SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-21-16, 02:15 PM   #1
AdamDizzy
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Question about 1920s era subs.

I was wondering if somebody could see about creating a mod that will make it so you can have a choice of two different types of S class submarines, the class with 4 tubes forward, and the members of the class that had the extra tube in the stern. I would love to have the latter at the very least, because it would be super helpful in missions when i have targets ahead of me and astern of me.

I was also wondering if there is somebody who may be able to create a mod that will allow O class(armed with 18in torpedoes, which would also need to be modded into the game) and R class submarines, which did exist during ww2 with the O class serving as training boats and R class also serving in that role though several made Atlantic coastal patrols against U-boats through 1942, though they did not have any success. 3 R boats were even sent to the Royal navy. I would very much like to see these old boats in the game so i can see how they would have been if they were in the pacific theater, either based in the Philippines or from the east coast of Australia like the S boats. Please let me know of any information regarding these proposals, and i will be happy to help in any way i can.
AdamDizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 12:23 PM   #2
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Many years ago I did some research on the S-class because I was curious too. I think I found that the correct S-boats - the boats that saw service in the Pacific during WW II are in SH4. I used 'Silent Victory' and DANFS (online website) as my sources.

You would need 3d modeling skills to build the old R & O class boats, that as you say were only used as training subs by the US.

We very were lucky that Team Keltos built the V-class NARWHAL bonus mod. If you could somehow build the models of the 20's boats you want, I suggest you study the NARWHAL bonus mod to see how he did it. That would be a big project... interesting idea, way beyond me, plus I don't have the software.

Welcome, AdamDizzy, and Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 09:22 AM   #3
AdamDizzy
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

unfortunately, neither do I have the skills or software for such a mod.
AdamDizzy is offline   Reply With Quote