other forum (designmodproject)You have not mocked only subsim betatester (mainly betatester of your mod)... you have mocked all subsim community
I hope Subsim take action

Last edited by hauangua; 06-10-17 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-10-17, 11:13 AM   #4
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

A riot on the ship?

Last edited by Anvar1061; 06-10-17 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-10-17, 12:26 PM   #5
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Thx for your help anyway in motivation, help and initiating this project!

Unfortunately also I saw no future for a teamwork anymore since some members from the TBT always posted ridiculous post about private things that did not belong there. This was the start of the end for TBT and WAC5.0.
I could nor bear such postings anymore and so I decided to strike back in my way.

Makman94 also was fed up with the "communication" in the DEF and TBT.
So he left without a noise too!

WAC5.0 will be finished soon! Credits will be given for TBT for initiating, organizing the thread here, organizing beta testers and the work done from them.

All the best for TBT!
Old 06-10-17, 12:33 PM   #6
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you for clarifications. Keep up the great job !

Old 06-10-17, 01:31 PM   #7
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
Unfortunately also I saw no future for a teamwork anymore since some members from the TBT always posted ridiculous post about private things that did not belong there. This was the start of the end for TBT and WAC5.0.
I could nor bear such postings anymore and so I decided to strike back in my way.

All the best for TBT!
Keep telling yourself that. You never communicated with us period, end of story . You never showed up to scheduled meetings and a few that YOU Hans, YOU scheduled. This is not "striking back in your own way" that is 100% sabotage.

We never posted private things either. Don't know what you are on about for that but we NEVER EVER have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
All my support ...
Why not join the forces to develop and improve other mod
We are currently looking into what to do next.
Old 06-10-17, 01:47 PM   #8
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Thx for your help anyway in motivation, help and initiating this project!

Makman94 also was fed up with the "communication" in the DEF and TBT.
So he left without a noise too!

WAC5.0 will be finished soon! Credits will be given for TBT for initiating, organizing the thread here, organizing beta testers and the work done from them.

All the best for TBT!
to argue that black is white.....
Good luck hansolo
Old 06-10-17, 01:56 PM   #9
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Yes.. sure.. there were never things (opinions) mentioned about my job or my private time and my family

And.. I remember meetings where I was there and nobody else.
So... that about team meetings!

BUT... I suggest not to speak any further! I do not need wash this dirty laundry.

Divorce is divorce!

You go your way, I go my way!

Last edited by HanSolo78; 06-10-17 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-10-17, 02:44 PM   #10
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Our (the DEF) TS3 server logs don't lie about who logs on and when they last logged on. We have been using that server for a little more than 4 months now for all things DEF and TBT-related.
Old 06-10-17, 02:47 PM   #11
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Yes.. sure.. there were never things (opinions) mentioned about my job or my private time and my family

And.. I remember meetings where I was there and nobody else.
So... that about team meetings!

BUT... I suggest not to speak any further! I do not need wash this dirty laundry.

Divorce is divorce!

You go your way, I go my way!
http://imgur.com/a/M9rHO
Old 06-11-17, 02:55 AM   #12
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

Just my 2 cents on this. I feel always sorry, when i see a group who shared the same interests devides. That took place here from 2005 on. And some great projects where never finished. 12 years later we all are 12 years older but still united in the passion about uboats. That fact still makes me really happy. 12 years ago no one expected a mod like wac 5. 12 years ago i was at the beginning of my career. Now im a father and left my old job years ago. Things are great and things are bad. Things always change.

Thats the way mankind is. We are nice, extraordinary and we are emotional. But we are also sensitive and weak. In case of a lack of respect on each other strange things happen. We dont like to feel misjugded. So i understand you all with your feelings and expectations. Its all human.

But i would love to see you all leave your mad personal feelings in harbour, be kind to each other and go on another successful patrol for the great sh3! Whatever comes, you did a great job with WAC 5.0. Every time i login to subsim and see news in the SH3 Modding section, i am grateful. Thank you guys, its your merit. You deserve a

Old 06-11-17, 02:56 AM   #13
torpille
Planesman

Downloads: 414
Support blablabla !

it' so bad but so good too.
Good luck HanSolo78
Old 06-11-17, 10:46 AM   #14
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I don't believe SubSim is the place to air grievances publicly nor should the moderation team be expected to adjudicate over what is right and what is wrong when individual parties disagree.

I think it far better had the original poster simply explained the collaboration had come to an end rather than explaining in detail precisely why and who had voted which way as well as their reasons why.

Suffice to say, it is not unusual for the target of the above to respond in defence of themselves and as such matters inevitably run the risk of a greater escalation in tone.

We, the moderation team try to keep SubSim as friendly a place as possible and as such this sort of post content is not welcome.

Thread locked and will either be deleted or posts edited after further consideration is given.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Closed Thread

Tags
tbt, wac