SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-07, 02:17 PM   #1
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default 3 New Missions: Snacko's Harbor Attacks

I have just finished creating and testing 3 new missions.

>> Download Here <<

Here are the images from the briefing screens:

Dutch Harbor Revenge:

Kingman Reef Base:

San Francisco Defense:

Snacko

Last edited by Snacko; 04-30-11 at 04:45 PM.
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-07, 03:30 PM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-07, 09:26 PM   #3
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36

Good to see some variety in game missions. Thanks.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
TopcatWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 11:52 PM   #4
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Played 2 already and their great. Am going for the third in about a few seconds 3 2 1

Thx and bye

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 03:18 PM   #5
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

very nice missions snacko thanks a lot, i love them but they had a bunch of validation errors. they didn't seem to have any problems running though.

i had to do a lot of work moving waypoints and repositioning ships just enough to get rid of all the errors. they all validate fine now with no more errors but i had to end up deleting a few small docked ships that were just there to provide eye candy anyway. i just couldn't find enough room to fit them all without being too close together and that resulted in the mission still having validation errors.

i'm not sure if you intended to leave the mission full of errors but it can sometimes be unstable and cause ctd if there are mission errors.

thank you for all your hard work
Old 07-24-07, 03:39 PM   #6
birdy
Helmsman

Downloads: 19

nice job
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 11:52 AM   #7
birdy
Helmsman

i got something weird, when i start 1 of the three missions my pc crashes to desktop. but when i load another mission it runs fine.
its only with these three missions.
does some1 know what to do?
Old 07-27-07, 12:27 PM   #8
Snacko
Engineer

Sorry, I'm leaving on vacation for a few weeks, and can't look at this.

I never had this cdt probem and have not had any other reports of it. I have not played them with the 1.3 patch either.... They were developed using 1.2.

Webster posted that the mission editor gave him validation errors. That confused me because afaik you can't even save the mission with validation errors other than errors with the players sub. But he had errors with other things I think, so I don't now. I don't remember having those errors, or them even causing anybody any problems....

Well, I'm off for vacation....
Snacko
Old 07-28-07, 04:33 AM   #9
birdy
Helmsman

yep i am using 1.3.
but have a nice holiday!
Old 07-29-07, 05:00 AM   #10
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes you can save with errors as long as you have the basic elements to complete the mission already validated. anything you add after that can have errors and still be saved, to be stable always finish up any changes to a mission by checking for any validation errors to avoid ctd.

the missions still ran ok for me but i went through them and cleaned up all the errors, it wasnt hard and only took about ten minutes per mission. i did however have to leave out a few small ships, gunboats, tugboats n such because of overcrowding in small areas, but i could have found another place for them if i wanted to, deleting them was easier and you never notice there missing.

EDIT: 90 percent of all the errors were ships too close together or waypoints that were missing or too close to next waypoint. i did come accross a few ships that needed to be told to "head to waypoint" but just one here and there that you would never notice.

Last edited by Webster; 07-29-07 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-05-07, 02:04 PM   #11
Snacko
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
yes you can save with errors as long as you have the basic elements to complete the mission already validated. anything you add after that can have errors and still be saved, to be stable always finish up any changes to a mission by checking for any validation errors to avoid ctd.

the missions still ran ok for me but i went through them and cleaned up all the errors, it wasnt hard and only took about ten minutes per mission. i did however have to leave out a few small ships, gunboats, tugboats n such because of overcrowding in small areas, but i could have found another place for them if i wanted to, deleting them was easier and you never notice there missing.

EDIT: 90 percent of all the errors were ships too close together or waypoints that were missing or too close to next waypoint. i did come accross a few ships that needed to be told to "head to waypoint" but just one here and there that you would never notice.
@Webster,
Ok, I didn't know it would save with any errors except for sub errors. There is an option to 'ignore player errors', I may have used that a couple times.

I didn't know about the waypoint distance minimum until I made later missions. I think they need to be at least 1000 meters or more. That's pretty easy to fix. And the ships too close to each other should also be easy to fix. But if they are docked ships, that should not cause an error should it? Or is it just the harbor ships I have floating, and maybe not have the docked checkbox checked?

@birdy,
Were you able to fix the missions in the Editor, and fix your CTD? If you just fixed the errors and still get CTD, then maybe 1.2 missions are not fully compatable with 1.3. The SH Mission Editor itself does have bugs in it. You have to be careful and just know not to do some things. I just dragged the objects in one mission to a new island and SH4 then always made part of the island invisible. I had to start all over!

@Anybody....
Has anybody else at all had CTD with my missions in 1.3???
Old 08-05-07, 07:00 PM   #12
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote from Snacko:

Ok, I didn't know it would save with any errors except for sub errors. There is an option to 'ignore player errors', I may have used that a couple times.

I didn't know about the waypoint distance minimum until I made later missions. I think they need to be at least 1000 meters or more. That's pretty easy to fix. And the ships too close to each other should also be easy to fix. But if they are docked ships, that should not cause an error should it? Or is it just the harbor ships I have floating, and maybe not have the docked checkbox checked? [/quote]

yes docked ships need the same distance as regular ships, the san fran mission sub pens were a good example of this. i think i only kept one sub was all that fit. i think they need to be a shiplength and a half apart or something like that.

Last edited by Webster; 08-09-07 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-06-07, 01:46 PM   #13
Subject
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko
@Anybody....
Has anybody else at all had CTD with my missions in 1.3???
"Only" when my mods are enabled. Using TM 1.4 with additional mods and tweaks...

Other single missions that runs with Mods enabled:

Davao Gulf Reckon
Formosa Straits
Fremantle Run
Solomons Rush
SM01 through SM11 (org. SHIV missions) all runs

:hmm: strange...

Btw. your San Francisco mission is frustrating! Have to back my sub out and turn it around... *very* annoying!

Old 08-09-07, 05:01 PM   #14
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject

Btw. your San Francisco mission is frustrating! Have to back my sub out and turn it around... *very* annoying!

move the waypoint for your sub to the oposite side and set it to head to waypoint, this will have you pointed facing out. when doing this be sure to set the mission editor to max zoom to get a better view to avoid sub being set crooked, you dont want to be hitting pen walls on way out.
Old 08-09-07, 06:24 PM   #15
Snacko
Engineer

I actually didn't mind having to back out. It seemed easy to me...

Sub commanders had to either back out, or back in. Take your pick. I don't know which is realistic. Maybe you back in so you are ready to get out quick if you are attacked? But then, I would stay in the reinforced sub pen during an attack...