SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-18, 12:57 AM   #31
sputterfish
Watch

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I think I have a small problem sputterfish.

When my SFX finishes extraction and execute your exe files, the output files are created directly in the main SH5 root directory and not where they should be, even though my installer did place them in correct subfolders.

Of course, when executed manually by mouse click, everything is OK, so I'm not really sure what is going on...Tried both with and without administration rights on my SFX TWoS installer.

Do you have any suggestions ? Maybe we could try your suggestion from above?

EDIT:
Found this on the net, maybe it's related to the mentioned problem in some way...
Yeah the issue is that the program running the apps is running them from another folder so they default to the directory where it is run from I believe. I'll check for a work around.

EDIT:

So by using the following batch you can execute from the subdir like so. Just make sure to replace the words "subdir" with the name of the subdirectory

Code:
start cmd.exe /c "GPcfg.exe"
start "" /d "%~dp0subdir" "OFEVcfg.exe"

Last edited by sputterfish; 02-02-18 at 01:39 AM.
sputterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 07:49 AM   #32
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputterfish View Post
Yeah the issue is that the program running the apps is running them from another folder so they default to the directory where it is run from I believe. I'll check for a work around.

EDIT:

So by using the following batch you can execute from the subdir like so. Just make sure to replace the words "subdir" with the name of the subdirectory

Code:
start cmd.exe /c "GPcfg.exe"
start "" /d "%~dp0subdir" "OFEVcfg.exe"
Thanks sputterfish, I'll test it...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 08:43 AM   #33
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Perfect ! Two commands and it works like a charm!

Code:
start "" /d "%~dp0MODS\The Wolves of Steel  2.0.0\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer" "OEcfg.exe"
start "" /d "%~dp0TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0" "GPcfg.exe"
Old 02-05-18, 04:20 AM   #34
sputterfish
Watch

Quote:
Perfect ! Two commands and it works like a charm!

Code:
start "" /d "%~dp0MODS\The Wolves of Steel  2.0.0\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer" "OEcfg.exe"
start "" /d "%~dp0TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0" "GPcfg.exe"
Great to hear! I have updated GPcfg and OFEVcfg apps to use an older version of .NET thus making them more backwards compatible. Please update these if planned for distribution. Any modern Windows dist should support these out of the box but if needed they all utilize the .NET 4.0 Framework.

In addition to that I have also created an updater for folks using the Steam version of the game. All that is needed is a default install of the steam version and the app will proceed to update it automatically. All tools available on github.

https://github.com/sputterfish/silen...releases/tag/5

Cheers

Last edited by sputterfish; 02-05-18 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-05-18, 09:56 AM   #35
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Great to hear! I have updated GPcfg and OFEVcfg apps to use an older version of .NET thus making them more backwards compatible. Please update these if planned for distribution. Any modern Windows dist should support these out of the box but if needed they all utilize the .NET 4.0 Framework.

In addition to that I have also created an updater for folks using the Steam version of the game. All that is needed is a default install of the steam version and the app will proceed to update it automatically. All tools available on github.

https://github.com/sputterfish/silen...releases/tag/5

Cheers
Very nice and thank You very much once again!

So, if I understood You well, Steam users dont have to go trough that lengty procedure. Instead it should be enough to run your "SH5updateSteam.exe"?
Can you describe what exactly your exe will do? What will happen if someone with non-steam version runs your app?

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-05-18 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-05-18, 11:07 AM   #36
sputterfish
Watch

Quote:
Very nice and thank You very much once again!

So, if I understood You well, Steam users dont have to go trough that lengty procedure. Instead it should be enough to run your "SH5updateSteam.exe"?
Can you describe what exactly your exe will do? What will happen if someone with non-steam version runs your app?
The exe will overwrite any sh5.exe file present in the install directory, regardless of version. Therefore should only be run on the vanilla install as needed. The program will attempt to check for existing backup files, if not present it will continue. As for the process it's simply automating the extraction of cab contents to the install folder. The program will create a copy of your original exe file at sh5.exe.steam and a secondary copy of the patched exe at sh5.exe.patch as a backup for those who go on to use GenericPatcher.

I have been looking for a way to automate using Generic Patcher but it seems it doesn't handle command line args.
Old 02-06-18, 11:36 AM   #37
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

I have been looking for a way to automate using Generic Patcher but it seems it doesn't handle command line args.
So there is no way to somehow automate "Yes-Yes-Yes-Yes...." process which is now required? That would be really useful, if possible...

EDIT

One more question Sputterfish, You use Steam version of the game, right?

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-06-18 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-06-18, 05:57 PM   #38
sputterfish
Watch

Quote:
So there is no way to somehow automate "Yes-Yes-Yes-Yes...." process which is now required? That would be really useful, if possible...

EDIT

One more question Sputterfish, You use Steam version of the game, right?
Yes I use the steam version. Yeah so far it doesn't appear it can be automated unfortunately.
Old 02-06-18, 06:14 PM   #39
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yeah so far it doesn't appear it can be automated unfortunately.
Nevermind that... It's perfectly fine as it is now, with your cfg generators of course...

Quote:
Yes I use the steam version.
I am trying to implement your Steam Conversion utility into the next TWoS installer but I'm somewhat confused how does the Steam version of the game actually work.

Can Steam version be updated to official v1.2.0 before the conversion (SH5.exe replacement)?

If this is not the case than I can't implement your tool into the main TWoS installer because files extraction would be already done.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
This is how I'm imagining next TWoS installer with your file generators and Steam Conversion tool. http://www.mediafire.com/file/2z330h...ll_SC_Test.exe
Note that the installer it self is almost completely empty without any files in "data" folder, but the concept alone is still visible...
If you can, please run it and tell me can something like this work at all for Steam owners?

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-06-18 at 11:08 PM.