SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-10, 09:45 PM   #91
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Back in port and will be loading this up shortly I am considering it as part of my refit.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 10:01 PM   #92
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default New UI

The first time I fired up SH5 I decided to return it withing a few minutes. The store manage (long time friend) concinced me to wait several months and assured me I can return the game any time during the next 6 months.

This Orders Bar MOD has changed my mind on returning SH5 for now.

I am still working on my Key Binding and updating the F1-Help images to my preferance that I will upload once I finish. Started work on 03/23/2010 as time permits.

Here is a list of things I noticed that may need to be addressed beside other known issues:
  1. Crew Text Box - The Toggle button enlarges the box but the bottom of the box goes down out of screen border losing the ability to toggle it to small view again. Can this Text Box be modified so the User is able to move it by click/drag? This issue may be beyond the scope of this mod.
  2. I encountered an issue where the Crew Text Messages stopped appearing in the Crew Text Message Box and the corresponding Crew Voices stopped working. I suspect "MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1.1 Stock Faces" may be causing some kind of object state conflict. JSGME did not report any file conflicts when enabling MOD but issue has not resurfaced after disabling this mod. Check it out and add to known issue's as MOD conflict if it happens to you as well.
  3. There is no Orders Bar command to Secure Deck/Flak guns in the Weapons Officer command tree.
  4. Clicking on the Dieter Epp deck watch dummy I found that the Deck/Flak guns state gets out of sync. So the interactive dummy does not know guns are already manned when using Order Bar to man guns.
  5. Isn't the Depth Under Keel command a Sonar function? Shouldn't it reside in the Sonar Guy orders bar tree (Always available)? Or both Nav and Sonar.
-TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 10:09 PM   #93
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147

Screenshots help me in figuring out a) what you're trying to convey and b) what I am looking for. I can read posts all day long but as they say a picture is worth a thousand words
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:49 PM   #94
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

One thing to consider is a new SH5 problem, "silent mod conflicts". For example the "c" key. Here it's used to toggle a dial, in Church's SH5 Keys it's used to crash dive.

Since the "c" key is mapped to a function via scripting, JSGME doesn't detect it as a conflict since the cfg\commands.cfg isn't changed. Therefore the average user won't think the mods conflict, when they in fact do.

Should maybe key bind type things be put in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file as well? Are you able to declare a constant in that file and use that to map to the key in the scripts? That way we still have the single source of user customization and don't have to change code files.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:51 PM   #95
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
One thing to consider is a new SH5 problem, "silent mod conflicts". For example the "c" key. Here it's used to toggle a dial, in Church's SH5 Keys it's used to crash dive.

Since the "c" key is mapped to a function via scripting, JSGME doesn't detect it as a conflict since the cfg\commands.cfg isn't changed. Therefore the average user won't think the mods conflict, when they in fact do.

Should maybe key bind type things be put in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file as well? Are you able to declare a constant in that file and use that to map to the key in the scripts? That way we still have the single source of user customization and don't have to change code files.
if people would read the directions I provided you would see that everything is customizable - even the hotkeys used Yes, they are located in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file. ANYTHING that can be customized or changed resides in that file.
Old 03-25-10, 11:53 PM   #96
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946

Okay back out at sea, so far so good with this. I am using the SH5 Enhanced
with no TDC

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:57 PM   #97
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet View Post
Okay back out at sea, so far so good with this. I am using the SH5 Enhanced
with no TDC
and hopefully the newest version (1.1.0)? It addresses a bug of officer's order bars and orders not being updated (you have to continually click on them in v1.0.0 to see if anything changed). In 1.1.0 they are updated by a timer at 0.25 second intervals.
Old 03-25-10, 11:57 PM   #98
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
if people would read the directions I provided you would see that everything is customizable - even the hotkeys used Yes, they are located in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file. ANYTHING that can be customized or changed resides in that file.
Bah! Silly python code coloring! I'd looked through the file and didn't see it, because ConTEXT colors integers red so I was looking for that. See:

Totally easy to miss! But still a concern other modders might want to think about and code for.

Oh, sweet! I just noticed I can surface/submerge with the side buttons and get weather/depth from the officer buttons all without dropping to 1x YAY!!

Last edited by kylania; 03-26-10 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-26-10, 01:32 AM   #99
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

I tried enabling the new periscope like this:

# emtguf's periscope rework enabled
emtgufPeriscopeReworkEnabled = True

But i still get the standard SH5 periscope. Do i need to copy over some more files from the main package to the MODS folder?

It would also be nice with some explanatory comments on all the mini-map features in your options file. Some are self-explanatory but not all of them are
For example, i enabled this: MapCoordinatesEnabled = True # stock False
But i can't see any difference on the map... though it might be me that's blind

I really love how you worked this out, the option file is absolutely brilliant.

Thanks for this epic mod. It takes SH5 to a whole new level.
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 01:44 AM   #100
kylania
Silent Hunter

That sets some spacing issues with the page, you still need to move the files from the NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Included mods from others\emtguf - Periscope rework folder.

Old 03-26-10, 01:49 AM   #101
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
That sets some spacing issues with the page, you still need to move the files from the NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Included mods from others\emtguf - Periscope rework folder.
Thanks

I also wondered if enabling the lock/break lock option still shows the "take photo" on recon missions?
The original mod did not show this so i had to remove it on recon missions.
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 03:53 AM   #102
Vlad_one
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

The job that you are doing is fantastic Dark. Can I ask you if it's possible to fix the external camera of the sub so that "follows" the sub? Thanks and compliments for what you do
Vlad_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 04:01 AM   #103
Einsatz
Nub

Downloads: 0

I have a problem making SH3 style dials to appear. I'm replacing NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraithh\Dials\German\met ric\dials.dds in main mod folder GUI but I still see the SH5 dials! What am I doing wrong ?
Einsatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 04:04 AM   #104
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

you must setup the mod into the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file

... I think ^^....
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 04:12 AM   #105
Einsatz
Nub