SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-17, 10:37 PM   #1
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0
Default Russian Campaign graphics bugger

This one is driving me crazy. I can't figure it out:

Nothing I try works but I don't really have the experience to work with stuff like this. It's frustrating as heck. I dunno if it's just something missing in the files or a incompatibility with v1.08c.

Anyone else run across this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

"CC"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 05:34 PM   #2
XrayActual
Nub

Downloads: 3

Yea I had the same problem. However now the problem also spilled over into other mods. The menu looks the same all white and blurry and some of my sub's textures are ****ed up.

The rudder and other fins no longer align with the hull and such.
If any one knows an answer please let me know.
XrayActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 05:59 PM   #3
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Was the game updated with this mod in place? I know for other mods I've had installed, I've had to reinstall the mod to fix some problems like this. Another thing is it could just be broken by the new patch and has yet to be resolved.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-17, 06:08 PM   #4
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Was the game updated with this mod in place? I know for other mods I've had installed, I've had to reinstall the mod to fix some problems like this. Another thing is it could just be broken by the new patch and has yet to be resolved.

I think it was the time v1.08c was released. The only thing is I don't remember for sure which mod I had installed at the time. I switch off and play three different mods. I have all the override folders in the same place, I just rename them when I want to activate a different mod. I do this because I couldn't get JSGME to work for some reason.
Old 11-17-17, 07:36 PM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I have experienced similar helm errors, they went away after restarting a fresh campaign. It's because you use a savegame from a previous game version.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-17, 03:10 AM   #6
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

I've decided to stop trying to fix the Soviet campaign and just use the others I have. Instead I'm gonna wait and see if Killerfish Games releases their own Soviet campaign with the other DLC they said they were going to try to release by the very end of the year. Nothing I've tried works and no one else seems to have any idea what is causing this.

The only other option I see is that for some players the mod is just broken with v1.08c of the game, though that doesn't sound entirely right. If the game has issues with v1.08c, shouldn't that mean any player using that version of the game would be affected? I know with so many different computers out there anything is possible.

I know I had this mod working with v1.07, then I wake up one day with a new version of the game and a busted mod. If I remember correctly this mod was made when we we're running v1.03 of the game, so maybe it's time for a little housecleaning. I dunno what else to suggest....this one was a "cheeky bugger". Maybe the modmaker will find something, who knows.

Thanks for the help with this one guys! Always appreciated!
Old 11-29-17, 10:54 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

A possible solution for the grafic bug is to take the necessary files from a mod where the display of the hud elements is ok, like in the mod 'New subs are more'.
I think the right parameters for the current game version are located and can be edited in the override\hud\default.txt file and the pictures in the default folder.
At least, I would start from here and see if it corrects the problem. It's of course cumbersome to do, but nowhere it's written that only the mod authors should do the work...

In the default.txt file here is what you want to check and see if all png's are in the default folder:

[Tubes]
TorpedoTubeSelected=hud/default/tube_selected.png
TorpedoTubeUnselected=hud/default/tube_unselected.png
TorpedoTubeDestroyed=hud/default/tube_destroyed.png
TorpedoTubeWire=hud/default/tube_wire.png
VerticalLaunchSystemTextColor=128,128,128,255
WeaponHighlight=hud/default/weapon_type_frame.png

Especially the last one should be there as a background frame, this should avoid the weird OP's image result.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 11-29-17 at 11:14 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote