SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-17, 08:08 PM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default Playing US subs only how does the latest Offical Patched DW compare to SubCommand now

Been happy with Dangerous Waters I just play US subs only, but can not stand the buggy vcr replay problems i am experiencing trying to watch how my mission played out. I have never experienced this with Sub Command the replay feature is nice and smooth nothing ever jumps around like helicopters missiles and torpedos do in Dangerous Waters replay. I am thinking of going back to Sub Command. But if i remember right my Sub Command would crash once in awhile but my Dangerous Waters never has crashed on me.

A few questions playing US subs only which game would you consider the more stable one SC or DW?

With both SC and DW with latest official patch playing US subs only does one game do anything better the other does not from playing US subs only prospective?

Does Sub Command do anything better or more realistic then DW?

The Less bugs the better for me and hate games that are prone to crashing.

If the replay viewer was nice and smooth i would be happy with DW.

Thanks for any info!

Londog
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:19 AM   #2
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

In my opinion "clear" Dangerous Waters is much better game than "clear" Sub command. Just look at turning, changing depth or TA behaviour in both games.

Replay in DW works fine if you set x16 and play/pause. Only rewinding causes mess.

Are you sure replay in this kind of games is absolutely crucial feature for you? Most players wants more or less realistic sensors/enviroment/graphics... etc.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:10 AM   #3
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the reply "Replay in DW works fine if you set x16 and play/pause. Only rewinding causes mess." I SURE HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT INFO!

Well to me While playing the game you just dont get to see whats really going on around you and thats part of the fun of the sim, but another part is getting to see what exactly unfolded around you while you are submerged, and this buggy replay viewer does a lousy job at critical times to see what really happened.

So Far playing DW I am very happy with how the environment and AI is acting and playing out, but thats where the replay viewer is important to me TOO VERIFY WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. As long as its playing out how i THINK Subs, Ships, Torpedo's, Missiles, Planes and Helos in modern warfare would play out I am a Happy Camper so far with the game. I dont have any real life experience with Navy Warfare just vague reading and I have played allot of other military sims in the past, after awhile you can tell if the Sim Game has what seems to be a Great Environment and everything that happens makes since and gives you the feeling its realistic even though maybe its not hehe and sim needs to make for a fun game too, so in that respect dont tell me anything that might blow this feeling for me hehe. If the replay viewer will work like you say I think i am going to be very happy with DW now. Like i mentioned before my Sub Command would sometimes randomly crash to desktop, DW, Silent Hunter 3, CAW, Vietcong and Swat4 do not. Thank you for the reply!

Londog
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 08:45 AM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
In my opinion "clear" Dangerous Waters is much better game than "clear" Sub command. Just look at turning, changing depth or TA behaviour in both games.

Replay in DW works fine if you set x16 and play/pause. Only rewinding causes mess.

Are you sure replay in this kind of games is absolutely crucial feature for you? Most players wants more or less realistic sensors/enviroment/graphics... etc.
The bolded features are definitely very nice in DW. In Sub Command, there is no overshooting of turns, for example. The subs are "on rails" in Sub Command. Dangerous Waters is the better experience for sure.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote