SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-10, 12:07 PM   #121
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I added support for emtguf's periscope mod. By setting that value to True, like you did, the code knows to take some action to remove some items from certain views. You still have to add his \Library folder to the mod and his .dds files. Once you add those two things his periscope reworks will show. I included his full mod in the '\mods from others' folder of the UIs mod. By adding support like I did, emtguf doesn't have to keep releasing new .ini files for my UI mods when he makes a new revision to his.

Truth be told I'm not quite sure what all those options currently do for the mini-map. I found them disabled in the code and made them 'optionable'. Those are still a WIP. Feedback on what you all find from them will be great.

The MapCoordinates one I've been tracking down and it appears it's referencing a .dds file that a) either doesn't exist or b) is 'blank'. Like I said I'm still looking into that one.

Currently there are 3 UI types to choose from:

SH3Style
SH4Style
SH5Enhanced

By setting the 'UIStyle=' to one of the above you change which UI you are using. It's that simple.

I'm working on making the TDC options the same way. When I'm complete with those it will be a simple matter of setting 'TDCMode=' to one of the values and then you have that TDC mode. You won't have to manually copy files over anymore.
Brilliant and thanks for clarifying. I really like the SH5 enhanced version. I kinda want to move on from the old games and this gives me something more intuitiv GUI than the stock one since it was indeed missing some important feature. Absolutely stunning work mate.
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 12:30 PM   #122
cothyso
Sailor man

Downloads: 169

dark, please add a Request Supply command on the radio man. even if it's broken, UBI may (supposedly) fix it in the next patch(es).

Also, there are some other problems in v 1.1.0:
- after one of the officer's group of commands is selected and appears on screen, hoovering the mouse over any other officers will make the previous selected commands group appear, instead that specific officer's group of commands.
- auto-hide behaviour of group of commands and its accessed commands should be the same (atm, the group of commands auto-hides, but the accessed commands from the remain on the screen)
cothyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 12:49 PM   #123
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cothyso View Post
dark, please add a Request Supply command on the radio man. even if it's broken, UBI may (supposedly) fix it in the next patch(es).

Also, there are some other problems in v 1.1.0:
- after one of the officer's group of commands is selected and appears on screen, hoovering the mouse over any other officers will make the previous selected commands group appear, instead that specific officer's group of commands.
- auto-hide behaviour of group of commands and its accessed commands should be the same (atm, the group of commands auto-hides, but the accessed commands from the remain on the screen)

screenshot please? I think I understand what you're asking.
The first one, yes, you have to click on an officer to get him to show his available order categories. If you click on NA and then hover your mouse over the RA you will still see the orders associated with the NA until you click on the RA. The problem of why it has to act this way is complex and I'm working on implementing another solution but it's going to take time to do.
Now the second one: When you mouse over an officer, the background jumps up so you can see the currently selected officer's order categories. But you want the orders associated with that order category to also scroll when you mouse into the officers? Hmm...not quite sure I like that idea. The point of making the option available to have them disappear with a key press or not was to make them available at all times if you need them (say you're doing evasive maneuvers through the CE). If I made them scroll then the minute you moused out of the officers they would scroll down out of sight and you would not be unable to access them.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 01:09 PM   #124
cothyso
Sailor man

no, you got wrong the second one. actually, what i meant is that at this time:
- after pressing an officer icon, its group orders appears
- when pressing an icon of a group order, the orders list appears above, but the group orders disappear from underneath
- when pressing an order icon, the orders list still remains on the screen

is a bit non-concordant behaviour. i'd either:
a) press officer -> pops up the order groups list; press group order -> pops ups the commands list + keep the group order list underneath visible; press command -> group orders list and commands list auto-hides

b) press officer -> pops up the order groups list; press group order -> pops ups the commands list + autohides the group order list underneath; press command -> commands list auto-hides
Old 03-26-10, 01:20 PM   #125
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
no, you got wrong the second one. actually, what i meant is that at this time:
- after pressing an officer icon, its group orders appears
- when pressing an icon of a group order, the orders list appears above, but the group orders disappear from underneath
- when pressing an order icon, the orders list still remains on the screen

is a bit non-concordant behaviour. i'd either:
a) press officer -> pops up the order groups list; press group order -> pops ups the commands list + keep the group order list underneath visible; press command -> group orders list and commands list auto-hides

b) press officer -> pops up the order groups list; press group order -> pops ups the commands list + autohides the group order list underneath; press command -> commands list auto-hides
how do you have your options setup? There are options that deal with the orders bar and whether they disappear on mouse click or key press or not. I can make the order categories stay visible at all times but figured users would want a 'clean' look to the UI and thus I made them scroll down when not in use.
Old 03-26-10, 01:37 PM   #126
cothyso
Sailor man

yes, i know, i was proposing to link them (in the options setup) and have them both (order category and orders lists) stay forever, or both disappear (at the same time) after a command was selected (from the order lists).

but nevermind, this is just aesthetics. we should be more concerned about functionality at this point.
Old 03-26-10, 01:42 PM   #127
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
yes, i know, i was proposing to link them (in the options setup) and have them both (order category and orders lists) stay forever, or both disappear (at the same time) after a command was selected (from the order lists).

but nevermind, this is just aesthetics. we should be more concerned about functionality at this point.
that's actually a very good recommendation. I could give the end user the option for them also
Old 03-26-10, 01:54 PM   #128
mpalao
Nub

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
The NewUISH5 completely replaces the OldStyleSHControls, you should use one or the other, not both. Unload both, load NewUI and it should work.
Thanks Kylania...let me try....I am going to unload both as you say. With the JSGME I can delete both , is true ?
I will say you the results....
Thanks again.
mpalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 01:58 PM   #129
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Darkw, how is it going with this problem?
- TDC dials - the AOB and bearing dials are incorrect in their appearance and function. The AOB should have a vernier and the bearing should not. These will be addressed in the next release. The dial graphics will also be changed to reflect the actual dials.

Old 03-26-10, 04:06 PM   #130
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal788 View Post
Hi Darkw, how is it going with this problem?
- TDC dials - the AOB and bearing dials are incorrect in their appearance and function. The AOB should have a vernier and the bearing should not. These will be addressed in the next release. The dial graphics will also be changed to reflect the actual dials.

will be fixed in the next release. Next release should be in a couple of days. I'll be without computer for a while (hopefully less than a day) as it's maintenance/upgrade time for home system. Time to take it apart and clean and blow out everything to remove dust. Also doing processor upgrade (AMD X4 965BE), adding another 150gb Raptor to the RAID0 array, and reinstall of Win7 Ultimate. If everything goes well should be back hopefully late Saturday.
Old 03-26-10, 09:53 PM   #131
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Great job man. Loving the new UIs
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 02:10 AM   #132
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Update: After looking at this more closely, it appears that the tool tip is whatever station you had highlighted.

So, from 3D view, mouse over a station then open the Nav Map and the tooltip will be for whatever you had highlighted when you opened the map. I'm not sure this is a NewUI bug actually.

Using SH5E if you mouse over the gray border around the Navigation Map you get a tooltip for the hydrophone station. This seems cosmetic only, since clicking apparently does nothing.

Last edited by kylania; 03-27-10 at 02:15 PM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 04:46 AM   #133
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
will be fixed in the next release. Next release should be in a couple of days. I'll be without computer for a while (hopefully less than a day) as it's maintenance/upgrade time for home system. Time to take it apart and clean and blow out everything to remove dust. Also doing processor upgrade (AMD X4 965BE), adding another 150gb Raptor to the RAID0 array, and reinstall of Win7 Ultimate. If everything goes well should be back hopefully late Saturday.
Take it easy good luck with your new computer.
Old 03-27-10, 11:23 AM   #134
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Currently there are 3 UI types to choose from:

SH3Style
SH4Style
SH5Enhanced

By setting the 'UIStyle=' to one of the above you change which UI you are using. It's that simple.

TheDarkWraith, first let me say "Thanks!" for these UI mods. I love 'em! And I'm happy to see that you added skwasjer's clock to this mod. It's a great little addition.

After spending a lot of time trying to figure things out, I was just going to post on this, when I noticed your post above. I upgraded from the OldStyleSHControls to the Multi UI mod and spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I couldn't get the dials. I followed all the directions, then, figuring I did something wrong, deleted, copied, re-copied, etc., but to no avail. I was going nuts until I saw the following line in the documentation:

"All user configurable settings can be found in the file '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts \Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py'"

You see, when I first saw that, I thought "Great. If I ever want to do a few tweaks, I'll go check that out in the future.", but I wasn't aware that I had to do it during install to get my dials working (unless I missed something).

So, I went in there, had a look, and figured out the changes you noted above. I'm normally not a guy who needs hand holding, but sometimes it'd be nice (awwww ). Would you mind adjusting that line in your documentation (and on the first page of this thread) to read something like:

"All user configurable settings can be found in the file '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts \Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py'.

As noted above, there are currently 3 UI types to choose from:

SH3Style
SH4Style
SH5Enhanced

By setting the 'UIStyle=' in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py to one of the above, you change which UI you are using. It's that simple."

It would make your installation directions clearer (and really simple) and save us from having to figure things out. I hope I'm not stepping on your toes here. It's just that there's nothing better than clear instructions (well, actually, a lot of things are .. hehehe )

Thanks again!
Old 03-27-10, 11:26 AM   #135
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83

A lot of confusion could be eased if the phrase was changed to "Left click on the hydrophone station to use it." Same for many of the rest of the toot tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Using SH5E if you mouse over the gray border around the Navigation Map you get a tooltip for the hydrophone station. This seems cosmetic only, since clicking apparently does nothing.

loreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui