SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-09, 02:54 PM   #106
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeagle View Post
GREAT piece of art

I played the Bismarck mission with Scharnhorst. both, POW and Nelson were badly damaged (starboard side all black and 2nd artillery on fire), but i could not sink one of them 'till I was out of ammo on primary and secondary artillerie!
I'll try again

It seems like i can't play any other mission than Bismarck. I tried again a convoy-mission and ended up with the stuck loading bar again

I found out that i have to wait more than 10 minutes, than it finally will start. At least the Alexandria-mission (Barham) worked like that.
But the Scharnhorst is not powerfull enough to sink one of the Revenge-class ships.

I keep having the same problem. I can hammer the enemy ships to death but it doesn't seem to have much affect other than a few fires and the entire ship being black from holes they just steam right on without so much as a list!

Anything bigger than the Hood is unsinkable without topedo's it seems no matter how many shells I land I always run out of main gun ammo.
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 04:36 PM   #107
Von Talon
A-ganger

Downloads: 67
Default Accurate shooting

A enemy destroyer was attacking me (Bismarck). I decided to decimate the enemy with a single broadside. So I holded my fire, and when the destroyer was about 1000 meters from me, I ordered: "Feuer Frei!". There was a huge bang, and armor piercing shells were on their way to target. But only couple hit the destroyer. Rest of the shells missed. I was like: OMFG! SHES 1000 METERS AWAY HOW YOU CAN MISS tHAT!LLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOO!!!!!!1!11

Could you increase the accuracy a "little bit"?
Old 10-17-09, 05:12 PM   #108
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige View Post
I keep having the same problem. I can hammer the enemy ships to death but it doesn't seem to have much affect other than a few fires and the entire ship being black from holes they just steam right on without so much as a list!

Anything bigger than the Hood is unsinkable without topedo's it seems no matter how many shells I land I always run out of main gun ammo.
This is not a problem only the truth about the Scharnhorst just do not penetrate the armor of sides such as HMS Hood, HMS NELSON, and similar battleship Scharnhorst is because the caliber of 280 mm does not pierce the sides of battleships of the above but I'm also good news, you can buy works Scharnhorst 380 mm

but unfortunately it only works in career
but they are cool with Chinese U-47

and remember that a single mission to edit and set the depth of your ship is best at "0 m" is signed "Height (M)
otherwise may not operate some elements of the ship or worse at the start you can go to the bottom

Last edited by Lipud U-107; 10-17-09 at 05:35 PM.
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 07:17 PM   #109
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

Actually It was with the Duetschland class pocket battleship (Graf Spee) That I could not destroy the Hood. Scharnhorst has the same 11" guns as the Spee?

Well I did Upgrade the guns once I got the Scharnhorst so now I am looking for a fight!

My problem is no radar and I am already well into 1940 in my career.
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 08:21 AM   #110
Redeagle
Sailor man

Downloads: 1

The accuracy is quite good in my eyes. It's realistic, but not too bad as in Fighting Steel (Bismarck vs 3 destroyers and i lost because i did not score a single hit with the whole magazin being shot and the secondary artillery also).
I can sink all ships in that mission with Bismarck in less than 15 minutes. Scharnhorst has no chance to sink a BB. Indeed, the BC-class ships had order to avoid fighting BBs

In fact, you are more or less right with the firepower. BUT, as Chinese posted earlier, that amount of realism is not part of SH. It's just an amount of damage per shell and an amount of hitpoints on a target. That's what i understood; I may be wrong
The Scharnhorst sinks a destroyer with a single hit of one of the triple turrets (i controlled that turret).
I found out, that if I contorl it myself and get out of ammo, i leave the turret, the turret starts firing again and when i re-enter, i got a full magazine

Besides, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau sunk HMS Glorious scoring the farest hit ever of a ship-artillery. (lucky accuracy i guess)
http://www.warship.org/no11994.htm
Battlereport (german): http://www.schlachtschiff.com/kriegs...ation_juno.asp
Redeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 04:22 PM   #111
Leon1980
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

hello all, great work u-47!

but.. i tried to download the wsm3.0 for gwx3.0, but the link dont works..
any alternative links?

thanks
Leon1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 06:01 PM   #112
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

You should really add SHMF to your favorites...

I suppose this is what you need?
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=296.0

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 02:39 AM   #113
Leon1980
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Thank u very much!
Leon1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 07:32 AM   #114
Russian sailor
Watch

Downloads: 57
Default My first post. =)))

Well done!
This is the best mod.
Sorry, but you have not tried to increase the height of the water column, with the fall of the projectile that looked like the explosion in the torpedo hit.

Sorry of my English! =))))

As on this picture.
Russian sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 04:09 PM   #115
Redeagle
Sailor man

Downloads: 1

or like here (i fear chinese can't watch) in this vid
Redeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 06:09 PM   #116
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeagle View Post
or like here (i fear chinese can't watch) in this vid
Did I see a crew membe with a rocket launcher at 2:47? I wish I had those on board.
Commander Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 10:48 PM   #117
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian sailor View Post
Well done!
This is the best mod.
Sorry, but you have not tried to increase the height of the water column, with the fall of the projectile that looked like the explosion in the torpedo hit.

Sorry of my English! =))))

As on this picture.

Do I see a new member? Welcome aboard!

Neal
SUBSIM
Old 11-03-09, 08:03 AM   #118
Lipud U-107
Ensign

http://www.filefront.com/14689421/Ship-pack-1.zip/

this link dead plx new

I have a question for you guys as I mod you use WSM 3.0 is the distance from which you fire to enemy ships, and if you fire salvo?
Old 11-03-09, 10:34 AM   #119
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23

I tried out the Deutschland-class BB and had some serious problems with spotting. I was coming through the Kattegat (after spending about 30 minutes trying to maneuver her out of her berth at Kiel - big ships are not as nimble as my old Type VIIB!) and in clear skies and calm seas my crew didn't detect a neutral Danish medium freighter until it was about 200m off my port beam. I looked out the bridge view and saw another Danish coastal freighter just aft of the first freighter that hadn't even been spotted - it couldn't have been more than 400m from my ship!

Anyone else experienced this? I've also tried the early destroyer, but didn't make any contact with the enemy on my first patrol (though it seemed to have no problem spotting things in Wilhelmshaven).
hellfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 11:22 AM   #120
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfish6 View Post
I tried out the Deutschland-class BB and had some serious problems with spotting. I was coming through the Kattegat (after spending about 30 minutes trying to maneuver her out of her berth at Kiel - big ships are not as nimble as my old Type VIIB!) and in clear skies and calm seas my crew didn't detect a neutral Danish medium freighter until it was about 200m off my port beam. I looked out the bridge view and saw another Danish coastal freighter just aft of the first freighter that hadn't even been spotted - it couldn't have been more than 400m from my ship!

Anyone else experienced this? I've also tried the early destroyer, but didn't make any contact with the enemy on my first patrol (though it seemed to have no problem spotting things in Wilhelmshaven).

I have the same problem when I was sailing Bismarck is my crew is not able to see Catalina was only when I started to shoot it but when I saw it was a destroyer sailed oki think that this problem tartar that obscures the view of observers of the superstructure on the bridge, unfortunately vessels often do not see