SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-23, 07:11 PM   #1
SkipperWileyG
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default How to edit SH4 Officer/CPO billets?

I have been spending hours reading threads trying to find how to adjust/edit the number of officers/CPO's when after returning from a patrol.

A career starts out with 6 officers and 5 CPO's for a total of 11 "khaki's", but when returning from a patrol, it seems to maintain a limit of 5 or 6 and wont permit any substitution until that threshold is met.

I realize this is a "built-in" limit scripted into the game, yet I would like to edit/adjust this to a default setting of a maximum of 9 while in port after a patrol (preferably 3 officers and 6 CPO's) as an operational standard.

I have attempted to edit the Data/Submarine/NSS_Subtype.UPC file, with no success when attempting to obtain a total maximum of 3 officers/6 CPO's.

Any and all tips on what the .UPC file is that can be edited and how to edit/adjust/mod what the maximum number of officers/CPO's are allowed to while in port after a patrol is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
SkipperWileyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 08:06 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipperWileyG View Post
I have been spending hours reading threads trying to find how to adjust/edit the number of officers/CPO's when after returning from a patrol.

A career starts out with 6 officers and 5 CPO's for a total of 11 "khaki's", but when returning from a patrol, it seems to maintain a limit of 5 or 6 and wont permit any substitution until that threshold is met.

I realize this is a "built-in" limit scripted into the game, yet I would like to edit/adjust this to a default setting of a maximum of 9 while in port after a patrol (preferably 3 officers and 6 CPO's) as an operational standard.

I have attempted to edit the Data/Submarine/NSS_Subtype.UPC file, with no success when attempting to obtain a total maximum of 3 officers/6 CPO's.

Any and all tips on what the .UPC file is that can be edited and how to edit/adjust/mod what the maximum number of officers/CPO's are allowed to while in port after a patrol is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
you were in the proper file (Data/Submarine/NSS_Subtype.UPC) if you were trying to care for the issue BEFORE you begin your career.

after you begin your career, you want to change the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC in the Savefile folders. change just the latest version while you are in port between missions...and you only need to change it once per boat per career.
if you upgrade your boat, the new boat will have its own limits.

in reality, until late in the war, the number of officers usually matched the number of chiefs. later in war, they began adding additional officers to the crew. this made accommodations in officer country a bit cramped. if you have visited one of the WWII submarine museums, you would immediately understand why.

hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 09:44 PM   #3
SkipperWileyG
Nub

Downloads: 5

Thanks for the response.

Quote:
the proper file (Data/Submarine/NSS_Subtype.UPC) if you were trying to care for the issue BEFORE you begin your career.

after you begin your career, you want to change the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC in the Savefile folders. change just the latest version while you are in port between missions.
I don't seem to be able to locate a "Savefile" folder in the Data folder. Also unable to locate ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC in the Data folder.

I'll test on both a current career and when a new one is started when I can put more of this togeather.

Thanks again for the insight.
SkipperWileyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 11:30 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

SkipperWileyG!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 12:15 AM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipperWileyG View Post
Thanks for the response.

I don't seem to be able to locate a "Savefile" folder in the Data folder. Also unable to locate ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC in the Data folder.

I'll test on both a current career and when a new one is started when I can put more of this togeather.

Thanks again for the insight.
browse to C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\FOT\data\cfg\S aveGames
you will see a list of Numeric folder names.
sort by DateModified.
drill down into the latest one, assuming you are in port and have saved your game while in port and you will see the ActiveUser file there.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote