Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-21-10, 01:05 AM   #16
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

frinik,

Thanks for the help and there is never a hurry on this stuff. I like your independant installs. It helps to avoid mod soup.

Look forward to running SF with the mods, I currently just run it with 1.4.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 02:04 AM   #17
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Separate installs

That's right Wilcke, it avoids mod soup and by compartmenting my installs - in case one becomes corrupted - I can uninstall it without screwing up my good ones and it makes reinstalls or upgrades easier.I do the same with T vs T and Panzer Elite. I may even make a 4th install of SF on my external hard disck( I only use laptop no pcs) to have a new install of SP 1.4 with the updated Winter mod(Dec 2009).

What's fun too is the variety; I can switch to different versions of my game depending on my moods to avoid staleness.And that way I can see what the upgrades bring to my game compared with earlier versions of it.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 07:50 AM   #18
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Hi frinik

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Lc that mod has been updated to version 0.98.It includes a new tank, the Soviet KV2, with 4 new missions.Also the Tiger has now 5 Panzergranate 88 shells and 5 less pzgranate 39.It's got better armour protection in some places and the HE shells are a bit less powerful as per the original specs. Also that version is compatible with the T34/85 mod which now includes the T60 which you don't need to disenable whenever you want to play the Tiger one.The T34/85 has new, updated gunsights.All in all it's worth having the updated version.You can get it in the same thread just a a couple of pages after.

Thanks a lot for your help, downloaded these mods even tiger mod 098.

One question remains.

After installing these mods, game menue is in russuian right?

Thanks

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 11:32 AM   #19
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Updated winter mod??

Which update are you referring to??

Thanks for your help !!

Txema

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
That's right Wilcke, it avoids mod soup and by compartmenting my installs - in case one becomes corrupted - I can uninstall it without screwing up my good ones and it makes reinstalls or upgrades easier.I do the same with T vs T and Panzer Elite. I may even make a 4th install of SF on my external hard disck( I only use laptop no pcs) to have a new install of SP 1.4 with the updated Winter mod(Dec 2009).

What's fun too is the variety; I can switch to different versions of my game depending on my moods to avoid staleness.And that way I can see what the upgrades bring to my game compared with earlier versions of it.

Cheers
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 11:22 PM   #20
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Winter Mod

Txema, I am referring to a thread I saw on the Sukhoi.ru forum dedicated to Steel Fury. Stone 2009 I think it was gave a download to a new updated version of the Winter mod. I don't think it's a big deal it simply includes a few improvements over the older beta version of April or May 2009. I haven't had time to download it myself. Anyway Sledgehammer has asked me to lump all the download links that I have for Steel Fury and post them. So I''ll look for it and make sure it's amongst them Otherwise you can find it yourself it was posted in early to mid January 2010.
Old 03-14-10, 03:00 PM   #21
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default New Steel Fury Missions for Tiger 0.98 Mod

Hello all,

Recently, I have begun to uncover some of the mysteries of the Steel Fury mission editor and started to create a few simple missions. These missions (missions 2, 3, 4) are my first tentative steps into learning the use of the mission editor. As such, they are still incomplete and lack many features you may be familiar with from the missions that came with the stock-version of the game.
However, I would like to share them with the community and I hope you will enjoy them. I would appreciate constructive comments and feedback.

Best regards,

FW

Links here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/24119894...single-02.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/24119911...s-Read-Me.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/24119921...single-04.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/241199248/a59eade/Tigermod-single-03.html

P.S.: Installation instructions and a list of required mods and patches are in the read-me file.
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 11:57 PM   #22
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default FW Missions

Re Friedrich Wilhelm's missions ; I have had the great honour of being the tester for his missions and they rock!If you want the challenge of your life try mission 3 and 4 without the invincibility and increased shell power features turned on , without the markers showing on the map and with enemy experience at max and force balance set at 10.They are amongst the best and most challenging missions I have played in SF.

Cheers
Old 03-15-10, 12:59 AM   #23
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default StugIIIg mod for Steel Fury

BTW for those interested; a new mod the Stug IIIG with 3 playable missions has been released a couple of days ago.Here's the link:

http://files.mail.ru/2FV17Y

Cheers

PS; it's compatible with the Tiger 0.98 and Tiger 1.0 mods.
Old 03-25-10, 12:04 PM   #24
BOBOSSE
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Missions

Hello frinik

If you are the same man who post message on FRANCE SIMULATION, my opinion about missions of Friedrich Wilhelm's is positive,he can continuous,they are interesting.
And you,you can put in download your "14 missions peaufinées".
I think community of steel fury will appreciate.

Cheers

Philippe
Old 03-25-10, 11:47 PM   #25
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Same Guy!

Oui Bobosse ( amusant comme surnom) je suis la même personne qui affiche sur France Simulation. Je vais télécharger mes 14 missions( j'en ai 2 de Friedrich Wilhelm que j'ai modifées (dont une qu'il n'a pas rendue publique) et rendues plus difficiles mais aussi un peu plus épicées) ce weekend dans un espace approprié et je les afficherai sur FS. Attentions mes missions ne sont pas aussi sophistiquées que celles que produisent certains moddeurs(russes surtout) mais par contre je garanti suspense, grosses batailles de tanks , action à gogo et une certaine variété.J'ai également modifié 2 missions existantes( du menu user missions) produites par d'autres et sans changer le scénario j'ai modifié les types de char en jeu et j'ai surtout accru le nombre de véhicules impliqués dans le combat.Je les ai testées et jouées hier et franchement j'ai aimé le résultat( il s'agit de la misison Loz05 fcrée par Jake ou FabienFred et de la Mission Panzer IVF2 de Petrovkazzw485 crée par Stone2009 or SHUN. Je les afficherai mais en donnant le crédit à qui de droit.Je vais graduellement modifier toutes les missions existantes de SF que ce soit single, user, ou campagnes afin de les rendre plus difficiles et plus étoffées à mon goût.

Est-ce que tu es le meme Philippe qui affiche sur HQ SIM(More Steel Fury Goodness)?

Salutations.
Old 03-26-10, 01:51 AM   #26
BOBOSSE
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Merci pour ta réponse.

Je suis satisfait qu'il y ai quelques personnes en France qui s'intéresse a ce jeu dont la "modabilité" et le potentiel mérite qu'on le valorise.
Je suis bien la même personne qui affiche sur SIM HQ,et je passe beaucoup de temps sur le forum de nos"comrad moddeurs russes".
Pour faire court je n'arrive pas ,malgré une remise à jour de mon mot de passe à me connecter sur France simulation donc je n'aurai pas accès à tes missions.
Bon WE et merci pour le boulot fait pour la communauté.

Philippe
Old 03-26-10, 03:21 AM   #27
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default missions SF

Philippe ne te fais pas de bile donne-moi ton adresse email perso. et je pourrais t´envoyer mes missions en piece jointe par yahoo.C´est ce que Friedrich Wilhelm et moi faisons.

salutationsç

PS moi aussi je frequente le site Avia Forum a la recherche de noueaux mods mais je n´y suis pas inscrit.
Old 03-29-10, 05:04 AM   #28
Txema
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBOSSE View Post
Hello frinik

If you are the same man who post message on FRANCE SIMULATION, my opinion about missions of Friedrich Wilhelm's is positive,he can continuous,they are interesting.
And you,you can put in download your "14 missions peaufinées".
I think community of steel fury will appreciate.

Cheers

Philippe
Hey Frinik,

I would appreciate it very much if you could let us download your 14 missions for Steel Fury !!!

Are you planning to release them soon??

Txema
Old 03-29-10, 05:38 AM   #29
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF user made missions

Hi Txema, actually I have over 18 now.I modified 2 of Friedrich Wilhelm's missions( including one he didn't post) and 3 user-made missions made by others(Loz5, Africa1 and Trophy Petrovka wwzzz485). I just finished a night mission with artillery strikes and flares and my skills are getting a bit more refined.I will eventually post my missions and the remake of others on this site and others.If you wish to play them send me your private email by pm and I will send them to you by yahoomail.

I am planning to rework some more user-made missions and eventually all single and stock campaign missions to make them a bit more action oriented, more complex and definitely tougher.My ambition is to remake all the existing SF missions.I will try to upload those I have created/modified into a sort of file sharing site this coming weekend to make them available to the community.Right now I haven't got the time.

Cheers

Frinik
Old 03-29-10, 10:47 AM   #30
Txema
中国水兵

Frinik,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I will send you a PM.

Thanks again !!

Txema