Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-17, 10:10 PM   #1
KDAM
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default 1914:Shells of Fury graphics bug with Nvidia card

I've been playing 1914: SoF on my integrated graphics card (Intel HD 4600) and my i7 processor, and though much of the sim works fine, several parts like the bridge view, deck gun, and machine gun are choppy and makes gameplay irritating. So I tried running the sim on my Nvidia card (GTX965M) and the choppiness has completely gone away. But now there's a new problem.

http://imgur.com/a/Gwmcx

When on the bridge view there are these black horizontal lines that appear and flash in the distance. They go away if you wait a few seconds but usually come back when you leave and return to the bridge. Also, I don't think the skybox is rendering correctly because it looks different from when the sim runs on my Intel (however it does look better aside from the lines).

The lines also appear no matter what when you look through the periscope.

And on top of that, the wake and bow spray created by the U-boat while underway don't render anymore. They've become invisible. It looks like my boat is just sliding across a grey table.

I've tried playing around with the settings in NvidiaInspector (threaded optimization off, tear control off, driver controlled LOD bias off) but I don't know a lot about these and they didn't fix anything. I am using the Kurs West mod, but these things happened even before I installed the mod.

I wanted to know if there's a possible solution, but I know that Nvidia cards can cause problems with older games. Can this just not be helped?
KDAM is offline   Reply With Quote