SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-08, 11:14 PM   #76
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Wierd. I wish i had an answer for you. Have you taken damage and have the room fllash dark , like the "blackened crew bug" in the control room?
Campaign start. New Career, just spawned outside the Port.

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 11:16 PM   #77
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Campaign start. New Career, just spawned outside the Port.
What boat, port and year again? I'll see if i can reproduce it.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 11:19 PM   #78
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

:rotfl: let me just go and extract the mod again. BRB. (I thought I would wack up a ASW_TMO_1.5 while it was unpacked.. it got messy)

OK, 1943 career, brisbane... select GATO. and spawn outside port.

Good idea putting your visual files in the AI_Sensor_Visual also.

Do you think having multiple library files can be detrimental to the game engine?

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-07-08 at 11:32 PM.
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 11:22 PM   #79
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672
Uploads: 0

Hiya's,
I have this TM with some visual mods etc

Used TM since i got SH4 really in it's various incarnations

Anyways, I have modded the new warning icons so they don't show
As the Huds i have modded are mods themselves, Does anyone know who exactly i need to contact for permission etc ? (the more i read the credits the more my brain's losing its will to think)

I'm not quite sure looking at the credits on page 1 as to who to approach (maybe more than 1 i think that's why i'm asking lol)

And woohoo, Really looking forward to more goodies in a patch Mr duci

Dang this and some other mods keeps me clocking up sea-miles

Well Have Fun

Cheers

Ciao

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 11:33 PM   #80
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

If you want to post a mod that works on top of TM, im not going to tell you no. Your entirely free to do so, you don't need my permission to do that. Just dont be offended if, when trying to work out the cause/source of a bug, i ask someone to "please deactivate all other mods". I have a hard enough time chasing my own bugs around :rotfl:
Old 03-07-08, 11:46 PM   #81
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya,
Cheers for reply

Yeah i used to chuckle at your quips in your readme's about no permission needed etc he he

Think i've narrowed contacts/permissions to 3 more guys (again if i read right)

cdrake66
- developed new ordersbar icons specifically for TMaru (then FTT)

jimimadrid
- Compass Lubber line mod

OakGroove
- Orders Bar gauges
- Orders bar HUD graphics
- TDC/ Torpedo/ bearing indicator interface graphics
- Submarine Interior graphics
- rec manual

Will try and pm them all soon and see what they say

Well best be off and get a drink then sleep

Not a major mod in anyways shape or form but it's my first one (messed with bits in the menu 1024 sometimes) and actually only tried to do it because the new icons were annoying me so bad

Well Take Care

Have Fun

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 12:02 AM   #82
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Well... if it helps. With the exception of Anvarts mods and kapitan_zur_see propller mod, i typically don't use or incorporate any mod that states i have ask for permission in order to use it. I hate playing poitics, or put my whole project on hold while waiting 2 days to 2 weeks or longer for response that i might never receive. So if the mods readme says im required to grovel, I either find something else, or do it myself. (The two exceptions cited are the ones that i coudlnt do myself, therego i groveled )
Old 03-08-08, 01:22 AM   #83
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default Career Crossroads?

Quote:
The interiors were drastically reworked (again) when i was working on the initial release of TMO. Since your at that career crossroads, i would suggest retiring, and starting a new career. Some of the changes ive done to crew placement wont reflect in a game in progress.

You should find that the conning tower is alot more lively, and the control room, a little more so then it was in the past. (edit: I also fixed all the gauges, but that was awhile ago, so thats nothing new- but the crew placement is)
Interiors: The re-work is really noticable. Such detail! I'm still awestruck. Did you do all the re-working yourself? I didn't realize you were such an artist, as well as one of our best modders. I'll assume that the other-class boats have been redone too.?

Crossroads: Yeah, I think I really pissed off the admiral coming back with only 14K in tonnage, at least that was the drift I got from his message. For a reward for sticking it out, I got assigned to The USS Balao and the Kiska/Adack Patrol (June '43). The Japs must have taken a powder, and after six weeks of patrolling with no sightings, I took it upon myself to see if I could scare up anything worthwhile in Japanese waters. 24K and still counting. Got three duds and two torps running too deep on one setup. Finally got him with the 6th torpedo - a med freighter of 3K tons. What a waste of 5 torpedoes (Mark 23s too). I think I'll finish up this patrol, then head back and start a new career so I can see all the new stuff that's been added to the other boats.

Con and Control: I noticed some of the gauges working on the Gato (USS Drum) before the change. Even the dive plane indicators are working now. NICE! Once before, on a Gato-class, I noticed TWO depth indicators in the control room- one at 165 ft, and the other at 450 ft. Now the two indicators are both reading 165 ft., as before. What happened to the other one? Now that I can look over the planesmen's shoulders, I'd really like to see the deeper one again. I didn't notice any difference in personnel in the Con or Control Room. I'll take a better look on my next career.

I'm with you on your thoughts about SH1.5 and U-Boats. Not much interest on this end, at least not enough to spend any more money. The Silent Service in the Pacific Theater is my meat. With all the improvements by you, Lurker, and all the others that have made such improvements to this game, I don't feel it neccessary to play the bad guy. Someday, I might even get up enough guts to try manual targeting.

Run Silent, Run Deep
Old 03-08-08, 01:52 AM   #84
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

>>Did you do all the re-working yourself? I didn't realize you were such an artist,

The textures have been by oakgroove since the earliest days. What i primarly did, was work with the data files. Make dials work, move characters around. A few minor texture items i touched up on, but nothing on the order of oakgrooves textures.

>>Once before, on a Gato-class, I noticed TWO depth indicators in the control room- one at 165 ft, and the other at 450 ft. Now the two indicators are both reading 165 ft.,

Ehh, well you should see the depth three gauges total two 165 ft gagues, and the smaller dial between those two, should be a 600 ft depth gauge. (i just doublecked to make sure its really there and not bugged after reading your post :rotfl: ) Just FYI, the conning tower cam and control room cam, both allow for free movement.

>>I didn't notice any difference in personnel in the Con or Control Room. I'll take a better look on my next career

You wont see crew placement changes in an existing career. You have to start a new career to see them. Or, just fire up the bungo pete single mission and take a look.
Old 03-08-08, 12:21 PM   #85
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 312

How does this mod (1.5) effect multiplayer if some players have it and others do not have it and only have the UBI 1.4 patch installed?

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 12:29 PM   #86
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU_Clay
How does this mod (1.5) effect multiplayer if some players have it and others do not have it and only have the UBI 1.4 patch installed?
For this and any other mod and patch:

ALL players must have an identical game setup to be able to play with each other. That means 1.4 cannot play with ANY 1.5 version, and 1.5 + TMO can only play with 1.5 + TMO. All mods have to be matched between players, else the game crashes.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 12:30 PM   #87
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU_Clay
For this and any other mod and patch:

ALL players must have an identical game setup to be able to play with each other. That means 1.4 cannot play with ANY 1.5 version, and 1.5 + TMO can only play with 1.5 + TMO. All mods have to be matched between players, else the game crashes.
Thanks...that is exactly what I thought.

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 05:12 PM   #88
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

mmm :hmm:

Installing TMO for 1.5 granted me with a nice little CTD right at the end of loading just before you get into control room when starting a game. Even when it's the only mod installed.

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 05:21 PM   #89
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
>>Did you do all the re-working yourself? I didn't realize you were such an artist,

The textures have been by oakgroove since the earliest days. What i primarly did, was work with the data files. Make dials work, move characters around. A few minor texture items i touched up on, but nothing on the order of oakgrooves textures.

Then I'll offer my KUDOs to Oakgroove for his outstanding work on the interiors, and my thanks to you for including them in TM. The real mastery is putting all these improvement mods together and getting all of them to work as one.

>>Once before, on a Gato-class, I noticed TWO depth indicators in the control room- one at 165 ft, and the other at 450 ft. Now the two indicators are both reading 165 ft.,

Ehh, well you should see the depth three gauges total two 165 ft gagues, and the smaller dial between those two, should be a 600 ft depth gauge. (i just doublecked to make sure its really there and not bugged after reading your post :rotfl: ) Just FYI, the conning tower cam and control room cam, both allow for free movement.
I spotted it last night. I guess I never noticed it before because of the distorted view I had from the static camera.
Old 03-08-08, 07:21 PM   #90
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Well... if it helps. With the exception of Anvarts mods and kapitan_zur_see propller mod, i typically don't use or incorporate any mod that states i have ask for permission in order to use it. I hate playing poitics, or put my whole project on hold while waiting 2 days to 2 weeks or longer for response that i might never receive. So if the mods readme says im required to grovel, I either find something else, or do it myself. (The two exceptions cited are the ones that i coudlnt do myself, therego i groveled )
i second that
and it's a pleasure to have my prop mod included into yours by the way!
As for my mods, feel free to use them without asking prior and wait for response. Just give credits and send me a PM just saying you use one of my mod and i'm happy with that . No need to wait for response, the way you do it have nothing to do with stealing or something like that

Have some problems with last TMO for 1.5
Makes my game CTD right at the end of loading before a patrol just begins... Have any idea?? hard to sort out

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote