Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-14, 06:53 PM   #61
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
What's the tongue weight on your boat trailer? Adding weight to the very back end will usually pull weight off the front suspension and you should feel a noticeable difference in the way it drives. Unless it's a really light boat.

I just reviewed the previous posts and all of the symptoms you described about your brother's Dodge, could all be attributed to those front disc brake caliper pistons being partially seized and not retracting the pads fully.

Dodge was putting those plastic pistons in them for decades. I doubt that they've changed that practice.
A pair of stainless steel pistons will likely solve those issues.
YMMV
its only about 100 lbs but that is enough to take all the bounce out of the ride on bumpy roads and should be enough to counter their claim of its the suspension "floating" without a load and the short bed being different "bouncier" suspension then the 2 rental crew cabs I drove with no vibrations at all.

I love how they were trying to "teach me" about how short wheel drives ride differently since that's what I have driven for 35 years yet they claim I need to just "get used to it"
Old 09-08-14, 02:54 PM   #62
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
its only about 100 lbs but that is enough to take all the bounce out of the ride on bumpy roads and should be enough to counter their claim of its the suspension "floating" without a load and the short bed being different "bouncier" suspension then the 2 rental crew cabs I drove with no vibrations at all.

I love how they were trying to "teach me" about how short wheel drives ride differently since that's what I have driven for 35 years yet they claim I need to just "get used to it"
What's a Short wheel drive? Did they mean a four wheel drive? Yeah 4x4's do vibrate a bit more because of the transaxle that's always spinning.

There are short wheelbase trucks but no such thing as a short wheel drive.

Short wheelbase trucks should ride more like a car than a truck.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 05:44 PM   #63
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
What's a Short wheel drive? Did they mean a four wheel drive? Yeah 4x4's do vibrate a bit more because of the transaxle that's always spinning.

There are short wheelbase trucks but no such thing as a short wheel drive.

Short wheelbase trucks should ride more like a car than a truck.
think you got mixed up there when I lost a comma or left out a word there somewhere lol

short wheel base and they were saying that's just how a short wheel (base) drives.

the short wheel base ride is opposite from the way you describe it, short base rides stiffer and so you feel more bumps, its more like a sports car feel and the long wheel base is the softer Cadillac ride. I loved my lwb truck soft ride (very first truck I owned) but I love the feel of the swb better, lwb give the smooth soft ride and swb gives you the bumpier more responsive feel and control.

im gonna drop it off in the morning to the local dealership and give them a try at fixing it so I can at least get my strike #4 for lemon law.

im sure its got to be something other then tires or even with idiot mechanics they should have fixed it after 3 different tire balances and he said he did a replacement swapped out the tires with another truck on the lot so if it was the tires it should have been fixed after all that. I think the tires were only "part" of the vibration and not the root cause of it.

drove down south 75 miles to go fishing today and its 70 mph the whole way so I was car sick by the time I got there from vibrating the whole way there.

Last edited by Webster; 09-08-14 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-08-14, 06:14 PM   #64
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
think you got mixed up there when I lost a comma or left out a word there somewhere lol

short wheel base and they were saying that's just how a short wheel (base) drives.

the short wheel base ride is opposite from the way you describe it, short base rides stiffer and so you feel more bumps, its more like a sports car feel and the long wheel base is the softer Cadillac ride. I loved my lwb truck soft ride (very first truck I owned) but I love the feel of the swb better, lwb give the smooth soft ride and swb gives you the bumpier more responsive feel and control.

im gonna drop it off in the morning to the local dealership and give them a try at fixing it so I can at least get my strike #4 for lemon law.

im sure its got to be something other then tires or even with idiot mechanics they should have fixed it after 3 different tire balances and he said he did a replacement swapped out the tires with another truck on the lot so if it was the tires it should have been fixed after all that. I think the tires were only "part" of the vibration and not the root cause of it.

drove down south 75 miles to go fishing today and its 70 mph the whole way so I was car sick by the time I got there from vibrating the whole way there.
Ya gotta love words that you think you're writing.
Parse brother parse.
You still must wonder what they swapped tires with. Was it another new truck or something hidden away in the back waiting to go to auction.

Good luck with round four. Keep your guard up.

Tomorrow never comes
Old 09-08-14, 09:19 PM   #65
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just checked that dealers used car lot and there are 5 brand new 2014 slverados all with around 4000 miles on them. and one gmc.

http://www.bestchevrolet.com/Vehicle...ch&search=used select 2014 trucks chevy and gmc

the other dealers also have a similar group on their lots as well, some more some less

I wonder if it just a strange coincidence ???? hmmm
Old 09-09-14, 02:43 PM   #66
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

just left the local dealer (different from where I bought it) for service #4 for vibration and he said its a known issue for "some" trucks and has another truck in the shop for the same issue but GM has no recommended fix for it so they will call me when they know how to fix it, otherwise they consider it "normal" to vibrate

UPDATE: lemon law claim has been submitted

Last edited by Webster; 09-09-14 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-12-14, 09:13 AM   #67
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

just heard from GM today, they are processing my complaint and will start gathering the dealership records on the repair attempts as well as have a GM rep ride in the truck with me to see the problem for himself.

from what I see on forums they always deny feeling it even if he is bouncing around so I expect my experience will be the same.

luckily from what i read, the GM rep report hasn't been a cause for them to deny any claims yet but I would guess at some point that may change when it starts costing them money to buy back large numbers of these trucks. right now I think it benefits they to quiet those who are complaining so they can continue to deny there is a problem.

I will only need a lawyer to argue with them if they try to deny the claim which I don't see where they have done that in any of these cases yet but will update when I get a result one way or the other
Old 09-12-14, 10:15 AM   #68
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Forward----->

Unto dawn.
Even if your butt is numb from the shaking.

Tomorrow never comes
Old 10-13-14, 07:40 PM   #69
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

update: GM mediator said flat spots on tires are not a warranty issue so they wont buy the truck back WTF flat spots?????????? she never even read the service tickets apparently because she has no clue what has or hasn't been done to the truck and just repeated what a service manager said about it on the phone and apparently he never read any of the service tickets either because they said rioht on them in the service dept own inspection that the problem was not flat spotted tires. it would be funny if this wasn't so serious.

anyway I did two videos to document the vibrations as I prepare to get a lawyer to take them to court and force them to buy it back.

Old 10-14-14, 08:11 AM   #70
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Great videos, should help in bringing about a successful outcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 08:11 PM   #71
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

UPDATE:

I got a lawyer and filed lemon law in civil court now that all required attempts to go through BBB without a resolution have been done. it will be 6-8 months before I expect to hear from anyone about the truck.

I bought a 1999 Tacoma truck that I love and am very happy with it. the chevy vibrating POS is parked collecting bird poop.

all BBB is there for is to get you a trade-in for another replacement vehicle, which will also be a vibrator so they arent there to get you your money back, that's what lawyers are for. I know a guy just did the trade in thing and had to go through 23 trucks before he finally found one that doesn't vibrate. I am also aware of some guys who have done the trade in only to have the new truck start vibrating after a few thousand miles and one guy is on his 5th truck, first replacement truck started vibrating at 8k miles, the second one at 10k miles and the third was at 12k miles so he thought he was making progress until the 4th one started vibrating at 5k miles. all 4 of his replacement trucks had no vibrations when he first got them and he changed nothing on them, they just all started vibrating after several thousands miles.

Last edited by Webster; 11-20-14 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-20-14, 08:28 PM   #72
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Just delivered my daughter to her new landlord in Santa Barbara and he is a just retired multi-shopowner mechanic of the first magnitude. I described your problem and showed the water cup videos to him and his response was swift and direct. The problem is NOT normal and lies in the 'gel isolator' (No one uses rubber) motor-mounts on the engine subframe as a manufacturing defect which needs to be addressed by a recall notice. Essentially the isolator(s) (motor mount) flaw has misaligned the engine, causing the vibration. The engine mounts need to be loosened; the mounts reformed or replaced, and the engine 'rejigged' to alleviate the slight but excruciating misalignment.. He said your being screwed by the dealer and he is the man to know.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 04:56 AM   #73
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Sorry to hear about your truck problems. My B-in-law just bought a Chevy/GM truck, I'll have to see if he is having these issues.
Did he buy a short wheel base?

Tomorrow never comes
Old 11-23-14, 03:46 PM   #74
swamprat69er
Aceydeucy

Downloads: 11

I have had/owned 4 SWB pickups and have NEVER had the BS you are going through.

We the willing, led by the unsure, have done so much with so little, for so long, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
swamprat69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 02:55 PM   #75
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well just a little update (or lack there of lol)

I filed civil lawsuit claiming lemon law at the end of October and just last week I finally received a reply from gm requesting this info:

my name address and soc sec number?
date and place of birth?
age and marital status?
what was my credit rating?
what interest rate did I get?
who did I finance it with?
how much are my monthly notes?
how much is my insurance each month?
was the vehicle bought for work or personal use?
how much was the total cost after financing?
what type of vehicle did I buy from GM?
was the vehicle I bought from GM the one I have complaints about?
did I bring the vehicle in to have these issues addressed?
did I attempt to do any repairs or make any modifications to the vehicle myself or by others?
what year is the vehicle?
what is the vin number, mileage, and equipt on the vehicle?
what color is the vehicle?
do I like the looks and interior comfort of my new GM vehicle?
what seams to be my complaint about the vehicle?
what dealerships worked on the truck and their phone number and address?
what are the names, titles, and employee number, of every person who discussed, helped, or was in any way related to discussions or actual repairs related to, or directly done to or on my vehicle?
what is the name, soc sec number, personal phone number, and personal address of each employee who had any involvement in the repairs weather directly or indirectly?

so in short, they wanted to know everything that was on the paper they had in their hand while reading it to send me these questions

and then how in the hell can I answer the last 3 questions? and if I could, wouldn't I be guilty of some sort of a crime to have all that personal info on all of their employees?

now that it only took them 4 months to reply with this stupidity of information request, so I can imagine it will be another 4 months and i'll get an equally redundant and senseless request for more information they already have.

the lawyer says this is normal and its up to them if they want to be jerks about it and how hard they want to make the process so it may be the end of the year before they settle and refund my money.

Tags
cars, chevy, pickups, trucks