Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-18, 05:57 PM   #1
SCPOTurner
Mate

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0
Default Boat's Motion in Water

Before I joined Subsim, I'd come across reference to a mod that improved the motion of the boat when motoring in heavy seas. The phrase "railroad tracks" was used. I haven't been able to find it while browsing the mods. Is it a standalone mod or part of a megamod? (The thought of installing a megamod is very intimidating to me... so far.)
SCPOTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 06:05 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPOTurner View Post
(The thought of installing a megamod is very intimidating to me... so far.)
Can you be more specific? Maybe I should update some part of the instructions?

EDIT:
The mod you are looking for is very old and definitely not needed with TWoS.

Be careful not to make stuff even more "intimidating" for you by adding outdated mods...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 12:03 PM   #3
SCPOTurner
Mate

Gotcha. I've only been at this for about three weeks. I've been seeing the references to TWoS but have been reluctant to try to install it (yeah... intimidating). I have about eight individual mods installed so far. Is that going to complicate things if I attempt to install TWoS? In the meantime, I'll read up on TWoS. Thanks
Old 02-12-18, 12:31 PM   #4
Scottvdken
Watch

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPOTurner View Post
Gotcha. I've only been at this for about three weeks. I've been seeing the references to TWoS but have been reluctant to try to install it (yeah... intimidating). I have about eight individual mods installed so far. Is that going to complicate things if I attempt to install TWoS? In the meantime, I'll read up on TWoS. Thanks
As a new(ish) SH5 user, I would highly recommend it. Very easy to install as long as you follow the instructions to the letter. If you're going to do so, remove your other mods first.
Scottvdken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 06:40 PM   #5
SCPOTurner
Mate

Default TWoS Up and Running

Thanks Scottvdken for the advice abour TWoS. I have it up and running and am amazed at the work the Subsim community has done, Wow! Even the spray coming up through the slats in the deck! Incredible. I may have botched Step 4... the initial save/reload. The word 'avatar' threw me off and I thought the author was referring to a symbol on the chart, rather than the opening scene of the U-boat in the bunker. I noticed that making the initial campaign selection was not working... I could only start into the war without a mission assignment.
I restarted with a new campaign and did the save/reload routine this time. No change on mission selection. Was my failure to do the first save/reload the very first time the problem? Must I delete the game, clean up the debris and reload the game and TWoS megamod over again?