SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-07, 09:43 AM   #1
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
Default [FAQ] Mission won't show up in quick mission screen

hi i m trying to set up a single mission with the mission editor and cant get
the mission editor to show up in the quick missions folder i named the folder
sm 12 japanese carrier put the two files in there and copied and pasted the midway photo into there as well and nothing is showing up how do i get the mission to show up in the quick mission section thanks

lt cmdr lare
Lt commander lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 09:57 AM   #2
Donner
Officer

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0

You need to make sure that the .mis and .tsr files are the same name as your folder. "SM12 japanese carrier.mis" & "SM12 japanese carrier.tsr"

If you haven't already, you probably should rename the Midway map to SM12 japanese carrier.tga and use the '#sm12 japanese carrier.tga#0,0,400,256' tag in the mission briefing of "Language Localization" dropdown box within the editor.
Old 04-10-07, 11:22 AM   #3
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

i have done all that and when i dropped the localization bar down it says mission briefing and mission title and if you click on either one nothing shows up except mission briefing and mission title nothing with map stuff or anything why is this so hard to create a mission what do i do now to fix this

lt cmdr lare
Old 04-10-07, 11:33 AM   #4
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

also when you click on validate mission it says mission title what does that mean as well am i doing something wrong there too please help anyone

lt cmdr lare
Old 04-10-07, 11:52 AM   #5
Donner
Officer

Downloads: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare
i have done all that and when i dropped the localization bar down it says mission briefing and mission title and if you click on either one nothing shows up except mission briefing and mission title nothing with map stuff or anything why is this so hard to create a mission what do i do now to fix this

lt cmdr lare
When in Language Localization, you select mission title/mission briefing in the upper box. In the lower box, it will say 'mission title' or 'mission briefing' in the lower box of that screen.

Just type your mission title in the lower box. Repeat this for mission briefing. Then save. To add the .tga, you must use the tag example in the mission briefing from my previous post in this thread. If you don't, then there will be no photo.
Old 04-10-07, 12:15 PM   #6
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Also when you click on validate mission it says mission title what does that mean as well am i doing something wrong there too please help anyone
If it works the same way Silent Hunter III's editor did, it means nothing. It just informs you what you've called your mission. Obsolete, really, to be brutally honest, but there you have it.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 07:03 PM   #7
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

ok thanks for all your help with this i now can create custom missions with the mission editor the only thing i need help with now is when i select balao class or tench when i save the game and go the quick mission screen the latest class says
gato balao and tench are not available how do i fix this other than that it works great

lt cmdr lare
Old 08-12-07, 05:28 PM   #8
Joe S
XO

Downloads: 28

I am having the same problem, my two files are named the same, and I have a designated folder for the new mission, but it still does not show up. How can I trouble shoot this?Thanks! Joe S
Joe S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 12:45 PM   #9
RedHammer
Loader

Downloads: 38

I have same question but in the Multiplayer category.

I am attempting to create a German Coop Mission (Ironically my mission is called German Coop Mission 1.)

I figured out how to add german sub as human controlled.
But when I do all abovely said. Mission doesnt come up either as coop NOR as quick mission, in fact it doesnt show any lust to come in the game.

I did a validate check and everything is 100 percent presto perfecto.

thx

RH
RedHammer is offline   Reply With Quote