SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-08, 02:18 PM   #1231
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie
hello OLC,

I ask for your permission to use Single.tga and Salvo.tga from OLC-GUI for my selfmade hsGUI.

h.sie
Yes, of course, help yourself.
THANKS A LOT
Old 12-03-08, 10:29 PM   #1232
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53

Might edit this in a second if there is no picture, anyway just downloaded this great mod and am on my 1st patrol with it, my question is straightforward does this look right? I have never noticed the polygons or whatever they are before and I was hoping that is just because I was lucky and now it's all new my eyes are drawn to it and they have always been there or is it my GFX card settings

Last edited by Uboatman; 12-03-08 at 11:25 PM.
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 08:23 AM   #1233
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Mikhayl is correct.
Those polygons are always there, even in stock, but OLCE2's tweaked reflection settings and higher contrast colours do make it much more noticable in some weather conditions. It's a trade-off, I'm afraid. It's possible to tweak the environment settings so that the polygons are more "blended" (less noticable) even to the point where you never really see them at all, but that would come at the cost of other graphical "effects". It's also possible to tweak the wave heights/shapes in such as way as to lessen that ploygon effect, but those sorts of changes come with their own potential problems.
Old 12-04-08, 12:58 PM   #1234
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53

Ok, thanks for the explanations.
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 09:38 PM   #1235
RobertGysae
Mate

Downloads: 2

hey OLC luv the mod. one small problem though...how do i make the old dials in the bottom left hand corner of this image disappear. whenever i scroll over to bring up the officers and time etc. they pop up:hmm:

also, how can i make it so that the officers and time etc. is perminantly up?

thanx heaps

RobertGysae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 09:51 PM   #1236
RobertGysae
Mate

Downloads: 2

edit: don't worry about the fixed clock and officer bars. reread the readme but the question about the old dials still stands.

RobertGysae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 10:12 AM   #1237
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Robert, I think you've confused this mod with some other GUI mod.
Old 12-24-08, 08:58 AM   #1238
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Great mod OLC. The waves that block my scope view are worth the locked zoom. Good call!

Anyway.....

Is there a way to put 1 degree marks on the attack scope and UZO? I was wondering why you elected not to do it.

I went into the Menu/OLC/ file and replaced uzobearing and atkbearing with NYGM bearings but I only got the lines and no numbers. Any ideas?

Again...thank you!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 10:46 AM   #1239
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld
Great mod OLC. The waves that block my scope view are worth the locked zoom. Good call!

Anyway.....

Is there a way to put 1 degree marks on the attack scope and UZO? I was wondering why you elected not to do it.

I went into the Menu/OLC/ file and replaced uzobearing and atkbearing with NYGM bearings but I only got the lines and no numbers. Any ideas?

Again...thank you!
Yeah there is a way, the only reason I didn't do it is cos I'd never have a use for it myself and generally speaking I don't take requests unless I'm in a really good mood. :rotfl:

Anyway you did it the right way. If you don't see numbers it's cos the TGA you used has no numbers on it. There's quite a few that people have made. Start a thread and I'm sure people will provide links.

Last edited by onelifecrisis; 12-24-08 at 10:48 AM.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 10:59 AM   #1240
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Got it OLC!

Hitman gave me the files I needed and all is good. I just like it so I can estimate what spread to use with a little more accuracy.

You have a great Christmas!!!

Oh yeah.....will OLC2/GUI Special need tweeking for GWX 3 or do you think it will work as it is now?
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 11:00 AM   #1241
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld
Got it OLC!

Hitman gave me the files I needed and all is good. I just like it so I can estimate what spread to use with a little more accuracy.

You have a great Christmas!!!

Oh yeah.....will OLC2/GUI Special need tweeking for GWX 3 or do you think it will work as it is now?
Merry xmas to you too! Yes, it'll all work with GWX3 according to KL.
Old 12-27-08, 05:22 AM   #1242
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Merry Christmas to everyone

With GWX 2.1 I used to have Flat Sun Fix for OLC Ubermod 2.4.3 enabled to fix "pancake sun" effect. Now if I use this fix with GWX 3.0 I loose tweaked ocean effect in change for fixed sun.. Would like to have them both though
Thanks..

Ahm not sure if it would be the same with moonreflections for OLC 2.4.3..
Old 12-27-08, 09:13 AM   #1243
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
Merry Christmas to everyone

With GWX 2.1 I used to have Flat Sun Fix for OLC Ubermod 2.4.3 enabled to fix "pancake sun" effect. Now if I use this fix with GWX 3.0 I loose tweaked ocean effect in change for fixed sun.. Would like to have them both though
Thanks..

Ahm not sure if it would be the same with moonreflections for OLC 2.4.3..
OK.
You might have to wait a bit (or DIY).
Old 12-27-08, 10:37 AM   #1244
Kung_Pow
Nub

Downloads: 61

Hi OLC. First of all THX for your and Joe Grundmans work. I never played with 100% realism before I installed OLC GUI 1.2.1 because the manual targeting from Stock-SH3 never worked out for me. Since i installed GWX 2.1 I am a enthusiastic user of the OLC Ubermod, so enthusiastic, that I don`t want to have to abdicate the GUI and your environmental changes on future installations. Which leads me to my question:
Now I want to install GWX 3.0 and some posts above you already stated, that OLC GUI Special will work with GWX 3.0. Which of your previous mods do i have to install to use your GUI and to enjoy your state of the art environmental changes, or better asked, which of them are already implemented in GWX 3.0? I`m sorry, but i am not realy bright, when it comes to modding questions

Please excuse my mistakes, english is not my mother tongue, but i want to improve my rubbish english so feel free to correct them

And last but not least: Again, big thanks to all you great modders, who made the game worth the 40 € (And by now, with all the great mods loooots more) i paid for it.
Kung_Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 01:32 PM   #1245
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Your English is perfectly understandable, Kung Pow.

GWX3 already contains OLCE2 (though I think they're renamed it to 'GWX - 16km Atmosphere) so you can use OLC GUI Special with GWX3 without having to install OLCE2. Just make sure you enable their 16km atmosphere mod first.

The version of OLCE2 in GWX3 is slightly different from the Ubermod version but the differences are purely visual. If you decide you prefer the "old" OLCE2 instead of the GWX3 version then you can do so by disabling the 'GWX - 16km Atmosphere' mod and then installing OLCE2 the same way as you did with GWX2.

HTH
OLC