SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-17, 04:40 PM   #1
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 UBOOT: The Board Game

Hello everyone,

I represent a young game dev studio that is working on the board game rendition of ‘UBOOT’ by Deep Water Studio. The vision behind UBOOT: The Board Game is to take the realistic feel of PC subsim games and seamlessly merge it with the fun aspect of boardgaming to create the first ever cooperative tabletop submarine simulator. Yes, a subsim that you could play together with your friends over beer and pretzels Certainly not as realistic as the most prominent PC representatives of the genre, yet definitely faithful enough to be called a simulator.

What we are aiming at is blending the best of both worlds, and putting it into one, hopefully awesome package. With emphasis on player-to-player communication, chain of command, crew management, and hidden information regarding the outside world, we are trying to make the experience as close to the real thing as possible (e.g. contacts have to be tracked via the companion app, and then marked on the paper map by the navigator using a dry erase marker).

One of our goals is to make players talk to one another as much as possible, passing information and orders, while constantly working under the pressure of time. There is much more I could write at this point, but I don't want to attack you with a wall of text from the outset With that in mind, I'm gonna end it right here and let you have a look at some of our stuff.

Here is our early components prototype:

Please bear in mind, that my intention is not to promote the game as much as it is to reach out to the community of enthusiasts in the field of submarine simulation in order to lend an ear to their feedback and expertise (provided that they are willing to share it ). Therefore, if you are curious of how we want to achieve the above mentioned goals, then please visit our website for a full game description, as well as the first instalment of our designer diaries:

http://uboottheboardgame.com/

Last, but not least, here is our silly-ass teaser-trailer:

Right, I guess that's all for now. Thank you very much for your interest and I'd be thrilled if we could sail into the uncharted waters together!

Last edited by Artur Salwarowski; 03-04-17 at 04:55 PM.
Artur Salwarowski is offline   Reply With Quote