SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-17, 03:12 PM   #91
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Guess it's not wrong when animal chums do it...
Old 11-19-17, 06:18 PM   #92
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Yes... but he was still Labelled a Pervert and it cost him his Hollywood Career
Old 11-20-17, 05:01 PM   #93
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Default Second woman accuses Senator Al Franken of groping: CNN

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A second woman has accused Democratic Senator Al Franken of inappropriately touching her, this time in 2010 after he had been elected to public office, CNN reported on Monday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DK286

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 06:38 PM   #94
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Default Put on a monkey suit and fill your boots...

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 11-20-17 at 06:52 PM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 08:16 PM   #95
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Too much monkey business going on here!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 08:08 AM   #96
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Agreed

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 09:39 AM   #97
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Add Charlie Rose to the list ... at least he was man enough to admit it: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlie...t-allegations/
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 07:59 PM   #98
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Add Charlie Rose to the list ... at least he was man enough to admit it: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlie...t-allegations/
That sounds like you're saying that they're not men if they don't confess to every allegation that is made.

While I have no doubt that some of these people are as bad or worse that what is being claimed, determinations of guilt, especially involving the destruction of lives and careers, ought to be based on some kind of hard evidence don't you think?

Proof seems to be lacking in many of these cases and it's all starting to feel a little like the stories of Salem at the end of the 17th century.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 09:39 PM   #99
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Roy Moore had his attorneys shoot off a cease and desist letter to AL.com, the company that owns and runs the newspapers and media outlets in Alabama that have been publishing the stories detailing Moore's history of sleaze. Moore thought he could bully AL.com into cowering away. Bad move. AL.com and their attorneys are not about to roll over and, calling Moore's empty bluff, have fired back a letter of their own rejecting Moore's threats and, basically, telling him to 'bring it':

The publisher of AL.com blasts back at legal threats from Roy Moore --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.d6f5aa577eb5

The Boss Hogg bluster routine may fly with the yokels, but, as a former judge, Moore should have known better; then again, he wasn't very good as a judge. I am now hoping Moore will go full bat guano crazy and actually try to go to trial...

Quote:

For these and other reasons, we strongly believe that any lawsuit of the type you threaten would be frivolous, and could not be brought in good faith. Should your clients nevertheless decide to pursue this matter further, AL.com will vigorously defend itself, and will employ all available remedies, including a Rule 11 motion if warranted. We are confident that litigation would not only demonstrate that AL.com exercised the utmost diligence and employed high journalistic standards in reporting these stories, but would also reveal other important information about your clients.

We are hereby putting your clients on notice of their duty to preserve and maintain all materials, documents, writings, recordings, statements, notes, letters, journals, diaries, calendars, emails, photographs, video, computers, cell phones, electronic data, and other information, that is or could remotely be relevant in any manner to any claims that you have made. These include, but are not limited to, all materials and information related to Mr. Moore's history of romantic relationships or physical encounters (whether consensual or not); your client's fundraising compensation, and finances; and Mr. Moore's speaking engagements, travel arrangements, and other expenses. As you know, failure to preserve any such materials may expose your clients to sanctions.

[Italics mine]

Ya gotta love it when someone stands up to a bully...

<O>
Old 11-21-17, 09:47 PM   #100
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
We are hereby putting your clients on notice of their duty to preserve and maintain all materials, documents, writings, recordings, statements, notes, letters, journals, diaries, calendars, emails, photographs, video, computers, cell phones, electronic data, and other information, that is or could remotely be relevant in any manner to any claims that you have made. These include, but are not limited to, all materials and information related to Mr. Moore's history of romantic relationships or physical encounters (whether consensual or not); your client's fundraising compensation, and finances; and Mr. Moore's speaking engagements, travel arrangements, and other expenses. As you know, failure to preserve any such materials may expose your clients to sanctions

I don't think Judge Moore or his attorney's laughed at that reply

@ August all I'm saying is that Charlie Rose apologized and seemed sincerely sorry for his actions
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 10:45 PM   #101
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
@ August all I'm saying is that Charlie Rose apologized and seemed sincerely sorry for his actions
Yeah I know I just worry that nobody seems to care whether there is any actual evidence to back up these claims of impropriety in the march to destroy the accused. Tail Gunner Joe would be proud.

As for Rose in particular while he did apologize he also questioned some of the claims; "though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate" and he also made excuses for his behavior; "I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings" so I question his sincerity.

Not that it matters because he has a lot to be sorry about anyways. He has lost two very good paying TV gigs and is probably permanently blacklisted. I'll bet it'll be the same story for Franken, Moore, Conyers and every other man that is accused while the hysteria lasts.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 11:53 PM   #102
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
A reckoning over sexual harassment at work may finally be coming.
Sparked by the allegations against Harvey Weinstein, a host of powerful men in media, comedy and politics have been publicly accused of sexual harassment – not only in the US but also in the UK, Canada, France, China, Nigeria and elsewhere over the last few weeks.
Quote:
You don’t need to be working for a high-profile business to be affected. So widespread is the problem an estimated half of UK women report being sexually harassed at work, according to one BBC survey. In the US, that figure looks much the same, and within the European Union, one in two women reports experiencing sexual harassment in her lifetime.
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/201...ng-doesnt-work

It is now like a tide that penetrates the world. What many women are fighting for sexual acts that were previously considered clear.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 01:37 AM   #103
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

We're all going to look pretty silly when made to put on our vagina hats like Max the pug
Old 11-22-17, 02:16 AM   #104
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Guess it's not wrong when animal chums do it...
Guess we need to start dressing like this to be safe
Old 11-22-17, 03:03 PM   #105
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:

I don't think Judge Moore or his attorney's laughed at that reply

Nope, don't think they did. The letter really puts it down clearly: If Moore wants to pursue legal action, AL.com is very well prepared to go into much further detail on their investigative findings in defense of their reportage, something Moore really wouldn't want to happen since it would be in open court, under oath. It kind of makes me wonder what other skeletons Moore has hiding in the closet...

Moore denies and Trump blindly believes him; Putin denies and Trump blindly believes him; it seems a jury full of Trumps would be good for any criminal who would stand trial:

Defendant: "I didn't do it!"

Jury Full of Trumps: "Well, he denies, so 'Not Guilty'"...

<O>