Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-17, 10:27 AM   #916
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
so I'd better stock up on the staples...or go to Reno, Nevada gun shows to avoid the paperwork. My favorite two gunshops in town simply gave up after 25+ years as the rules are steadily getting prohibitive..."Merica! [/COLOR]
I have often wondered about what is legal in purchase of a quality weapon in the State of Nevada. So you say you can drive to Reno and purchase a 9 shot Italian semi auto shot gun put it in the trunk and drive home to California or Utah or Arizona or even Oregon (but you may have to cross CA state line to get to Oregon.

What happens if you get stopped and all you have is a cash registrar receipt? Will they confiscate the car and or the weapon? Should you rent a car in case of the worst?

Very interested in your answer.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-17, 06:06 AM   #917
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The wedding days draws ever nearer....off to get measured for my suit.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-17, 08:29 AM   #918
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The wedding days draws ever nearer....off to get measured for my suit.
At Mr X-Large steakhouse & Beer next door to the tailors.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-17, 01:47 PM   #919
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
At Mr X-Large steakhouse & Beer next door to the tailors.
Could well be. What I don't understand is the fact that my denim jeans are a 34" waist yet a fitted suit is 38"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 07:10 AM   #920
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Could well be. What I don't understand is the fact that my denim jeans are a 34" waist yet a fitted suit is 38"
I don't think there is a universal size rating system jim, seems too me the makers make up their own size charts. Example I bought a shirt from one place fit well and loose then bought another brand shirt else where with the same size as the first and it was tight.

I now try to stick to one place for my shirts as I know the size I want fits and same with other cloths, bit of a pain when you see what you want cheaper else where but the big question will it fit.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-27-17, 08:22 AM   #921
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
5 straight days of ninety's and over 100 hundred degrees makes anyone over 60 sensitive: heavy on watering the yards and running the AC. The grapes in the vinyards are getting an early tan! Wife's 63 birthday is today; so dinner at her favorite chophouse. Off to Social Security to do paperwork on my Medicare-part B before they penalize me! 'Merika!

I just saw this and glad I scrolled back. Passing along belated birthday wishes and greetings as well to the missus. I hope you both enjoyed the day.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 08:29 AM   #922
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I just saw this and glad I scrolled back. Passing along belated birthday wishes and greetings as well to the missus. I hope you both enjoyed the day.

Ouch! I heard it is never too late to mend, so..

Happy Birthday to the Missus!
All the best!
Hope you treat her like on her birthday everytime

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 08:32 AM   #923
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Well naturally; at my age, any day I wake up on automatically means: I must have enjoyed the day before!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 10:32 AM   #924
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
...or Utah...
Not a problem here. Utah's gun laws are just as open as Nevada's.

As to transporting a gun in California, the law specifies that you may do so, but the firearm must be locked In a case in the trunk of the car and no ammunition available. The presumption seems to be that "transporting" means you are taking it out of the state, or just passing through. Long guns and shotguns do not have to be locked in a case, but still must be in the trunk with no ammunition available.
Old 06-27-17, 10:46 AM   #925
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

bad click
or achievement

Old 06-27-17, 10:51 AM   #926
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Thank you for that answer Steve ... Aktungbby decided to ignore the questions. When I purchased my hand gun a Tarsus 44special for $350 the gun shop said that I could carry it in the trunk and ammunition in a safe place in the car or truck as long as it was separate from the gun locked in the trunk. Like a ammo box perhaps. Like for for when you go to a target range for target practice.

On the wall behind it was a beautiful black short barrel Italian extra capacity semi-automatic shot gun for $750. I wanted it so bad, but no where to keep it, plus the money is needed for other things.

So that's why I asked about Reno, but how does a person keep his or her discipline and not try to win some money at the tables and wind up paying twice what they would've of for the gun and ammunition in the first place?

Oh by the way all of this comes under the title "What are you going to do in real life"
or achievement

Old 06-27-17, 11:13 AM   #927
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
I have often wondered about what is legal in purchase of a quality weapon in the State of Nevada. So you say you can drive to Reno and purchase a 9 shot Italian semi auto shot gun put it in the trunk and drive home to California or Utah or Arizona or even Oregon (but you may have to cross CA state line to get to Oregon.

What happens if you get stopped and all you have is a cash registrar receipt? Will they confiscate the car and or the weapon? Should you rent a car in case of the worst?

Very interested in your answer.
Quote:
Thank you for that answer Steve ... Aktungbby decided to ignore the questions. When I purchased my hand gun a Tarsus 44special for $350 the gun shop said that I could carry it in the trunk and ammunition in a safe place in the car or truck as long as it was separate from the gun locked in the trunk. Like a ammo box perhaps. Like for for when you go to a target range for target practice.

On the wall behind it was a beautiful black short barrel Italian extra capacity semi-automatic shot gun for $750. I wanted it so bad, but no where to keep it, plus the money is needed for other things.

So that's why I asked about Reno, but how does a person keep his or her discipline and not try to win some money at the tables and wind up paying twice what they would've of for the gun and ammunition in the first place?

Oh by the way all of this comes under the title "What are you going to do in real life"
I didn't ignore the question I simply have not yet seen all of the 2017 regulations to B able to give a coherent 'professional' answer which someone might take as gospel with a lot of pain as a result. Some officers simply correct your transportation error-they're usually gun-buffs too- and separate the ammo from the weapon; (that happened to me enroute to a target range once) others will arrest to show pro-active 'milling about smartly' on their log sheet to superiors. I personally keep stuff in locking briefcases in the trunk...and always keep my hands on the wheel when stopped on a routine traffic violation, even on the job, in full gear-armed with the permits, and have witnessed differences of procedural opinion between pairs of officers. Fortunately, in my case, the additional CCW prevails and the firearm matter is dropped after ten minutes of discussion as not worthy for a judge's attention....but not the speeding ticket!https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/pdf/cfl2016.pdf (2016 rules: pg. 6)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-27-17 at 11:28 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 11:34 AM   #928
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
I think I may be able to answer that Jim as I'm the same waist size in jeans.

Jeans, peeps generally wear on their hips, whereas suit trousers are usually worn, as the size name implies, round the waist. Anyway that's my theory. Would you like to hear my theory about the Brontosaurus ?
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 11:38 AM   #929
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Would you like to hear my theory about the Brontosaurus ?
I don't know about jim but give me 40 minutes to get my tea and I would read it while having my tea, sounds interesting.

Old 06-27-17, 11:40 AM   #930
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
I think I may be able to answer that Jim as I'm the same waist size in jeans.

Jeans, peeps generally wear on their hips, whereas suit trousers are usually worn, as the size name implies, round the waist. Anyway that's my theory. Would you like to hear my theory about the Brontosaurus ?
Relaxed fit can be 3 or more inches larger than you think you are in order to sell more pants, like women who try to make their shoes fit a size smaller than what they really are. Men also like to wear size 38" say when it's really 40".
or achievement