SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-07, 12:09 PM   #571
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Downloaded the uTorrent one and found 1 peer at an agonizingly slow speed of 3kbps. Says 5 days + and some hours to download. My connerction is 100mbps +

Found a regular download out of France at 59kbps ( not a torrent download ), but if it drops I am SOL and will have to restart the download. Hope it last long enough to get it all.
SgtWalt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 12:11 PM   #572
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtWalt65
BitTorrent,

Unable to find any tracker sites that work. Most say its the GWX for SHIII but it ends up some other crap file. Can usually tell by the file size and reading the details.
Give uTorrent a try - http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

I've just tried BitTorrent and can't get it to work either. uTorrent is really 'tiny' and has little or no system impact.

Grab the torrent link by clicking here. http://home.arcor.de/gizzmoe/files/GWX.torrent

Edit - You beat me to it.

If you're speed is 100mbps, have you tried the single file d/l.
Here - http://www.jeuxdeguerre.com/index.ph...le_id=977&t=44
Old 01-23-07, 12:18 PM   #573
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

I have tried the single file download. Its at 0.5 to 3.2kbps. Not good.
Getting the single file out of France at 59kbps and here I am in Texas...lol. But like I said, if it drops, I am SOL.
Never seen such a slow download with my connection ever. I can download 2 to 4 gig in an hour usually. I have checked other downloads from other areas like Fileplanet and all downloading normally at 750 a second. So something is not right somewhere. To many downloading it I bet. Let me in dangit...lol
Old 01-23-07, 12:18 PM   #574
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Concerning the upcoming Jan update, I really believe using an installer is the way to go as well. For one thing, it will eliminate any discrepancies or oversights of players who may or may not be using a patch. This way, you'll either be playing with version A (patched or unpatched) or Version B without any of the previous patches.

That way we all start out on the same page again, so to speak.
Old 01-23-07, 02:27 PM   #575
Roads88
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Since it is getting near the 31st and no one else has brought this up, will the new patch cover the Dec. upgrades? Therefore it should be removed before running the self install?

I,m also a big fan of the auto install exe file. It DOES keep the confusion factor down.
Old 01-23-07, 02:54 PM   #576
geralt
Loader

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Concerning the upcoming Jan update, I really believe using an installer is the way to go as well. For one thing, it will eliminate any discrepancies or oversights of players who may or may not be using a patch. This way, you'll either be playing with version A (patched or unpatched) or Version B without any of the previous patches.

That way we all start out on the same page again, so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads88
Since it is getting near the 31st and no one else has brought this up, will the new patch cover the Dec. upgrades? Therefore it should be removed before running the self install?

I,m also a big fan of the auto install exe file. It DOES keep the confusion factor down.
well I don't want to limit anybody's needs...
Vikinger and me we only asked if it would be possible to have BOTH versions of the upcoming update... installer AND jsgme-ready so everybody could choose his way...
well nevermind
geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 04:04 PM   #577
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Default Oh My

Well after waiting forever to get GWX downloaded. Making sure I had version 1.4b installed and unmodified. It want install on my game. Says I have a invalid install. Its a digital download. Let me guess, it want install on the digital download. Just like the DVD patch. The DVD patch gives me the same error the GWX mod gives me, so it looks like its not gonna work with the digital download version either, you have to use the digital download version 1.4b patch. Why in gods name did they make a different version for digital download in the first place?! ARGH!!
This is another reason why we need a non-exe install option. With an automated install it will kick it back for anyone I bet who has the digital version.

One of the errors you get when trying to install the DVD patch is MissionEngine.dll error. Also the SHIII.dll. If you delete them to install it says it cannot find them. So it want work like the other patches to delete these.
Old 01-23-07, 04:13 PM   #578
danlisa
Navy Seal

GWX has and is installed on many digital copies of SH3. I can only presume that there is a problem with your install.

The auto installer was introduced to reduce the amount of install problems with things like remnant mod crossovers. On the whole there has been a remarkable reduction in currupted installs and game problems compared to GW1.1a etc.
Old 01-23-07, 04:14 PM   #579
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

IMO I'm not totally suprised your having problems with BitTorrent it is my understanding that it is the most commonly banned programme on P2P.
I'm currently using uTorrent lite v1.6 and as you will see in the picture below I have u/l in excess of 51GB with a resultant ratio of more than x66.
Might I suggest you give uTorrent a try and hopefully you might have a little more luck

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 04:20 PM   #580
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
GWX has and is installed on many digital copies of SH3. I can only presume that there is a problem with your install.

The auto installer was introduced to reduce the amount of install problems with things like remnant mod crossovers. On the whole there has been a remarkable reduction in currupted installs and game problems compared to GW1.1a etc.

Guess I'm SOL now. Completely uninstalled and cleaned out the reg files and everything. Reinstalled and still want install GWX. Had same problem with last version of GW 1.1, Installed it in a empty folder and moved everything to its rightful place and had no problems.
Old 01-23-07, 04:22 PM   #581
danlisa
Navy Seal

@ SgtWalt65

Ok, you have the US digital version of SH3, yes?

You need the US Digital Patch found here - http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/updates.php

EDIT - I guess you know the routine by now, good luck and come back if you have further problems.
Old 01-23-07, 04:29 PM   #582
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Quote:
@ SgtWalt65

Ok, you have the US digital version of SH3, yes?

You need the US Digital Patch found here - http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/updates.php

EDIT - I guess you know the routine by now, good luck and come back if you have further problems.
Hi Danlisa,
I already install the digital download 1.4b patch with no problems. GWX still says I have an invalid install. Next? Keep in mind, I already uninstalled SH3 and cleaned the reg files to make sure no lingering reg still exist. Reinstalled clean and patched to 1.4b. Still no GWX. Had the same isuue with GW 1.1, and had to run the 1.1 to an empty folder and drag and drop all the files. Worked like a charm, I don't have that option with this update though. No way to unpack it to an empty folder.
Old 01-23-07, 04:39 PM   #583
danlisa
Navy Seal

Only two things come to mind which might cause this:

1)Failure to rollback SH3Cmdr before unistalling SH3 (if you use it)
2)SH3 folder in My Documents is still present.

If neither of these solve your problem then I'm actually out of suggestions.

Maybe wait for Jscones or Kpt.Lehmann to see your problem.

EDIT - Have you checked the MD5 hash? However, I'm not sure if this is relevent with a single zip download, again I would wait for JS or KL to check in to answer this point.
Old 01-23-07, 04:45 PM   #584
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Quote:
Only two things come to mind which might cause this:

1)Failure to rollback SH3Cmdr before unistalling SH3 (if you use it)
2)SH3 folder in My Documents is still present.

If neither of these solve your problem then I'm actually out of suggestions.

Maybe wait for Jscones or Kpt.Lehmann to see your problem.

EDIT - Have you checked the MD5 hash? However, I'm not sure if this is relevent with a single zip download, again I would wait for JS or KL to check in to answer this point.
Dont use SH3Cmdr, its not even on my system.
Deleted SH3 Folder after uninstall.
Guess I am going to have to wait, but thanks anyway.
Old 01-23-07, 04:46 PM   #585
Matyas
Seaman

Downloads: 9
Default Moon phase bug?

Hello everybody!

I am just halfway back from my my first patrol and I noticed that the moon seems not to change its phase. I surfaced just after the Sun set and saw the Moon rising on the eastern horizont...But it was a HALF moon (should be a full moon), the same phase as a week ago !!!

Anyone else does have this bug? Is it a known stock SH3 bug perhaps?

Sink'em all, Kaleuns!

Matyas

P.S. : I don't know if it is possible to solve in SH3, but it would be so nice if there were shooting stars in the night.
Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote