SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Eternal Patrol
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-09, 08:48 AM   #346
lutzow
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Rest in peace eternal, Zeb.

Who knows when we meet.

http://hosted.filefront.com/Lutzow1
lutzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 08:46 PM   #347
patti
VIP

Downloads: 1
Dads burial day gets closer

It has been almost 4 months since my Dad passed away and now he will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery on Nov 30, 2009. The long time from his death to his burial has been very difficult for me and I am having a very hard time coping with all of this.

I am in San Diego at a Realtors Convention and all around me is the sea, Naval Bases and sailing ships and it all reminds me so much of Dad. I wanted to call him on Veteran's Day like I always have to wish him a Happy Veterans Day and let him know how proud of him I was.

I love him and miss him so much and still can't believe that he is gone.

Patti
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 05:59 AM   #348
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

I am not a religious person by any means, but, if what I believe is true, then your father is at peace, content and waits in the wings to welcome you in due course. I wont go into details here, not the place, but I 'know' he is well.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 10:10 PM   #349
patti
VIP

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I am not a religious person by any means, but, if what I believe is true, then your father is at peace, content and waits in the wings to welcome you in due course. I wont go into details here, not the place, but I 'know' he is well.
I did not know if anyone was still posting here but it still gives me great comfort to read the posts so thank you very much for replying. The funeral in DC went very well and even though I was not able to go, one sister did and she said it was an awesome event, not really the right words, but I know you know what I mean.

Patti
patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 09:25 AM   #350
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Hi Patti,

I have some pictures to post here as soon as I get them off my camera...now where did I leave my camera?
Old 12-16-09, 02:46 PM   #351
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti View Post
It has been almost 4 months since my Dad passed away and now he will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery on Nov 30, 2009. The long time from his death to his burial has been very difficult for me and I am having a very hard time coping with all of this.
Sorry for asking, but is this normal anywhere? I mean, 4 months are REALLY long time from the time of death to the actual buriel. So again sorry for asking, but what was the reason for this?

I have only attended 3 buriels in my life: a friend died at the age of 10 in an accident, and I was only 11, so I don't remember details, but 2005 and 2007 my grandparents died, and they were buried the first or second sunday after the death.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote