Old 02-14-19, 01:05 AM   #1
harryhh
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default H3 ANW dipping sonar question.

Hello Folks,

I've dusted off my H3 ANW v3.7.0.

When you manually launch a helo with dipping sonar and set waypoints, there was a way to cause the helo to pause at each waypoint and use it's dipping sonar before continuing on to the next. Unfortunately, I can't remember how to do this.

I also used to play Harpoon 2 Admarils Edition and I don't recall in which game you could do this but, I assume both. I had been playing Harpoon for some time when I came across this tip/trick, but haven't been able to find it again anywhere on the net.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Harry
harryhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 01:27 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

harryhh!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 09:30 PM   #3
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhh View Post
When you manually launch a helo with dipping sonar and set waypoints, there was a way to cause the helo to pause at each waypoint and use it's dipping sonar before continuing on to the next. Unfortunately, I can't remember how to do this.

I also used to play Harpoon 2 Admarils Edition and I don't recall in which game you could do this but, I assume both. I had been playing Harpoon for some time when I came across this tip/trick, but haven't been able to find it again anywhere on the net.

Anyone know how to do this?
There are probably a few different ways you can get your helo to dip the sonar. You have launched the helo and it should appear on the map at Low altitude (101m) in Hover mode (0 knots).

Order the helo to drop down to VLow altitude (10m). (Be certain your helo actually HAS active sonar capability! ) The active sonar should activate automatically. If it does not, hit F9 and turn on the sonar.

Now, plot a path and waypoints for your helo.

Click on one of the waypoints to make it active.

Hit F2 to bring up the "Set Speed/Alt" menu and order the helo to hover at VLow altitude for the waypoint. When the helo reaches the waypoint, it will now hover and the sonar should go active. (You must manually order it to change speed in order for it to fly away from the waypoint.)

Under the Settings pull-down menu, select the "Edit Way Pt Orders" command if you wish to delete the Set Speed command for the waypoint.

Hope this explanation is sufficiently clear. If you need further details, post your request to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnK...E7GlVrlW0D82gg and a complete video can be made to answer your question(s).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edit WayPoint Orders.jpg (15.5 KB, 8 views)

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dipping sonar, waypoints