SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-18, 02:55 AM   #1
G Man
Seaman

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0
Default Recommended Mods for FOTRSU

Hi,

I've been playing SH4 for a while, I originally played RFB but changed to TMO about a year back. I like the challenge of TMO (I play full realism) but I missed the variation of the missions in RFB. I read so many good things about FOTRSU I loaded it last night and gave it a quick look over checking settings etc. It all looks good and I'm about to set off on a patrol.

Are there any Mods you would recommend I install with it?

I run TMO with RSRDC, OTC and traveller Mod.

I'd just like to say this is the best game community I've come across, very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Thanks for all the great work you do.
G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 08:32 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

At this point in time, no other mods are recommended on top of FotRSU, since it is still "beta". However, if you like EasyAOB, there is a test version of it here: EasyAOB_FotRSU that is JSGME compatible. The next update to the mod may well ruin that compatibility. Also known to work without issue at this time is Bigger Better Protractors. Again though, the next update to the FotRSU mod may well ruin any and all compatibility with anything known to work with v0.63. Rockin Robbins also has a few compatible add-ins, but I don't remember the links at this moment. Hopefully, he finds what is ailing his computer and gets back on line soon!... The plan for the mod, after full release, is to have a series of add-in mods for several aspects of the game, including controlling the AI somewhat...

Have fun with FotRSU! If you have any issues with it, be sure and post in the FotRSU thread and let us know, so that someone (I do believe that is CapnScurvy's and s7rikeback's middle name) can fix it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 06:22 PM   #3
G Man
Seaman

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Thanks Propbeanie, wilco.
G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 01:38 PM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Howdee! Still can't get Wine to play nice on my computer and Windows isn't installing. I'm going to do a flash drive install. But the BIOS reset fixed the base problem.

Anyway, as to which mods will work with FOTRSU, boat skins, sound modifications, keyboard modifications, attack map and nav map mods, let me think here, that might be all, are compatible, meaning that they won't change gameplay.

Start messing with environmental mods especially or multi-purpose mods and all bets are off. Some mods advertised as single-purpose mods are not, and they will change FOTRSU gameplay. Looking at the mod itself is the only way to determine that.

Mods in the groups I mentioned are likely not to cause any problems.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote