SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-10, 07:30 PM   #226
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybaGirl View Post
I noticed this behavior last night. But I do not have any of the mods you have installed nor do I have Living Silent Hunter III installed.

I do have other mods installed though.

So maybe it's a bug within SH3 itself?
Hello CybaGirl,

yes, i guess it is a "standard" bug of SH3.

But due to the fact, that within LSH3 more objects are changed to land units, it will occure a bit more often.

Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 03:30 AM   #227
Corsair
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 51

That's an old bug of SH3. It has been solved by the NYGM and GWX teams, but I don't know how. Try to contact Rubini or Stiebler from NYGM.

NYGM 3.4A / Living SH3 V5.1 + SH3 Commander
Corsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 04:36 PM   #228
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
That's an old bug of SH3. It has been solved by the NYGM and GWX teams, but I don't know how. Try to contact Rubini or Stiebler from NYGM.
Hello Corsair,

thanks for the hint, mate! I'll do.

Blueduck
Old 05-02-10, 04:28 PM   #229
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Am I the only one with this occurance?

I wanted to start a carreer before the war. I followed the instructions in the manual: I left the Erprobungsstelle and received the radio message to come back in order to be send to Wilhelmshaven. Unfortunately on the flotilla select screen back in base I could not choose Wilhelmshaven. The flotilla was there but when I clicked it, the "Versetzung beantragen" button did not appear. It only became available when I clicked on "Erprobungsstelle". However, I did not click it then - because the Erprobungsstelle was where I came from, right - but left everything the way it was. When starting the next patrol a message popped up, telling me my new base would be Wilhelmshaven. Alright, I thought, everything's fine - but when the game finished loading I find my boat in the gulf of guinea. The next radio message orders me to AM 18 as announced in the manual.

What did I do something wrong?
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 03:07 PM   #230
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook View Post
Am I the only one with this occurance?

I wanted to start a carreer before the war. I followed the instructions in the manual: I left the Erprobungsstelle and received the radio message to come back in order to be send to Wilhelmshaven. Unfortunately on the flotilla select screen back in base I could not choose Wilhelmshaven. The flotilla was there but when I clicked it, the "Versetzung beantragen" button did not appear. It only became available when I clicked on "Erprobungsstelle". However, I did not click it then - because the Erprobungsstelle was where I came from, right - but left everything the way it was. When starting the next patrol a message popped up, telling me my new base would be Wilhelmshaven. Alright, I thought, everything's fine - but when the game finished loading I find my boat in the gulf of guinea. The next radio message orders me to AM 18 as announced in the manual.

What did I do something wrong?
Hello Kaleun Cook,

did you improve your U-Boat before leaving the Erprobungsstelle?
This often leads to an uncorrcet behaviour within the transfer module.

Furthermore you will have to return to Stralsund until "04.08.39 Uhrzeitgruppe 1200".

Have a look at page 7 of the manual concerning the passage "Apply for Transfer" ("Versetzung" in german).

If you still do have difficulties please post again or send me an e-mail and tell me the order of the activated MODs.

Greetz Blueduck
Old 05-04-10, 05:03 PM   #231
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Quote:
did you improve your U-Boat before leaving the Erprobungsstelle?
This often leads to an uncorrcet behaviour within the transfer module.
This might have been the problem - could be that I changed for the better hydrophone before the first patrol from Stralsund. Thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try!

The date definitely wasn't the problem, I was back in port on the 2nd already just to be sure. The transfer screen acted as described until the 4th, when all three flotillas became available.
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 11:24 AM   #232
Of the deep end
Nub

Downloads: 7
The mod is excellent, exactly how I want to play SH3.

It was difficult to download with the download dropping about halfway through each file, but I found a way around that problem.

1. The file should be 200mb but is only 95mb, for example. Move it to your desktop and rename it to add a '.part' to the end of the file name.
2. Go to the website and re-download the file. Once it starts to download pause the download.
3. In the folder you just chose to save the download should be two files. One is called 'thefilename' the other is called 'thefilename.part'. Delete the one with the '.part' extension.
4. Move the file you placed on your desktop in step 1 back into the folder.
5. Now when you resume the download it should start from 95mb (for example) instead of you having to start from zero every time the download ends prematurely. If it drops out again just repeat the process.

I checked all the files' integrity and didn't have any that were corrupt.
Of the deep end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 03:58 PM   #233
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of the deep end View Post
The mod is excellent, exactly how I want to play SH3.

It was difficult to download with the download dropping about halfway through each file, but I found a way around that problem.
Hello Of the deep end,

there is just a much easier way to get the files:
JUST ASK ME! (PN or E-Mail)

In fact our server disconnects all downloads within one hour.
This is not a very good service, but the cheapest one we could deal with.
As far as I remember this one hour starts nearly a few minutes after each full hour. So it is a good try to start each DL one or two minutes afterwards.

Blueduck
Old 05-12-10, 02:40 PM   #234
Rosencrantz
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78

Hello,

and congratulations, LSH team, for the very promissing looking mod! I'm new to LSH, and just making my first test runs from Erprobungstelle Kiel. So far I have run into two questions:

1. I'm using the OLC GUI which came with the mod pack. However, I couldn't find any manual releated to OLC GUI, so I'm not sure about what zooms are used in this version of the GUI. (And what is the version used in LSH3V5? I assume it's some of the older versions, as there is zoom in the first place...) I think attack scope is 1,5x/6x, and observations scope is probably 1x/6x, but I'm not sure about this. And how about UZO, is it a "six or seven timer" also (6x or 7x)? Obs. scope looks more like a 10x, but I think this might be because it's bigger.

2. My first test run last night went almost ok; I departed Stralsund with IIA Type, approached the area east of Bornholm, took out two target ships, and set course back to the base. Everything went very well until I aproached Stralsund at TC 128 in the foul weather - got CTD while I was just about to run in to the bay through the NW channel. I was too stupid (and pxxxed off) so I didn't wait Windows to collect data and report. However, rig I run the game is pretty fine, and there was no problem in running the game with LSH before CTD. So, is there some known issues with SH3, LSH, or Erprobungstelle Kiel, which could have caused CTD? I'm asking this, because usually SH3 has been pretty stable at least to me.

Greetings,
-RC-
Rosencrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 03:34 PM   #235
blueduck
Commander

Hello Rosencrantz,

nice to read, that you take a look at LSH3V5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
1. I'm using the OLC GUI which came with the mod pack. However, I couldn't find any manual releated to OLC GUI, so I'm not sure about what zooms are used in this version of the GUI. (And what is the version used in LSH3V5? I assume it's some of the older versions, as there is zoom in the first place...) I think attack scope is 1,5x/6x, and observations scope is probably 1x/6x, but I'm not sure about this. And how about UZO, is it a "six or seven timer" also (6x or 7x)? Obs. scope looks more like a 10x, but I think this might be because it's bigger.
Sorry, but at the moment there is no LSH3-manual for the OLC-GUI available. I'll lead your questions to our OLC-GUI-Expert who will be able to answer them.

Quote:
2. My first test run last night went almost ok; I departed Stralsund with IIA Type, approached the area east of Bornholm, took out two target ships, and set course back to the base. Everything went very well until I aproached Stralsund at TC 128 in the foul weather - got CTD while I was just about to run in to the bay through the NW channel. I was too stupid (and pxxxed off) so I didn't wait Windows to collect data and report. However, rig I run the game is pretty fine, and there was no problem in running the game with LSH before CTD. So, is there some known issues with SH3, LSH, or Erprobungstelle Kiel, which could have caused CTD? I'm asking this, because usually SH3 has been pretty stable at least to me.
There are no known issues concerning CTD when returning to Stralsund from the test run.
Except that one, that you MUST NOT equip your U-Boat BEFORE you leave for the first test run.

Which MODs do you have activated?

Regards Blueduck
Old 05-13-10, 06:39 AM   #236
Rosencrantz
Grey Wolf

Hello blueduck!

And thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated! My current mod list looks like this, all came with LSH35V package:

LSH3 V5
OLC GUI
Dunkless erkennungshandbuch
Type II dials
Schiffshorn mod
Spezialeffekte-Gross
Sinkverhalten

Mods are activated in this order via JSGME.

I was avare of "no-new-equipment-to-the-sub-before-1st-patrol" rule, so I didn't not do any changes to the boat. However, I made some changes in my crew, so maybe it was that what messed up things. (Done that before with no problems...)

However, last night I managet to return to base after 12 hours patrol 30 nm of the base (left one day and returned the other). New problem occured after I asked transfer to Wilhelmshaven. After loading the game again Startpunkt was marked "NULL", and I found myself on the land, west England, near Irish Sea...

Next thing I'll try is leaving Erprobungstelle Kiel making NO changes at all to the boat or crew. My only question this time is, is it mandatory to go for and sink those two target ships before returning to the base for transfer? If not, I'll make just a short two days patrol near Stralsund.

And again, thanks for the help!

Greetings,
-RC-
Old 05-13-10, 06:54 AM   #237
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
Hello blueduck!

And thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated! My current mod list looks like this, all came with LSH35V package:

LSH3 V5
OLC GUI
Dunkless erkennungshandbuch
Type II dials
Schiffshorn mod
Spezialeffekte-Gross
Sinkverhalten

Mods are activated in this order via JSGME.

I was avare of "no-new-equipment-to-the-sub-before-1st-patrol" rule, so I didn't not do any changes to the boat. However, I made some changes in my crew, so maybe it was that what messed up things. (Done that before with no problems...)

However, last night I managet to return to base after 12 hours patrol 30 nm of the base (left one day and returned the other). New problem occured after I asked transfer to Wilhelmshaven. After loading the game again Startpunkt was marked "NULL", and I found myself on the land, west England, near Irish Sea...

Next thing I'll try is leaving Erprobungstelle Kiel making NO changes at all to the boat or crew. My only question this time is, is it mandatory to go for and sink those two target ships before returning to the base for transfer? If not, I'll make just a short two days patrol near Stralsund.

And again, thanks for the help!

Greetings,
-RC-
Hello Rosencrantz,

I guess you are driving too fast for LSh3V5.

The radio message on leaving says: "... Approach with 9 knots to target. Attack and sink ships with torpedoes. ..."

There is a second message sent on Aug-2-39: "... Return to Stralsund until August, 4th 1939 at 12:00 h. Transfer to the 2nd Flotilla to Wilhelmshaven. ..."

Mabe you give this a try.

Cheers
Blueduck
Old 05-13-10, 07:45 AM   #238
Rosencrantz
Grey Wolf

Hello again, blueduck!

This time I was REALLY fast, but actually LSH3V5 seems to like it. What I did (just to gain experience):

1. Started new career via Commander, Erprobungstelle Kiel
2. Loaded game with no changes in crew or equipment
3. "Returned" to base without ever leaving berth (pier)
4. Asked transfer to Wilhelmshaven
5. Loaded second patrol at once, without departing/loading SH3 again
6. VOILA, found myself at Wilhelmshaven with no problems at all.

So, I did more than one thing against "the book" (rules), but I think this might work just fine. Made only short run out of berth (harbour and locks looks SOOOO nice I can't tell you) to Jadebucht, and returned to base.

I'll do everything once again, and if all goes without problems, I'll head to my first test/training patrol today in real life. I'll report you how it'll go.

Thank you for your assistance, and if someone could just make basic OLC GUI information availible, I'm sure many of us would appreaciate it a lot.

Greetings,
-RC- with enthusiasm and exitment
Old 05-13-10, 10:06 AM   #239
Rosencrantz
Grey Wolf

Hello again, blueduck!

I managet to do it again, i.e. transfer from Stralsund to Wilhelmshaven using the very same means I told you in my previous post. However, while making more test runs in Jadebucht, I think I located a funny mistake in Angriffscheibe's build up. Angriffscheibe seems to show right (or at least acpetable) submarine's own course only if the sub is heading to the North, South, West, or East. BUT if you take any other course than those mentioned, Angriffscheibe seems to be turning into wrong direction. Even if it's easier to test and see, I try to explain (can't send a screenshot).

1. Assume you are running on straight course 090T. Angriffscheibe show your course and countercourse 090T/270T.
2. Turn slow to the right on course 135T, and you'll see how Angriffscheibe turns also to the right. However, because of how the Angriffscheibe is build up, it'll end up to show course 225T/045T. Why the Angriffscheibe show right courses if you are running to the North, South, West, or East, is also easy to understand by testing. Reason is in it's build up.
3. If you turn more to the right, to the course 180T, the Angriffschebe will again turn with you, but to the wrong direction 225T... 224T... 223T, until it again end up to show "right" course and counter course 000T/180T. And if you turn now 1 degree to the right, to the course 181T, the Angriffscheibe will show 359T/179T. And at 45 degrees angles (045T, 135T, 225T, and 315T) Angriffscheibe is always 90 degrees off.

Conclusion:

In the Angriffscheibe either a) a wrong plate (B-plate, counting plates from outside to the inside direction) is turning, or b) B-plate is turning to the wrong direction. I think I have seen some Angriffscheibe were the A-plate (the utermost one) was the turning plate (+ of course rotators used by the player.)

I don't believe this is caused by the wrong or inproper installation of the mod, because the problem is too logic. So I'm quite positive there is something wrong in the original build up. However, now the Angriffscheibe is pretty much useless if you are running in any other courses than those four i mentioned, while making observations and calculations.

Greetings,
-RC-

Last edited by Rosencrantz; 05-13-10 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-13-10, 01:22 PM   #240
blueduck
Commander

Hello Rosencrantz,

I did have a quick look at the Angriffsscheibe, but as far as I have seen and understood the Angriffsscheibe the courses are correct.

Allthough I will give your question to our OLC-GUI-Expert.

Cheers Blueduck