SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-16, 06:43 PM   #151
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Hi LGN1,

that´s quite simple: I use the given tools of the F5 map. After having drawn the course, I retrace the track by using the ruler for a persistent plot. At sundown / sunrise, I draw a horizontal line with appropriate length to the given time (e.g. when sunrise is at 06.15 i draw a horizontal line with 6.1km length) at the current position. So, when reading the map, I can predict the next sunrise and I can measure the distance having moved between two sunrises (a kind of daily "etmal"). The measuring time is when the redlight turns on or off.

Every few hours I also use the Atlas echolot to measure the depth (at least near the coast). I mark the depth in the map by using the "compass" and draw a circle with a radius appropriate to the depth. With this markings, I can see whether there´s a significant descent or an increase of depth without trusting the colour of the map too much.

Another thing is, if I use the same way for retour, I already know the dephts quite exactly.

Concerning the technical checks: I use my own improved and optimized gauges with switched-on control lights (so called Bordinstrumente_Patch) with which I can precisely read the correct values of the most important instruments. E.g., at the beginning of each patrol, I make a new speed table with knots and rpms for every machine status, thus I can immediatly see on the instruments if something is getting wrong. I also pay attention on the control lamps, because at 100% realism settings, I cannot look outside the boat and control if both screws are turning or not and if recharching the batteries is the reason for slower movement. Same with the compressed air and oxygen (really vital especially if you use h.sie´s resp. Stiebler´s oxygen mod).

What I also sometimes do is to check the diesel consumption by measuring distance and time and I compare the results with the report of my helmsman to predict my remaining operational area and to keep in mind the needs of getting back to my base. Btw, the the sea state has a huge influence on diesel consumption.

There are lots of helpful information giving by the game to use it in an operational or tactical way, although it sounds not that exiting. But surely the kaleuns then did that too.

Sorry for getting off topic

Best regards
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 12:02 AM   #152
utops
Planesman

Downloads: 202

Hi,

Im new to this patch and what i saw so far it working for most part,but:
Code:
no_news_tc1                on
Do not.
Im running GWX with Conus wide screen mod and Fire damage by DarkWraith.
Any tips how to resolve this will be painted gold. :P

BTW. Thx for keeping Sh3 expierence alive.
utops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 01:41 AM   #153
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by utops View Post
Hi,

Im new to this patch and what i saw so far it working for most part,but:
Code:
no_news_tc1                on
Do not.
Im running GWX with Conus wide screen mod and Fire damage by DarkWraith.
Any tips how to resolve this will be painted gold. :P

BTW. Thx for keeping Sh3 expierence alive.
Hmmm... Are you sure it's news you're talking about and not BDU messages?
Old 01-31-16, 05:19 PM   #154
utops
Planesman

To be honest i can't tell the difference. They all are labeled as from BDu
Old 02-01-16, 05:48 AM   #155
utops
Planesman

One more thing:
Was mangled by destroyer cannon,because IIA has periscope depth of 9 meters,so antena dipol is visible and that is the reason of my sub being shot at. Decided to rest on the bottom to stop flooding etc. Depth was 17 meters and after 10 minutes resting on seabed CE goes crazy with reports about sub being damaged and destroyer was not dc at that time or any time. Ths is the bug?I'll try to recreate this by simply resting on seabed in undamaged sub i report back with this.
Btw. Whats up with blank CE messages?
Edit again:

Uh there is no way to recover from flooding it says 0:00 past 1 h but still my sub is sinking and go hard against seabed and above aws trawler killing my carrer. This is feature or bug? ( and no i am not beaing sarcastic.)

Last edited by utops; 02-01-16 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-01-16, 11:55 AM   #156
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Quote:
One more thing:
Was mangled by destroyer cannon,because IIA has periscope depth of 9 meters,so antena dipol is visible and that is the reason of my sub being shot at. Decided to rest on the bottom to stop flooding etc. Depth was 17 meters and after 10 minutes resting on seabed CE goes crazy with reports about sub being damaged and destroyer was not dc at that time or any time. Ths is the bug?I'll try to recreate this by simply resting on seabed in undamaged sub i report back with this.
Btw. Whats up with blank CE messages?
Edit again:

Uh there is no way to recover from flooding it says 0:00 past 1 h but still my sub is sinking and go hard against seabed and above aws trawler killing my carrer. This is feature or bug? ( and no i am not beaing sarcastic.)
Maybe your hull integrity got so compromised that it couldn't stand 17 meters. That's all I can think of. patSH3r has no routines to make damage to the sub... yet.
Blank CE messages? Are you using a mod which need some extra messages somewhere. patSH3r probably has nothing to do with it.
All patSH3r does with the repair routine, is to alter the repair time factor (if you're using it in the config - and not using a hsie patched exe). It's a legit value that exist in UBI-code and is also used by the realistic repair time setting. Altering it should not change the behavior of the game in the sense of how the repair-code works. What's your repair time factor at in the patSH3r.cfg-file?
Old 02-01-16, 02:38 PM   #157
utops
Planesman

Code:
repair_time_factor      25.0 ; >= 1.0, 0.0 = off
Sorry my english is a mess for now and i have hard time to direct you on real problem. So maybe i try again:

Got struck by cannon near radio compartment so flooding is understandable, i assigned damage control team to fix that and they do it quite fast,because i have mechanic class in team,but flooding indicator in box always show 0:00 to flood recovery and my sub slowly sinking ,i don't have any control over it except i need to press blow balast from time to time and this often equals end of carrer by popping like a cork near angry AWS Patrol. This is not a problem while on deep waters,but in II class sub i often operate on shallow waters so brushing on seabed quickly drains hull integrety and causing compartment damages.
Old 02-04-16, 02:51 AM   #158
utops
Planesman

Ok,flooding recovery is not working as i like to, maybe in your idea is working correctly idk.I just damage my sub to cause flooding,after flooding was stoped,pumping water out of compartments take ages,so it's often end with death. There is any option to tune it?
Old 02-04-16, 05:55 PM   #159
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Finally

I use Winhq on my Mac for playing SH3.
And the h.sie patch didnt work for me.
Even with the orginal sh3.exe.
Everytime if i patch the file sh3.exe the game is crashing or didnt start.

But this solution is working and i am happy.
I can finally play sh3 with the bug fixes.

Thanks Fader.
Old 02-06-16, 04:10 AM   #160
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Quote:
Ok,flooding recovery is not working as i like to, maybe in your idea is working correctly idk.I just damage my sub to cause flooding,after flooding was stoped,pumping water out of compartments take ages,so it's often end with death. There is any option to tune it?
Maybe it has to do with the repair time factor. Try to shut it off (or at least make it smaller than 25). If it has to do with this, it's an unwanted side effect and I'll have to take a look on it.
Old 02-06-16, 04:13 AM   #161
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal788 View Post
I use Winhq on my Mac for playing SH3.
And the h.sie patch didnt work for me.
Even with the orginal sh3.exe.
Everytime if i patch the file sh3.exe the game is crashing or didnt start.

But this solution is working and i am happy.
I can finally play sh3 with the bug fixes.

Thanks Fader.
Nice. I've tried SH3 on linux a couple of times with wine, but there was too many graphical glitches. Is it working nice on mac?
Old 04-29-16, 04:22 AM   #162
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello Fader_Berg ,

i hope to get more (and even...more) from your super patch ! Do you have-plan any new goodies ?

all the best

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 04:08 AM   #163
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Fader_Berg ,

i hope to get more (and even...more) from your super patch ! Do you have-plan any new goodies ?

all the best
Hi Makman94...

I have plans and wishes from community members I want to integrate. But the process has stagnated a bit. Too much World of Tanks, Space Engineers and last but not least, the forced upon me - earn to make a living thing... work. My interest in SH3 comes and goes, so the work will probably continue in the future. I'll let you all know.

/Fader Berg
Old 05-18-16, 04:20 AM   #164
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

hi, is this compatible with steibler? i saw was compatible wiyh hsie.
I will test it.

I have an idea for a simple but realistic fix, you can't fire nor change pistol (until mid 42) with out 4 sailor or a minimum level of performance( I prefer last). Please considered it for future.

About fatigue,I love it and I'm good with gwx/and charging a little the basic file to change the fatigue proportion in different compartment. I think patch would be the most simple possible, referred to this, I would be pleasure if the patch could drop down performance by a value related to time (counting variable ) , with out floor, so you should left convoy if they are to stressed like in reality.

I have a question related with morale, game uses it? Because employ that concept would be beautiful. Always I have consisted it should increment with destroyed units, a little with send contract, drop down by time (very slow) and that value multiplied by hull integrity, and then multiplied in performance of compartment.

Other things interesting would be, maximum of days in sea by starvation, no water nor food (days counter implement, expanded by docking in supply ship or milk cow, for real navigation replace course plotter by a command to put a Mark in that position with clear sky (more complex could be done to generate random displacement), Another good one is that officer say land spoted, but it can recall continue spoting., and the most important, hydrophone in swipping and radar may say how many contracts are spoted after a complete turning. They are only ideas I hope some one could implement one day.

thanks. We live works like this.

tested no crash, and wo is great really

Last edited by Aquelarrefox; 05-19-16 at 03:09 AM.
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-16, 10:22 PM   #165
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

got any new info or an udate on this ? should I patch to Hsie work and then use your patch\ mod or does it matter ?
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote