Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-18, 11:43 AM   #1
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Default DC/SHII mods compatible?

I was looking for something to read and then found my dog-eared copy of "Torpedo Junction", so naturally had to fire up ole DC . It's still has a good feel, despite the dated graphics and issues. I installed the 3 basic patches: 1.1, PM and fletchers. I really like the sand-box feel , editing and creating your scenarios/ world is a blast. So, I'm hunting down mods and found a bunch at subsim. Are all mods for SHII and DC compatible?
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 12:58 PM   #2
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ahoy @gap
Your question as to whether the modes available here are compatible for your SH2 and DC depends on the language and country of purchase.
As far as I can remember, sometimes the file managers - depending on language and nation - had a slightly differentiated structure within the game folder.
Therefore, for example, such outstanding big-modes as "Frontflottille" and "Zerstörerflottille" of the 9teUflottille work only with the German versions of SH2/DC.

I'll check tomorrow what I find on modifications on an old record - with a nice sound mod for DC I can serve anyway.

Old 02-17-18, 04:20 PM   #3
Vox165
Soundman

Icon14

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that the different lang / country versions were not compatible. The file structure and most of the files are very accessible in my version . Word pad opens most things except models & AI folders. Very open and easy write to.
Old 02-19-18, 02:47 PM   #4
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

https://workupload.com/file/3sghDH8

Old 02-20-18, 09:05 AM   #5
Vox165
Soundman

I looked back through my old notes and saw something regarding a "saved game reload bug" involving SH2 and DC. Anyone remember more?

I tried to reproduce the problem by designing a simple DC scenario mission: Duration Feb 1 -2 1942 (1600-0900) DDSim-Roe out of base Norfolk -Human controlled. 5 x Freighters/tankers with different speeds and paths heading North around Hatteras. 4 X Uboats IXC,AI controlled different paths/ speeds. I allowed the game to play out once all the way without save. Then tried again, but this time saving it and reloaded.
I found No significant AI difference (x 2 times) between the saved vs unsaved.