SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-18, 09:45 PM   #1
ngoclinh23
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [WIP] Cold waters Harder difficulty mod

From playing this game for 30 hours iv noticed that there is serious flaws with the AI in the 84 campaign. this is due to major nerfing of the AI's sonar at launch due to sever negative feed as people felt they where being detected to easily. this response by the Dev's is understandable as the vast majority of people wanted a easy to pick up casual game.

how ever after 30 hours of what i can only describe as clubbing baby seals i grown quite bored with this game and decided to fix it.

this mod is quite simply buffing the soviets sonar. giving it similar capabilities to the newer usn sonar the usn_an_bqq_5. i even gave the udaloe a slight buff.

i have found this to be a great success as now the AI is now a lot more cautious and are now actively searching. how ever i have tweaked it so the AI is not all knowing . Active sonar is now often required to get general bearing on hidden foes.

if some one whats to play with this mod id be happy to upload it if i have permission. it is simply modding a note book file known as sensor in the streaming default folder. the document totally modifiable.
Old 04-11-18, 09:26 AM   #2
Gunnyhwy
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Icon14

That sounds challenging.
What is the name of your mod in the download section?
Gunnyhwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 06:11 AM   #3
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

I don´t think the issue in Cold Waters is that people need a casual aproach and feel cheated by sonar but the somewhat inconsistent and rather dumb limitation made by the devs that your sub is only able to enter a combat encounter at a max range that often leads to you instantly getting detected.

Instead of raising the encounter range they simply and dirty limited passive sonar range. However active sonar still is able to detect you immediatly in the first seconds of scenario start.

Killerfish Games and logic...
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote