SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-07, 03:47 AM   #46
Captain Deckwash
Medic

Downloads: 356
Uploads: 0
KillerSub_01?

There is no 'KillerSub_01" mod as such guys? In my zip download there is only a 'Data' file with a 'Submarine' and a 'Library' file within it? The ZIP file is called 'KillerSub_01'....you can't mean to put the ZIP into the MOD folder can you buddy?

Captain Deckwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 05:09 AM   #47
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOPEYE
There is no 'KillerSub_01" mod as such guys? In my zip download there is only a 'Data' file with a 'Submarine' and a 'Library' file within it? The ZIP file is called 'KillerSub_01'....you can't mean to put the ZIP into the MOD folder can you buddy?
Not exactlly...
You have to EXTRACT:
1. DATA folder to the SH4 installation directory and overwrite
O R
2. Extract KillerSub_01 [just above DATA in zip] and put it into MODS folder.

Your choice....
Old 05-29-07, 05:18 AM   #48
MaxT.dk
Rough night at Langtrees brothel

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Extract KillerSub_01 zip file to a folder called KillerSub_01... That folder will have the Data folder etc in it... Move KillerSub_01 folder to MOD folder and activate the mod. Done

http://maxt.dk/archives/2007/03/22/s...nter-4-cheats/
Get KillerSub MOD and bring the Hell back to Earth! The FUN way to play SH4! Now with Rail Guns!
MaxT.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 05:21 AM   #49
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxT.dk
Quote:
Extract KillerSub_01 zip file to a folder called KillerSub_01... That folder will have the Data folder etc in it... Move KillerSub_01 folder to MOD folder and activate the mod. Done
You forgot to tell him where the MOD folder is....
Old 05-29-07, 05:48 AM   #50
MaxT.dk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GakunGak
You forgot to tell him where the MOD folder is....
He alredy knows that... Otherwise he wouldn't post this:
Quote:
The same with the just "dropping" the MOD into SH4 folder... If he wanted that, I'm sure he would do it already by now... But he wanted to do it the "right" way, so why post on how you do it the "wrong" way?

Your posts doesn't really help, GakunGak...

Get KillerSub MOD and bring the Hell back to Earth! The FUN way to play SH4! Now with Rail Guns!
Old 05-29-07, 06:01 AM   #51
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I agree 100%, but this is how I do.
As for the wrong method, I gave him 2 choices to choose, which his appears to be the second.
So, in fact, I was not that wrong.... Maybe just a litle...
Old 05-29-07, 02:53 PM   #52
Captain Deckwash
Medic

Default HMMmmmm!

Well MAX, you really ought to clearly state in the 'readme', to extracrt this MOD into a file named 'KillerSub-01" first of all and THEN to put it in the MOD directory. I would never have found this out in a month of Sundays, if'n ye hadn't told me. The MOD works fine now and the ammo is great, BUT when I try to take over the range of the deck gun with my mouse wheel, the whole game sets SOLID!

I can only get out by switching off at the mains. The AA gun is fine, It is the deck gun that is the problem! Anyone got any ideas here?

Old 05-29-07, 03:04 PM   #53
MaxT.dk

Solid? What do you mean?

Also installing any mod for SH4 is done in the same way.... Even GakunGak have figured it out

Old 05-29-07, 03:36 PM   #54
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Solid? What do you mean?

Also installing any mod for SH4 is done in the same way.... Even GakunGak have figured it out
He means the game freezes when deck gun elevation is high and when you try to fire, I confirm this too...

Underlined and bold: what do you mean by that? I don't use any mod enabler, I just install and overwrite directlly in the SH4 folder... Saves me the trouble....
Old 05-29-07, 03:39 PM   #55
MaxT.dk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GakunGak
Quote:
Solid? What do you mean?

He means the game freezes when deck gun elevation is high and when you try to fire, I confirm this too...

Underlined and bold: what do you mean by that? I don't use any mod enabler, I just install and overwrite directlly in the SH4 folder... Saves me the trouble....
1) Hmm, weird... Never had same problem... Could any of you make a video capture of that?

2) Oh... right... :rotfl: Sorry

Old 05-29-07, 03:43 PM   #56
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Impossible for me to do, as power electricity here during storms are fatal, I'm writing this on my laptop....
Will try something tomorow and if possible, I'll "fraps" it...
Old 05-29-07, 07:03 PM   #57
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Gakun - I strongly suggest using JSGME - I currently use RFB and a couple of other mods - and whenever a new version comes in or I want to tweak something in the original format it helps. But hey - each to their own.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 04:28 AM   #58
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Many thnx for the suggestion, but I use JSGME for Sub Command/DW, as for this I wanna have some fun!
Old 05-30-07, 06:15 AM   #59
Captain Deckwash
Medic

Default MODS

Well guys, I have found that with most MODs, all you have to do is unzip them straight into the MOD directory, (which one has to make of course). :hmm:

This is what I did with KillerSub, which is why I ended up with the 'Data' folder in JSGME. Unziping ito a file you have to make yourself is news to me mates. Anyway it is done now and works fine, but when I move to the deck gun...things are OK whilst I am in the 'first option' there. When I try to move to the 'second option', which is getting the rage finder up (using the mouse wheel), my screen freezes solid. I am just stuck and nothing will move anywhere! The music keeps playing over and over like a worn record player and I just have to switch off at the mains and reboot to get anywhere at all. If one of you have experienced something simular...sounds like a bug to me lads! :hmm: Can we solve this at all, otherwise I can't use MAX's excellent mod and I want to 'kick some ass' out there!

Old 05-30-07, 07:03 AM   #60
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

My thoughts here are the shell speed. Remember - with this mod - shell speed was increased so you dont need the range scale. In fact - if you used them - you would likely miss as Max made the gun a "railgun". What may be happening - and this is just theory - is that the range scale calculates distance based on vertical traverse - and with this mod all ranges are the same.

That could cause the game to lock when you go to zoomed views.

Max, to test this - try dropping the speed back and see if that fixes it. Just my attempt to help.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote