Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-22-18, 06:51 AM   #16
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

As far as future signatures, most likely, for the foreseeable time, signatures will be electronic; we've all seen the little signature pads on all sorts of devices where either with a stylus or a finger, you sign for whatever the transaction is: a package, a purchase, verifying identity, etc. Sometime in the farther future, we will probably rely on biometrics: fingerprint or iris scans, voice or facial recognition, or some combination of these...

My thoughts too

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 07:19 AM   #17
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yeah, so true. All my kids can type like maniacs. Not sure if they can read/write cursive. I think the youngest one never learned it, or if she did, she does not like/practice it.
Old 02-22-18, 11:52 AM   #18
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

I imagine this young lady as well as other in the same boat will not be able to decipher the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights as written on parchment. Well, one could say these two documents are printed in books. We can also say at one time certain books were burned. Then we could go on and say these documents are on the internet. Then we could go to say some countries control what is available on the internet or one day we are pushed back to the stone age by natural disaster. These electronic devices useless. Writing and the ability to read handwriting should always be taught IMO.
Old 02-24-18, 02:43 PM   #19
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

A thought: a handwritten version of the Subsim Forums...

<O>
Old 02-24-18, 06:22 PM   #20
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Don't threaten me!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 07:26 PM   #21
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Not even with a nice, handwritten note?...

<O>
Old 02-25-18, 08:32 AM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I know that there are "pedagogues" who seriously recommend to not teach any writing (handwriting or letters) at school, but only typing. There are others who teach by the principle of "let them write it how they pronounce it, the correction will come by itself when they are adults". Of course, it never comes. More and more German teachers cannot correctly spell and master grammar themselves. Just 4 weeks ago or so the latest research in elementary schools in Berlin showed that a further decline in writing and math competence has materialised over the last year. Every third kid did not qualify for the recommended skill minimus in its age group. On national level, it is every fifth. Instead, more and more schools now offer Turkish as a madatory language. Sionce twenty years and longer, the low school note abwerages were tried to be pushed upwards by reucing the performance demands. And it shows. Employers and university, both complain bitterl yabiouzt the collapsing educaiton niveau of strianees and students they get. Politicians all the time babble about "equal chances" and "avoiding discrimination" instead.

Its as if at Olympia every starter would get a gold medal, no matter his performance. No loosers, please, everybody needs to be a winner. Solidarity!

A growing number of pedagogues and teachers want that school notes completely get abandoned, in fact certain notes already have been abandoned in Germany already years ago, while single schools in federal states, sometimes even all schools in that state, have abandoned or at least radically reduced whole branches like natural sciences and history. Also, a c,imate of competition should be avoided , even be prohibited. Its politically incorrect to link rewards to performances, and it forsters an anti-social, anti-solidaric climate, they say.

We are breeding and raising more and more pussycats, brought up by increasingly narcissistic helicopter-parents.

The challenges from Asian industry and Islamic ideology can not be survived by this mimosa culture. Its too weak and too impotent.

Myself, I just cannot type. The lesser evil, if you ask me. Just do not let me code software.