SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-09-10, 12:21 PM   #121
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Thanks!

Does any up-to-date English translation for BTB version 1.03 exist? I noticed sergei's English Weapons Data mod does not work with BTB 1.03.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 03:06 PM   #122
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
Thanks!

Does any up-to-date English translation for BTB version 1.03 exist? I noticed sergei's English Weapons Data mod does not work with BTB 1.03.
Is not present while only in Russian but we will soon do and in English
It does not work because the new torpedo 53-39 high-speed is added.
Old 07-09-10, 03:11 PM   #123
Gorshkov
Commodore

OK, so I will be waiting impatiently!
Old 07-09-10, 03:28 PM   #124
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei View Post
Yeah - Im having this problem.
I used an online translation service to translate the Battle for the Baltic readme into English.
It reads a bit funny, but is understandable.
Gives good info on flotillas, subs, minefield locations etc.
Armed with this knowledge I'm going to go back and try and get to my patrol area.
The English readme is here if anyone is interested.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1480

I'm am working to translate the mission orders into English at the moment.
But I don't speek Russian so it is slow work.
Probably going to take a few days.

Many thanks to the team that made this mod. Very interesting, I'm really enjoying it. Good work BFTB team
I/we appreciate the extra effort on the readme file. Luck in the mines !
Old 07-15-10, 07:02 PM   #125
Gorshkov
Commodore

If you want to add some new WW2-era Soviet subs to this mod think about:

- Leninets-class
- Pravda-class
- Katyusha-class

All of them served in the Baltic Fleet during the war.

PS. How wide was access to 53-39 and ET-80 torpedoes during the war? Weren't they only some kind of propaganda weapon while Soviet subs carried only torps of 53-38 type?

Well I also found this data:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naval Institute guide to world naval weapons systems

Torpedoes of 53-38/-38U/-39/-39PM family

- dimensions: 533x7200 mm
- weight: 1615 kg
- speed/range: 44.5 kt/4 km, 34.5 kt/8 km, 30.5 kt/10 km
- warhead: 300 kg

These were standard surface and submarine air-steam torpedoes in service at the outbreak of World War II. They were exported postwar and their successors survive, probably on board Romeo- and Foxtrot-class submarines. They also formed the basis of the first Chinese-made torpedoes. Data above are for 53-38. Running depth was 5-13 m.

The 53-38U was an improved version:

- dimensions: 533x7450 mm
- weight: 1725 kg
- warhead: 400 kg

The improved 53-39 entered service in July 1941. It had a more powerful engine and increased air and fuel (kerosene) capacity, and a new MO-3 gyro adjustable for angled fire (0 to 90 deg port or starboard). Data:

- dimensions: 533x7488 mm
- weight: 1780 kg
- speed/range: 51 kt/4 km, 39 kt/8 km, 34 kt/10 km
- warhead: 317 kg

Among several major wartime modifications a magnetic proximity fuze (NVS) entered operational service about 1943.

The 53-39PM (which entered service 1949) was a pattern-running version, probably based on the wartime German FAT.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-18-10 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-18-10, 11:44 AM   #126
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Thanks!

I've been having a crack at translating the mission orders for my own use. I've also decided to be utterly bonkers and have a go at translating the messages.

The mission orders took me a fortnight, on and off, so I dread to think how long it'll take me to do the message traffic!!!!

I've gone through the sub .upc files and translated them as well.

I also have a few questions for the BfB team:

How common was the fitting of active sound gear (the Type-129W ASDIC set), and when was it first fitted to a sub in the Baltic?

Similarly the Type-291 Radar set?

Also was the MARS hydrophone gear upgraded as the war progressed (MARS-12 to MARS-16 for example)?

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 12:03 PM   #127
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
I've been having a crack at translating the mission orders for my own use. I've also decided to be utterly bonkers and have a go at translating the messages.

The mission orders took me a fortnight, on and off, so I dread to think how long it'll take me to do the message traffic!!!!

I've gone through the sub .upc files and translated them as well.

I also have a few questions for the BfB team:

How common was the fitting of active sound gear (the Type-129W ASDIC set), and when was it first fitted to a sub in the Baltic?

Similarly the Type-291 Radar set?

Also was the MARS hydrophone gear upgraded as the war progressed (MARS-12 to MARS-16 for example)?

Mike.
I answer the Hydrolocator 129W it was applied from 44th year and not by all boats basically on the K-class and the S-class and on some L-class. Type-291 the radar stood on the British U-class.

And basic there were hydrolocators Mars-8 and Mars-12 and still some updatings but in an individual variant.

New texture: SH-V bis

New texture: SH-V bis-2

New texture: M-class
Old 07-18-10, 12:39 PM   #128
Gorshkov
Commodore

- Any chance to get active sonar upgrades in BFB campaign? I noticed there is no sonar/radar slots in the game.

- Did U-class subs serve in the Baltic Fleet?

PS. After adding U-class sub to the BfB mod weapon selection became screwed-up. No 53-39 torps and mines are present, remaining weapons turned to be very cheap.
Old 07-18-10, 01:54 PM   #129
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Quote:
- Any chance to get active sonar upgrades in BFB campaign? I noticed there is no sonar/radar slots in the game.

- Did U-class subs serve in the Baltic Fleet?

PS. After adding U-class sub to the BfB mod weapon selection became screwed-up. No 53-39 torps and mines are present, remaining weapons turned to be very cheap.
The chance to receive an active hydrolocator, at you will not be, as fashions is based on real events, and in the Navy of their USSR it was not simple. The radar to appear somewhere since 43.

U-class served on Northern fleet since March, 44th. I have given it it will not be simple to try in its Baltic.

Torpedoes 53-39 will be expensive as were used incidentally as well as torpedoes 53-38U with intensifying боезарядом. The basic torpedoes will be 45-36NU and 53-38.
Old 07-18-10, 02:41 PM   #130
Gorshkov
Commodore

- Is 450 mm 45-36 universal torpedo accessible for Soviet subs in BfB? What about ET-80 electric fish?

- OK, I give-up using U-class sub in the Battle for Baltic if it is not historically accurate.

- Do you know anything about real Soviet subs targeting method and equipment? This American TDC in your mod is not realistic of course.
Old 07-18-10, 03:01 PM   #131
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Quote:
- Is 450 mm 45-36 universal torpedo accessible for Soviet subs in BfB? What about ET-80 electric fish?
45-36 soon will, as them was much, in the Navy of the USSR, and torpedo ЕТ-80, is the first electro-torpedo was applied about 43 years

Quote:
- Do you know anything about real Soviet subs targeting method and equipment? This American TDC in your mod is not realistic of course.
About the Soviet boats, I know almost everything, have many books, and drawings, photos. TDC will vary but already in Adon.
Old 07-18-10, 03:21 PM   #132
Gorshkov
Commodore

- So you plan do make next version of BfB?

- What kind of TDC was present on-board Soviet subs during the war?
Old 07-18-10, 03:29 PM   #133
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmanandre View Post
I answer the Hydrolocator 129W it was applied from 44th year and not by all boats basically on the K-class and the S-class and on some L-class. Type-291 the radar stood on the British U-class.

And basic there were hydrolocators Mars-8 and Mars-12 and still some updatings but in an individual variant.
Thanks, Hotmanandre!

So, ASDIC on only a few, then. When in 1944 was the first boat fitted with a set? I'd already enabled it as an upgrade from late '44. I'd made it very expensive in renown to reflect it's rarity.

With regards to the MARS equipment, were the boats upgraded as time went on? Or did individual boats soldier through the entire war with the same type of set it had at the start of the war?

Nice skins!

I look forward to them when their available!

I've developed a soft spot for Shch type, so having two variants is great! Are there any plans to do the Series X? Or was that more common in the Northern/Black Sea Fleets than the Baltic?

One thing that's driving me nuts is the lack of good information in English! Relying on a translator means I miss a proper understanding of some of the more technical terms.

Oh, I'm not sure if the BfB team is aware of this, but the German Type 39 torpedo boat does somersaults through the air when you torpedo it!!! Very funny to see, but I get a CTD not long after sinking one.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 03:38 PM   #134
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
Thanks, Hotmanandre!

So, ASDIC on only a few, then. When in 1944 was the first boat fitted with a set? I'd already enabled it as an upgrade from late '44. I'd made it very expensive in renown to reflect it's rarity.

With regards to the MARS equipment, were the boats upgraded as time went on? Or did individual boats soldier through the entire war with the same type of set it had at the start of the war?

Nice skins!

I look forward to them when their available!

I've developed a soft spot for Shch type, so having two variants is great! Are there any plans to do the Series X? Or was that more common in the Northern/Black Sea Fleets than the Baltic?

One thing that's driving me nuts is the lack of good information in English! Relying on a translator means I miss a proper understanding of some of the more technical terms.

Oh, I'm not sure if the BfB team is aware of this, but the German Type 39 torpedo boat does somersaults through the air when you torpedo it!!! Very funny to see, but I get a CTD not long after sinking one.

Mike.
Work boils will be and SH-X series in general is planned all classes of the Soviet submarines. Now there is a work on Northern theatre of operations and after Black sea and then we will gather all in one big Adon!!!
Old 07-19-10, 02:54 PM   #135
Gorshkov
Commodore

Can I play US subs on Baltic and Soviet subs on Pacific in campaign mode?