SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-17, 03:55 PM   #1
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0
Default Quick question

As of now I have FOTRS as my main mod , But seeing some eye candy I wanted to try TMO .. Do I have to reinstall the game as clean in order to install TMO MOD ?
Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 04:36 PM   #2
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

If FOTRS was installed via JSGME just disable it and activate TMO, if you have copied files of FOTRS into data folder, yes, you need reinstal
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 04:36 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_AJ View Post
As of now I have FOTRS as my main mod , But seeing some eye candy I wanted to try TMO .. Do I have to reinstall the game as clean in order to install TMO MOD ?
Ditto...

You ~should~, but you could also do a parallel install to another folder, leave FotRS alone, and use MultiSH4 to change the Save folders so that the two installs wouldn't get mixed-up. Shameless plug: You could also do a third install and do a parallel Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate...

If keeping just the one install though, just de-activate FotRS, move or re-name the SH4 folder in your My Documents folder (do NOT try to re-use anything from another mod's Save), and then activate TMO2.5. You will have to re-set all of your screen resolution and other game settings. Just remember that TMO does have issues when you go to de-activate it later, in that it does not restore the German flags. Also, you may find that FotRS has better eye candy than TMO. TMO is more stable though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-05-17 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Ditto - I'm too slow... |;^)
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 01:28 PM   #4
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Default RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ditto...

You ~should~, but you could also do a parallel install to another folder, leave FotRS alone, and use MultiSH4 to change the Save folders so that the two installs wouldn't get mixed-up. Shameless plug: You could also do a third install and do a parallel Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate...

If keeping just the one install though, just de-activate FotRS, move or re-name the SH4 folder in your My Documents folder (do NOT try to re-use anything from another mod's Save), and then activate TMO2.5. You will have to re-set all of your screen resolution and other game settings. Just remember that TMO does have issues when you go to de-activate it later, in that it does not restore the German flags. Also, you may find that FotRS has better eye candy than TMO. TMO is more stable though...
Thanks guys for replies
Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 01:39 PM   #5
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

And remember, TMO has a flaw, which keeps you from restoring your stock game when you uninstall TMO with JSGME. After uninstalling TMO with JSGME, you would be best reinstalling the stock game in order to have authentic mods from then on.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote