SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-15, 07:08 PM   #3841
detail
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I got it installed fine, you just have to run the program once before you mod it..

What mod should I get to get a 1080p resolution?

Thanks, for your help guys.
detail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 09:52 AM   #3842
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4
radar

Please note that some users may have issues installing this patch on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 due to the windows User Account Control security feature.

I tried installing this patch many times but but despite following the manual carefully, disabling antiviruses and firewalls and whatnot, I received the following message every time

"Sorry, no compatible version of sh3.exe found
Patching not possible! Exit."

Should you encounter this issue the solution is to enable the (hidden) built in administrator account, log on to it and from there perform the patch. Please note that in order to activate the built-in Administrator account you need to be logged on to a regular Administrator account in the first place. An account with lower access will not be able to perform the below operation.

Instructions

1. Enable the (hidden) built-in Administrator account:

Press the Windows+R keys, click on the 'Browse...' button.

Navigate to your C:\Windows\System32 folder and find the file named 'cmd.exe'.

Right click this file and in the menu select 'Run as administrator', a black command prompt window should appear. Now close the browsing window you used to find the cmd.exe file via the top right corner cross, or press the 'Cancel' button bottom right.

In the newly opened command prompt window type the following:

net user administrator /active:yes

Press the Enter key.

Type the word:

Exit

followed by another Enter key press.

2. Log on to the (hidden) built-in Administrator account:

Click somewhere with your left mousebutton on the desktop background and then press the two keys Alt+F4 together. Select 'Sign Out' in the drop down menu and then press the OK button. You will be logged out of your account and taken to the account selection screen. Here you should now see an account named 'Administrator', click on this to log in.

Now go ahead and from here follow the instructions as outlined in the V16B1-Readme to patch your SH3.exe file, everything should now be patching properly.

Please note that the (hidden) Administrator account is a bit of an odd kermit, it has certain limitations compared to a regular account. Also having it enabled is an increased security risk. Therefore I recommend once you are done with the patch and have tested that it is working, go back to your regular account and deactivate the built-in administrator following the exact same instructions as outlined under point '1' above, except change the line you write to:

net user administrator /active:no

Done.

Hope this is helpful for someone.

regards

/ D
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 11:06 AM   #3843
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
This message derives from the H.sie Patch and ONLY comes up when the sh3.exe has been altered, mostly by something profane like the 4GB-patch.

That's not accurate. I had a clean install of SH3 and still received the same message. This message also appears if there is no SH3.exe file present at all that the batch file can process. In my case it was not related to SH3.exe or Silent Hunter at all.
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 11:20 AM   #3844
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
To ressolve this issue, simply do what Sailor Steve has tried and found working: Use S3F !
HEY Leave me out of your demented schemes! I don't want to take over the world!
(Just kidding, in case you didn't know)

Quote:
S3F can switch the 4GBP on and off (if you really need that).
Yes it can, and very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorRainbow View Post
That's not accurate. I had a clean install of SH3 and still received the same message. This message also appears if there is no SH3.exe file present at all that the batch file can process. In my case it was not related to SH3.exe or Silent Hunter at all.
Because of my modding predilections I've recently reinstalled SH3 several times and often forget the procedure, so I end up reading the instructions again.

To install the h.sie patch the SH3.exe must be moved from the SH3 folder to the h.sie folder. Then it works perfectly every time (the 4 Gig Patch must be deactivated). Then you can put the h.sie patch back in the SH3 folder and then activate the 4 Gig patch. I've gone through this several times in the last month, and haven't had a problem. Well, I've had problems, but only when I didn't follow the directions properly.
Old 02-19-15, 11:38 AM   #3845
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@DoktorRainbow,

Thank you. Your advice can be very useful.

I am lookin' to get a better gear to run super stuff smoother.

And since its gonna run Windows 8 64 Bit...
Old 02-20-15, 08:08 AM   #3846
Cpt.Nautilus
Watch

Downloads: 7

I enjoyed this pack a lot, back in 2006. Glad to see it is still active!

Now, coming back to SH3, I have installed LSH3 5.1. The first post of this thread says that this pack "should" work with it but it has not been tested.

Has anybody tested it? Any advice?
Old 02-21-15, 01:48 PM   #3847
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36

works fine with lsh 5.1, but Lsh 6 will be around soonish (TM) so I would not install it, especially since I just learned that neither ccom nor lsh 5.1 have working radar in them (unlike nygm and gwx).
Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-15, 04:23 PM   #3848
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmonzo View Post
especially since I just learned that neither ccom nor lsh 5.1 have working radar in them (unlike nygm and gwx).
Hi Schmonzo,

i don't know how you get this information, but the information is wrong. GWX, LSH3 and CCoM have the same radar - like Stock-SH3 (don't know if NYGM has changed someting). The only differences are the animation of the rotating radar, the position of the camera (at RO) ahd the rotation of the wheel (at the RO). All other things are identical - including Ubisoft's old bug while focusing radar.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 02-22-15, 02:41 AM   #3849
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36

oh, I am sorry, what I meant to say was: Lsh and Ccom seem to have bugged radar (especially when using it manually), while nygm and gwx do not. At least that is what is being said on this marinesims thread
Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 02:49 AM   #3850
Metalogic
Loader

Downloads: 11
If I want to install then the 4GB RAM fix, should I apply this before or after the 1.6 patch? My install already has the 1.4 patch (was patched on the disk) and no Starforce copy protection.

Also, if I want to install the SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b, will this work, and at which point should I install it - e.g. 1.6 patch>4Gb patch>SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b ? Thanks
Metalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 02:59 AM   #3851
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Hi Metalogic,

allways after the completed, unmodded SH3 verson 1.4b. But if you want to play with the h.sie patch V16B1, you don't have to execute the "4-GB-Patch" - this is included in h.sie's patch and the sh3.exe MUST be unpatched. In other words:
- clean installation of SH3 version 1.4b (as you have on your DVD),
- run h.sie patch V16B1 as writen in his manual.

That's all. Good hunting.

Greeting
rowi58
Old 03-03-15, 03:00 AM   #3852
Metalogic
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
Hi Metalogic,

allways after the completed, unmodded SH3 verson 1.4b. But if you want to play with the h.sie patch V16B1, you don't have to execute the "4-GB-Patch" - this is included in h.sie's patch and the sh3.exe MUST be unpatched. In other words:
- clean installation of SH3 version 1.4b (as you have on your DVD),
- run h.sie patch V16B1 as writen in his manual.

That's all. Good hunting.

Greeting
rowi58
Thanks, can I then apply a hi-res patch on top of this?
Old 03-03-15, 04:10 AM   #3853
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Hi metalogix,

the "HighRes-Fix"? Of course. That works fine - i'm using the "HghRes-Fix" since years in all possible (and unpossible) configurations.
Old 03-03-15, 05:52 AM   #3854
Metalogic
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
Hi metalogix,

the "HighRes-Fix"? Of course. That works fine - i'm using the "HghRes-Fix" since years in all possible (and unpossible) configurations.
Do you use this at 1920x1080 resolution or a 4:3 one?
Old 03-03-15, 06:46 AM   #3855
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

ATM, i'm using the ResFix at 1920x1080 pixel. Wonderfull (on a modern highend notebook). No problems, no "oval" instruments.

Greetings
rowi58