Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-17, 10:04 AM   #16
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Another update:

I went ahead and replaced the TACCO.dll that CrazyIvan had linked, and it appears to have fixed the 32555 issue.
I shot 3 torpedoes at different angles (behind, in front and flying beside) target and they all went to target! Awesome!! Thanks

Now a different issue regarding the Captors.

I launched 5 Captors in 7000 ft of water. Every one disappeared from map when they got to around 1150 ft.

The !DWX_RA_1_43_OPFOR_INFO.TXT file discusses the issue of the Captor in previous updates and again in newest update. It appears the Captor was "meant" to be removed from the map if it was launched in depths greater than approx. 3200ft.
However in the previous mods, the Captor would not actually be removed, it would just always sink to 1477 feet, instead of sinking to a set depth in the TACCO screen.

This may have been related to the issue I kept seeing of them not launching the torpedo while sitting at 1477 ft.
While they didn't disappear in deeper water (like they do now), maybe the fact that the code had it sit at 1477 ft which in turn also prevented it from functioning correctly and NOT launching the torpedo.
That is probably what I was seeing although it was not correctly documented.
Meaning it didn't say anywhere that if it was launched in too deep water it would instead sit at 1477 ft and not function. It only stated that in deep water the (surface, shallow, deep and bottom settings) would not function and instead just sink to 1477 ft.

I will test this theory again in a shallower water map today and see if they work any better.

Please relay to Crazy Ivan that the TACCO.dll fix seems to work and he should add it to the 1.43 mod file or inform everyone to replace the TACCO.dll file with the new one.

Last edited by A-Ganger; 09-24-17 at 10:45 AM.
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 08:44 PM   #17
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Please relay to Crazy Ivan that the TACCO.dll fix seems to work and he should add it to the 1.43 mod file or inform everyone to replace the TACCO.dll file with the new one.
Progress and nice accomplishment.That should give you a better feeling about RA mod, I hope.
Crazy Ivan appears to be monitoring this forum as he seems rather well aware about your testing and specific problems you encountered.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 09:42 PM   #18
Polak2
Weps

Hi A-Ganger
And as we speak here on Crazy Ivan's forum there is another fix pertaining to problems of torps and air by user. Would you care to check ?
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...555#post144555
Old 09-25-17, 02:43 PM   #19
A-Ganger
Sparky

Got it, thank you!
I used to be able to interpret "some" php code lol but i forget most of it.

It wasn't that I never really liked the RA Mod. I just had a lot of problems with the P3 being able to kill anything lol
I'm like what the heck am I doing wrong here...

Maybe I'm only one of a few ppl who plays the P3/Helo a good bit so no one else noticed what I did..
IDK but glad he was able to see what I was seeing..
Old 09-25-17, 11:29 PM   #20
A-Ganger
Sparky

I keep forgetting to mention this with the OH Perry AI.

Just about every quick mission I play, the Perry AI will continually launch torpedoes at sub targets that are out of range of the torpedoes.l
I believe it's always Mk.54s. I just finished a game where I sat and watched it shoot 10+ at my target that was 10 + nm away from the Perry?

I don't believe this has anything to do with the RA Mod because I seem to recall it doing this even running the original game.

It's just funny watching it waste all those torpedoes shooting at things the torpedo will never reach..They go about 3/4 the way and run out of gas lol
Old 09-27-17, 07:53 PM   #21
A-Ganger
Sparky

New issue with the Air dropped torpedo settings on P3.
Just launched two Mk.54/Mk50 using the 32555 - snake (direct move) settings.

There is now NO snake pattern although the setting is still there (snake/circle), the torpedo just goes in a straight line without moving at all

In previous mod, the 32555 mode still did the snake and circle modes.
May just be a small coding error?

I tried to register on that site but the translator won't translate the sign up page and I can't read Russian
Old 09-27-17, 10:58 PM   #22
Polak2
Weps

Quote:
I tried to register on that site but the translator won't translate the sign up page and I can't read Russian
Here I can gladly help. Indeed registration is in Russian only.
just confirm if you want me to post a short tutorial with pictures and translation.
Old 09-28-17, 08:49 AM   #23
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Again, I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but why do you use the 32555? I've never used it and I've had luck with have torpedoes hit boats. What does it do differently?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 05:13 PM   #24
A-Ganger
Sparky

No problem FPS I'll explain it the way I read it.

32555 Direct Move:
It launches the torpedo directly at the target's location or turns the torpedo directly to the bearing you set and then performs it's set pattern.

Example, using the setting of Snake 11000, the torpedo will make a right turn (30 degress) from where it enters the water and perform a "narrow" snake pattern after it's RTE setting.

You could use that setting if for example flying course 270 and target is on your right heading right. Say target is at 000 from you at launch, you launch when you are directly below target, the torpedo should make a 30 degree right turn then start it's snake patter after running the set RTE. So this would give the torpedo a setting to hopefully intercept the target instead of running to where the target "is" when you launch.
But remember this. If the torpedo doesn't land directly below the target (from described above) and lands further down your course, when it does it's 30 degree turn it will most like miss because the target is now possibly 60 degrees on the right. Hope that made sense.. Easier to draw it out lol

Now, if you use the 32555 setting, the torpedo (instead of making it's 30 degree turn), it will turn directly to the selected target OR turn and run down the bearing you set and start it's snake pattern. So if you shot directly behind the target and say the target was going directly away from you (or straight at you), the torpedo would run straight at it using it's snake pattern. As well, instead of guessing your shot will intercept the target in those 30 degrees from the 11000 settings, you can say hey, let me shoot this torpedo at that guy and make it run course 045.. For example; your flying 000, the target is directly N of you heading 090. Let's make that torpedo try and intercept them at 045. Might work great if the target is going faster and you shoot further away.

So the 32555 setting is desirable in certain situations. All these settings allow you to shoot from all locations instead of just needing to be flying straight at a target or shooting behind you etc. You can make the torpedo initially turn right or left 30 degrees to intercept target or shoot it directly at the target OR bearing

I just noticed after the updates that the 32555 setting is messed up and when you use it the torpedo doesn't perform a snake or a circle like before, it just runs in a straight line and it never searches. I had them run right by the target and keep on going.
It does make it's direct move (the name of this setting) but the other half of the function doesn't work now.
Old 10-10-17, 09:05 AM   #25
A-Ganger
Sparky

Possibly another issue with Captors.

Altitude 100 ft/ 154 kts, depth 233 ft. Launched 2 Captors and they both plunged right into the bottom?

The P3 "should" be capable of laying shallow depth Captors/Mines at these depths.

Again at 150 ft, 154 kts, water depth 320 ft, Captors again plunged right into the bottom.

Will test again and these are all quick missions Hard difficulty.