SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-24, 09:37 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Icon7 They found that Yuja Wang has a heart!

Crazy. A heartrate like a high performance athelete excercising.
The ammount of energy burnt by her brain in a concert, or in this marathon, must also be beyond description.

However, orchestra musicians can have even higher heartrates, if they happen to be of a nature that finds it heart to deal with stress and "Lampenfieber" (=stage fright?). Values of 180 and more have been reported.

Kathia Buniatishvili and Yuja Wang are my favourite classical pianists. That I also find both very sympathetic (Wang is Aquarius like me LOL ) is a coinicidnce and not what I mean. Their skills are breathtaking.

I say put Yuja Wang into a reactor core, and our energy problems all would be solved for the coming 20 years!
Old 04-20-24, 11:46 AM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Icon12

Using human beings as an energy source?

Where have I seen that before?

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-24, 03:32 PM   #3
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Thankfully there is that thing called the Law of Thermal Dynamics which makes the idea of a human energizer bunny pure Hollywood fantasy.

Btw never heard of Yuma Yuja Wang before just watched her play Rachmaninov Concerto No. 2. Damn she can certainly tickle those ivories, really nice.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-23-24 at 08:54 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-24, 04:10 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

Btw never heard of Yuma Wang before just watched her play Rachmaninov Concerto No. 2. Damn she can certainly tickle those ivories, really nice.
Yuja. She is not just another piano chick playing in short sexy dresses at youtube, like many others do to stand out. FYI, she is leading the pack on stage, and is seen as one of the world's lead pianists of the present, if not the pianist. She was not even 30 when they started to talk of her having defined a new era in classical piano play. At 30 she already had surpassed the reputation of other masters that acchieved comparing status just at the end of their careers. She is the example that a new generation of piano students orientate themselves at.

She is very extroverted, but in long interviews and docus I found her to be very sympathetic nevertheless, despite her overly sexy self-presentation. But I wonder what is going on in her brain when they unleash her and let her into the arena onto the stage. There is probably a micro singularity in her amygdala providing her with the energy she spends during play.

There is a film on her where even a special camera they used could not keep track of her fingers anymore, and just showed a foggy cloud of motion - or pure quantum events...
Old 04-23-24, 08:20 PM   #5
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

Both Yuja and Khatia are very talented, I wonder why they sell sex (unless they're really desperate for attention). It's one thing to occasionally do something like that for shock value (e.g. Friedrich Gulda) but still, to present yourself as a sex object like so many women in the classical world regularly do as if they were playing pop music looks a bit cringe. It's only a couple of steps away from NSFW stuff like Beyonce.

It's difficult to imagine a great pianist like Yunchan Lim dressed in skimpy clothes while playing this Liszt etude (as a side note, if you want to know how difficult this is, ask a jazz pianist to play it ).

sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote