Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-17, 01:48 PM   #1
phuture
Nub

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0
Default Harpoon3 screen stuff

I have the matrix Harpoon 3 ANW version which also installs 3.6.3. Hopeful for bug fixes to be done in the future, I bought it about 2 weeks before all Harpoon3 work ceased. D'oh ! Anyway I go back to it every now and then despite the bugs left. But can I run 3.6.3 at windowed mode 1280x1024. ? .... If I choose: '107' 1280 x 1024 x 256 in the ini file doesn't do anything other than stay in some thing like 1024x768? I've given up trying full screen mode that causes all the random colours in Win7 making it look so bad. Oh and was there ever a fix for the mouse flickering? thanks PH
phuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 01:50 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

phuture!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 02:48 PM   #3
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuture View Post
But can I run 3.6.3 at windowed mode 1280x1024. ? .... If I choose: '107' 1280 x 1024 x 256 in the ini file doesn't do anything other than stay in some thing like 1024x768? I've given up trying full screen mode that causes all the random colours in Win7 making it look so bad. Oh and was there ever a fix for the mouse flickering? thanks PH
I have also tried the 1280 x 1024 x 256 resolution on my WinXP desktop and gotten the same result, but I always thought that it was because my monitor was too small to accept the higher resolution (or something else). I thought it might also be my own ancient system, that does not allow for higher resolution.

I am not certain what you mean by 'random colours in Win7'. Do you have a screenshot of the effect? I know that Full Screen mode with widescreen monitors can result in some very strange / elliptical shapes, when there should be circles on my WinXP desktop.

I also run H3 v3.6 on a Win7 Pro laptop and find no problem with the window mode. I have also tried it in full window mode and did not find any problem with either elongation or mis-shapen images. I think that the game automatically selected the highest resolution (1280 x 1024 x 256) and there was no problem.

I did see some mouse flickering, but it was only when I was in window mode and moving the mouse between the Harpoon window and other desktop icons. I did not notice any flickering in Full window mode.

With regards to the mouse flickering, you might try changing the Mouse Speed via the Harpoon.ini file or with the Harpoon3.6 Launcher.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1628

If you have other problems, you can also try the 'Run in Compatibility' mode offered by the latest Windows versions.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 04:25 PM   #4
phuture
Nub

Downloads: 60

Thanks Herman The colours I refer to are all pinks and light greens and blues on the windows, menus etc. like a very bad palette choice. They change colours when I select a window. The other versions (3.9.4 and ANW) can all go up to about 1280x1024 windowed but all have to same colour issues when I change to full screen mode. .....which is why I wanted to change the res of version 3.6.3. thanks PH
phuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-17, 05:52 PM   #5
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Default Trouble with my BOLs

Hi guys, sorry to butt in but I'm getting desperate, I got Larry Bond's Harpoon Ultimate Edition recently but when I try to do a BOL missile launch with key combo CTRL-F1 in Harpoon 3 ANW (PC version 3.11.1.0) which is bundled with it, the game freezes.
Does Ctrl-F1 work for you?
Thanks
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-17, 09:45 PM   #6
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Here is a video of how the game works on my Win7 Pro:

I believe that there is a glitch or bug with Win7, but there is a work-around solution. Hope it helps.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Old 09-12-17, 09:53 PM   #7
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1

Thanks Herman, you solved it for me, it confirms yet again that you're one of the star players on the naval wargaming scene..

PS- We'd make a great wargame-producing team, you doing the programming and me doing the playtesting, we'd be millionnaires inside 6 months..

Last edited by PoorOldSpike; 09-13-17 at 02:37 PM.
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 11:12 PM   #8
Herman
Ace of the Deep

You are welcome. We help all who ask.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it