SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-16, 01:54 PM   #1
Dutchguy3129
Swabbie

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default What happens *after* Wolfpack?

I understand the game isn't finished yet, but I would like to pose this question anyways. It seems the Silent Hunter Franchise is dead, yes SH Online is to me as well, and since nature abhors a void it's only the natural order of things for something to step in and take another's place.

I was wondering, if there could be the possibility of a game *after* Wolfpack, who's success I'm hoping will encourage it. Is it possible that we will *finally* see the WW2 Subsim that we have all been dreaming for? A game that covers the U-Boats, Fleet Boats, British Subs, and IJN Subs, all with their own complete dynamic campaign? Hell I'd be down with one Campaign being the main game, and the others being DLC/Expansion packs. One that you could bundle together, play online, and be accessible to modding? One that would allow for all the realism bulls and whistles we want, that you can add or take from the game. Don't want Satellite GPS Navigation for your Patrols but also don't want to be the only person on the sub doing the work? A setting that allows for your sub crew to do the calculations necessary, with degrees of accuracy varied per experience and weather. While still allowing the option for you to contribute to that solution to fine tune it.

All those things are alot to ask of a game that hasn't even been finished yet to inspire, but I like to hope for the best. If the company sees that the demand is there, perhaps they will pitch in.

What would you guys like to see added to a "future" WW2 Subsim, if this game were to inspire one?
Dutchguy3129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-16, 08:46 PM   #2
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44

Your talking about a HUGE amount of money. We are going to have to skip parts of the cold war that weren't 'hot' just to cover the entire '47-~'91 timeline on Operation: Trident, and its slightly alternate reality.

Got a few million in your back pocket?
Old 08-21-16, 02:56 AM   #3
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Well, as I remember Neal do't want to build dynamic campaign like we have in SH series. His main target is multicrew game with another multiplayer options with auto-generated missions to play.

All these conditions are matching to playable destroyer too.

But nsomnia has right - deevs need a lot of money to build new gameplay environment. Let's wait for finishing Wolfpack now.

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 05:35 AM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchguy3129 View Post
I understand the game isn't finished yet, but I would like to pose this question anyways. It seems the Silent Hunter Franchise is dead, yes SH Online is to me as well, and since nature abhors a void it's only the natural order of things for something to step in and take another's place.

I was wondering, if there could be the possibility of a game *after* Wolfpack, who's success I'm hoping will encourage it. Is it possible that we will *finally* see the WW2 Subsim that we have all been dreaming for? A game that covers the U-Boats, Fleet Boats, British Subs, and IJN Subs, all with their own complete dynamic campaign? Hell I'd be down with one Campaign being the main game, and the others being DLC/Expansion packs. One that you could bundle together, play online, and be accessible to modding? One that would allow for all the realism bulls and whistles we want, that you can add or take from the game. Don't want Satellite GPS Navigation for your Patrols but also don't want to be the only person on the sub doing the work? A setting that allows for your sub crew to do the calculations necessary, with degrees of accuracy varied per experience and weather. While still allowing the option for you to contribute to that solution to fine tune it.

All those things are alot to ask of a game that hasn't even been finished yet to inspire, but I like to hope for the best. If the company sees that the demand is there, perhaps they will pitch in.

What would you guys like to see added to a "future" WW2 Subsim, if this game were to inspire one?

Sounds great but remember, we are 1 programmer and 1 3D artist. I will consider it an achievement to create the Wolfpack game we are currently working on.
Old 08-23-16, 12:10 AM   #5
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Honestly, if Wolfpack does as well as we all hope then I think a good idea for DLC would be an RN destroyer or corvette, although I'm not sure how much work that would be given the different environment.
Projekt Messerwetzer Zwei!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 01:04 AM   #6
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Sounds great but remember, we are 1 programmer and 1 3D artist. I will consider it an achievement to create the Wolfpack game we are currently working on.
No doubt. We have 10+ artists/programmers (unpaid until early access) and its slow enough going to drive people nuts as is!
Old 08-23-16, 10:49 AM   #7
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Honestly, if Wolfpack does as well as we all hope then I think a good idea for DLC would be an RN destroyer or corvette, although I'm not sure how much work that would be given the different environment.
Projekt Messerwetzer Zwei!
I like how you think.