Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-08, 07:41 PM   #46
LaughingSwordfish
Seaman

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

That 109 landing gear is fragile
I forget I`m not in a stuka anymore when I have to land this thing
Old 07-18-08, 01:11 AM   #47
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingSwordfish
That 109 landing gear is fragile
I forget I`m not in a stuka anymore when I have to land this thing
Blame Schultz for not directing the traffic properly, don't blame Messerschmitt which might or might not cut our supply of aircraft seeing as we managed to destroy more 109s than the Polish

Anyhoosa, I can't come today, so I'll have to exact my bloody vengeance tommorrow

Last edited by Raptor1; 07-18-08 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-18-08, 01:40 AM   #48
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

The Messerschmitt guys are businessmen. The more pilots like us, the more business for them

Der Dicke might not be that happy though...
Old 07-18-08, 03:19 AM   #49
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
Well come on. Throw the dog a bone, just because i wasn't there tonight doesn't mean i dont want to know what went on :hmm: .. A few caps. or a bit of after action reporting woudn't go a miss
Same as yesterday, but today they managed to turn the runway into a real obstacle course (aprox 5 wrecks scattered all over the airfield)
but...the good part...enough spare parts for the 109E :rotfl:

HunterICX
Old 07-18-08, 03:40 AM   #50
Raptor1
Navy Seal

How about we all land in the Polski airfield next time, that'll undoubtedly disrupt their operations
Old 07-18-08, 03:47 AM   #51
LaughingSwordfish
Seaman

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1
How about we all land in the Polski airfield next time, that'll undoubtedly disrupt their operations
Once on UK Dedicated I and another pilot bombed the AA defences on the enemy airfield, landed our stukas and shot up stationary planes and cars with our rear guns. Not realistic, but very fun:rotfl:
Old 07-18-08, 04:29 AM   #52
Fincuan
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
Well come on. Throw the dog a bone, just because i wasn't there tonight doesn't mean i dont want to know what went on :hmm: .. A few caps. or a bit of after action reporting woudn't go a miss
We flew two sorties. The first one was an air superiority mission above our own airfield, and that's exactly what we did: Demonstrated our superiority over empty air. No Poles showed up. The landing went as usual, and this was the sortie with the "obstacle course" of five crashed 109s

Our mission for the second sortie was the same(protect the airbase, not crash our planes), so a few guys took a peek at the enemy's side to see what they were up to, and we decided to do a fighter sweep towards one of their airbases a good distance behind the lines. After an uneventful ingress we began to circle the airfield at 5000 meters, but cloud cover prevented us from seeing much of what went on below. We were already noses towards home when first three, then another three and then a few more P.11s materialized from 12 o'clock, and a good old furball developed. A bunch of P.11s were shot down along with a few of our own, while the rest retreated back to the base chased by P.11s, which strafed the airfield after we had landed. Personally I claimed two enemies shot down which were both confirmed, and I think Raptor rammed one, but I don't know about the rest. Once everyone was more or less safely down we made a swift exit out of the mission before the P.11s got us on the ground

Last edited by Fincuan; 07-18-08 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-18-08, 06:39 AM   #53
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Sounds like you all had fun again
ah well you cant blame me for the obsticle course this time

Old 07-18-08, 06:43 AM   #54
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I got one but then after I had parked a bloody AI plane decided to park on me and blew me up. What I didn't realise was that I was still alive in the cokcpit and hit ctrl-e to eject then hunter finished the game, I ended up with 50 points instead of 100, but a kill is a kill.
Old 07-18-08, 06:46 AM   #55
Raptor1
Navy Seal

That P.11 I killed blinded me with smoke that eventually caused me to ram him

I hate how these P.11s are so slow, you can get on their tail but you can't stay there, also if you do manage to shoot one up it won't die even after a couple of cannon hits...

Last edited by Raptor1; 07-18-08 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-18-08, 07:30 AM   #56
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

I use combat flaps after getting behind them. That allows you to maneuver better too.
Old 07-18-08, 07:38 AM   #57
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder
I use combat flaps after getting behind them. That allows you to maneuver better too.
Me too, but they're just...too...slow...
Old 07-18-08, 07:51 AM   #58
Fincuan
Admiral

Don't settle behind them, it'll kill you in a furball. Use your speed and fly right past, climb steeply, dive to their deep six and hit them again from slightly below. The AI loves to split-S when being bounced, only this time he'll do right into your sights! If he doesn't split-S, then pull your sights up to him and BAM(meaning shoot, don't ram You won't probably kill them as fast this way, but your six will stay clear. If it's only a few P.11s and your wingman is covering you then you it's ok to settle, though I'd still recommend the above way of dealing with them.
Old 07-18-08, 08:15 AM   #59
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Twas a good sortee, despite Schroeder winding up as a POW of the Poles and Raptor rear-ending a P11. I hope I have a little more luck with the Hurris than I do with the P11s, it seems that I can put forty rounds into the back of a P11 and get showered with debris but nothing happens, and then I've overshot the damn thing because I'm going too fast.
Plus, that bloody weather! Turbulence like 'eck until cloud level and then smooth sailing, but as soon as you descend to land, you're thrown about like a pea in a drum and there's so much fog I nearly overshot the field looking for it. Thanks for guiding me in though Xabba, and was that you who told me about holding B and throttling up? Sorry I had to ask for it twice, your mike was playing up, you were pretty choppy all evening.
Anyway, who is gonna be the first to strafe or crash land into Schultz?
Old 07-18-08, 08:44 AM   #60
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Anyway, who is gonna be the first to strafe or crash land into Schultz?
Dunno about strafing but I'll be the first to crash land into him

Oh, I also managed to land a Bf 109 (mostly) intact now, I think I might be able to get good enough at it by tomorrow to actually land with my undercarriage intact