SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-16, 02:52 PM   #1
mwsheeler
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Can it be played as a single player?

I don't have much time for playing any games these days and I want to support this on Kickstarter. I am hoping there will be some type of ai that might fill in the other three slots required by other players.

My problem is that I cannot commit to when and for how long i will be able to play. Too many uncontrollable elements in my life that do not allow me to guarantee uninterrupted time slots during any given day. So I fear logging in with 3 others and then letting them down halfway through a game.

Is there any information on this game over a situation like mine? I love sub sims and really would like to experience this game. I will probably pledge on kickstarter anyway.

Also, and I have commented on this on their kickstarter page, but does anyone know the difference between the $48 pledge level and the $96? The 48 says that you will be allowed access during the development of the game and the 96 says you can be a beta tester. I know I don't have time to be a quality beta tester so it would not be fair to them but can I still play during the beta time as a $48 level pledge?

This is great news for this community though. I am also keeping an eye on Uboot.
mwsheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 03:04 PM   #2
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62

1. Yes you can download the alpha for free and right now, and then sink destroyers solo. I sank two last night by myself. Be prepared to make notes of all the bugs you discover and submit them to the devs in a helpful manner to show your support.

2. $96 kickstarter amount has one extra paragraph of goodies you obtain. They both mention access to game during development (interpreted to be defined as download for free right now during alpha, but the $96 mentions beta.)

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 03:51 PM   #3
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwsheeler View Post
I don't have much time for playing any games these days and I want to support this on Kickstarter. I am hoping there will be some type of ai that might fill in the other three slots required by other players.

My problem is that I cannot commit to when and for how long i will be able to play. Too many uncontrollable elements in my life that do not allow me to guarantee uninterrupted time slots during any given day. So I fear logging in with 3 others and then letting them down halfway through a game.

Is there any information on this game over a situation like mine? I love sub sims and really would like to experience this game. I will probably pledge on kickstarter anyway.

Also, and I have commented on this on their kickstarter page, but does anyone know the difference between the $48 pledge level and the $96? The 48 says that you will be allowed access during the development of the game and the 96 says you can be a beta tester. I know I don't have time to be a quality beta tester so it would not be fair to them but can I still play during the beta time as a $48 level pledge?

This is great news for this community though. I am also keeping an eye on Uboot.
It is currently possible to play the game in single player, but it is quite hard since you have to run between the stations. We are thinking about adding ai to make this easier, but it all depends on how much time we have to develop the game. We are not adding this to the first demo.

Both of the pledge leves you mentiones gives you access to updated versions of the game during the development process. The higher one also gives you access to a special tester-forum where you can act as a beta tester, having personal contact with us, give feedback and making suggestions regarding the game.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 05:23 PM   #4
mwsheeler
Watch

Thank you both for the reply. As I stated initially I would not be a good beta tester as I do not have enough time to give you quality feedback. But I will make the $48 pledge. Thanks and good luck. Really looking forward to the results of your efforts. Am grateful to the us sim community for promoting this also...should help to reach your oddest Kickstarter goals.
mwsheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 06:34 AM   #5
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31

How?
ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 12:16 PM   #6
Napalm42
Watch

Downloads: 63

I spent a few hours with it yesterday manning all stations solo. It's really not as difficult as it sounds if you're used to SH. Most difficulty I had was not knowing the torpedo speed as to get an estimated time to impact, but I did manage to sink a destroyer.

For what I expected to be an incredibly taxing experience, it actually wasn't bad at all. That bodes well for the future, I'll definitely make a contribution next week when I get paid.
Napalm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 03:03 PM   #7
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31

How do you start single player? I get to the new crew bit and cannot see what to do from then on.
ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 03:49 PM   #8
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridley View Post
How do you start single player? I get to the new crew bit and cannot see what to do from then on.
Hello! You just create a new crew and press "i'm ready to play". Then the game will start.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 06:45 AM   #9
troopie
Captain

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridley View Post
You have your screen resolution set incorrectly, fix it on launching the game and you will see some new buttons.
Old 07-31-16, 02:04 PM   #10
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

I think that being able to play as a single player is important. I fully understand the multi player dynamic, but personally, I have limited time, and coordinating playing this sim with two or three other players is not likely to happen for me. I suspect there are many like me, who need to be able to play as a single player as well as having the option to play multi player.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote