Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-23-07, 05:49 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Important news on the future of SBP updates

they are discussing two price models for using in the future, and have asked the community for their opinion. I strongly urge you to make your voices heared, if you do not want to complain to have been given what you did not want in the future.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/...ad.php?t=10974

Also, there is news on the next addon comming this winter. It will, amonngst other features, include armament and a mannable station for the Griffon chopper (demanded by the wargaming-interested Australian army), and finally a western counterpart for the russian Hind: the European Tiger helicopter (labelled as armed recce helicopter). Also this, although I assume the followng list is not complete:

Quote:
Bugs that have been fixed since 2.328:
  • Fixed artillery queue countdown display for all fire missions which are not imminent
  • A bug was fixed that gave computer-controlled units unrealistically high situational awareness in their flanks and rear.
  • A bug was fixed in internal routines evaluating the lethality of munitions against the currently engaged target.
  • Fixed a bug with helicopter icons on the map screen
  • Fixed a bug that resulted in short rounds if MGs were fired across great height differences (e.g. from helicopters).
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent the settings of event-based subscores to be properly displayed when opened up again for editing. They still saved OK, but displayed wrong.
  • Crew positions in network sessions are now limited based on the settings in the mission editor. The exception is that the external position will always be available in network sessions.
  • Fixed a bug which led to certain textures being picked from the wrong directories. Road and house textures for Winter or Desert themes will now be picked from the corresponding Winter and Desert folders and no longer exclusively from the Woodland folder. This is also relevant for eventual mod packages.
  • Fixed a bug that would reveal OpFor positions during the planning phase while activating Lines of Fire that would include OpFor units
  • Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when previewing OpFor units in 3D while testing from within the mission editor. It could also occur while cycling through units via the F10 hotkey.
  • Fixed a bug where all units were disappearing from 3D view when SB Pro switched from fullscreen to windowed mode during a session
Still no word on wether the Pizarro or the bushmaster will be included in the next update. I will let you know as soon as they have released the news. concerning the often demanded T-72, it is confirmed that they are working on it and that it is pretty much completed except 3D interior - and it is confirmed that they are not fully done and that obligations with their treaty partners prevent them from releasing it right now. It will come in the future, but not in this update for sure.

Again, participate the discussion of the new price model.

That's all for now,
cheers!

Old 10-23-07, 06:14 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

It seems I missed a completely new developement yesterday, but since I was at work all day long and came home not before 2100 hours, i may be excused.

they say they currently see themselves too short of time to deliver a well-rounded, thouroughly tested package this winter, and ask in a poll if people would prefer an early, but probbaly not bug-free release this winter, or a round package not before summer 2008. Voting currently stands 2/3 for early release, and 1/3 preferring summer. I am for the latter.

If you have business with SBP, please make your opinion known here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/...ad.php?t=10968

Well, that really is it for now, I assume (but better never say never again... )
Old 10-23-07, 10:00 AM   #3
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

I think most people can probably gather that I'd happily stump up the cash for it if they put a T-72 in there (frankly I don't care what variant it is either, just as long as they put one in it, although more than one variant would be nice)

Chock
Old 10-27-07, 06:00 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
I think most people can probably gather that I'd happily stump up the cash for it if they put a T-72 in there (frankly I don't care what variant it is either, just as long as they put one in it, although more than one variant would be nice)

Chock
Artwork is confirmed to be completed, but no functionality is being added so far. It will come sooner or later, but probably later than sooner.

I personally do not understand people's obessions with the T72, I must say. There are several items that I would rate with a higher priority. having said that I also say that the thing already is so good as it is right now, that there is no REAL NEED for any more added stuff. The simn gave my one of the best best playing values per buck invested that I have ever experienced. Only a handful of titles come to my mind being able to compete with SBP in this regard.
Old 10-27-07, 02:58 PM   #5
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

I honestly couldn't tell you what it is specifically that makes me like the T-72, I just do.

I suspect it's probably that it is enigmatic in the sense that it was the last really hugely-manufactured Soviet Bloc tank and something of an unknown quantity, in that there are so many variants of it that its capability differs widely, making it an interesting threat. Not unlike the MiG 21 in that sense; built to a price so that it could be fielded in large numbers and sold abroad in less capable variants, it could nevertheless prove deadly in competent hands.

Chock
Old 10-28-07, 08:09 AM   #6
Hook
Bosun

Downloads: 10

We've been begging for an OPFOR tank, *any* OPFOR tank, since before the first Steel Beasts was ever released. This isn't somethings new.

I think one of the reasons people want a T-72 is so we can play head to head versus the M1. I want to see how they operate. I want to see how it's different.

And I also want to see if I can duplicate my Iraqi victory in 73 Easting from M1 Tank Platoon 2. It's going to take a human in the gunner's seat to do that.

Hook
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote