SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-17, 07:10 PM   #496
XPETIT
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Where Triomphant in new update?

Hi,

Captain X3, I didnt find Triomphant in your new update?? Could you Add it?
If not, I couldnt add it each time you make an update....

Thanks.

Xavier.
XPETIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 11:22 PM   #497
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
I find it strange how its nearly always first post questions saying its not working - yet they don't go to the place where they "bought" the game from

OMG!! This is unbelievable!! Just reading this thread how many times has it happened? The same post over and over by guys...... who just joined the forum and have less than 4 posts to their name. This is wrong in so many ways. If it was up to me they would be permanently banned from ever downloading another mod file from here. They won't buy the game but they'll gladly download stuff, and bitch and moan when they can't. I'm like seriously p******D off right now.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-17, 12:05 AM   #498
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_AUS View Post
Ok, thats cool. Hopefully the devs can unlock them sometime in the near future. This game has lots of potential.
Hahah, just thought of adding something like the Seaquest DSV, that would be nuts!

How about this one....

Old 10-31-17, 04:17 AM   #499
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Default Albacore glitch

Hiya CaptainX3,

I found a minor bug with the Albacore sub. It's missing the prop. When I looked in the file, I saw the prop was named "skipjack/prop5". When I checked the Skipjack file, there is no "prop5" reference. It's just named "Skipjack/prop" Its set up as a contra rotating prop, so what I tried was just deleting the "5" from the two files and it seems to have worked, but I don't know if its the prop you intended to use. They are the big props like on the LA and they have the same pitch, not contra rotating. Here are some screenshots...

Old 10-31-17, 04:23 AM   #500
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Default Albacore....

And with the new props I added....

As you can see they look like they are the same pitch. They don't look bad, maybe a bit big for this boat. You know the ship models better than I do.

Just wanted to let you know. It's not a big deal. Everything else works fine. Thanks.

Old 10-31-17, 04:55 AM   #501
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCruise View Post
Hiya CaptainX3,

I found a minor bug with the Albacore sub. It's missing the prop. When I looked in the file, I saw the prop was named "skipjack/prop5". When I checked the Skipjack file, there is no "prop5" reference. It's just named "Skipjack/prop" Its set up as a contra rotating prop, so what I tried was just deleting the "5" from the two files and it seems to have worked, but I don't know if its the prop you intended to use. They are the big props like on the LA and they have the same pitch, not contra rotating. Here are some screenshots...

There used to be a prop 5, which, as you may have guessed was the 5 bladed screw that the Skipjacks (and quite a few other boats) were initially fitted with through the mid-to-late 1960s. This is the so-called "Speed Screw" which could push the Skipjacks up to 33 knots (and the USS Thresher to just a shade under) but which also caused a vibration issue which made them quite a bit louder vs their 7 blade successor.
Old 10-31-17, 08:34 PM   #502
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
There used to be a prop 5, which, as you may have guessed was the 5 bladed screw that the Skipjacks (and quite a few other boats) were initially fitted with through the mid-to-late 1960s. This is the so-called "Speed Screw" which could push the Skipjacks up to 33 knots (and the USS Thresher to just a shade under) but which also caused a vibration issue which made them quite a bit louder vs their 7 blade successor.
OK. There are several other 5 bladed contra-rotating wheels in there. I tried the ones from the Alfa II and they look pretty good....

These seem to be a better fit. I also tried the VictorIII and VicII, and maybe one or two others. I didn't wanna drag this out all night so I left the Alfa wheels. But now there is one other issue with the Albacore. None of the three masts show at all. You can hear them being raised and see the effects from them working, just no visuals at all. I have a feeling the problem is right in front of me in that vessel.txt file, I'm just not sure where to look. Its probably a easy fix, except I have no experience with this. I'm kinda learning "on the job" as I go. If I don't get it soon I'll leave the fix for the experts.

*EDIT* After messing around for awhile, I can't find how to fix the masts. The only thing I did manage to create was the worlds first all Albino attack boat. :O Don't ask......this thing was as white as a Rocky Mountain virgin snowfall!! ACK!! The Yeti would have been right at home cruisin' in this bad boy on Saturday nights. lol OK, so I'm not a modder. I'll let the mod creator, CaptainX3, or one of you guys fix this one. It was fun giving it a try.

Take a look at the horizontal stern planes....not the X planes. Does it look like they are missing??

"CC"

Last edited by CaptainCruise; 10-31-17 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-01-17, 01:26 AM   #503
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43

This is another on my to do list.

It is supposed to have 2 different sized props (number of blades) and one of the last updates messed it up.

The afterplanes are not supposed to be there, but they are part of the base model and can not be removed, that's why they are there.
Old 11-01-17, 10:17 PM   #504
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
This is another on my to do list.

It is supposed to have 2 different sized props (number of blades) and one of the last updates messed it up.

The afterplanes are not supposed to be there, but they are part of the base model and can not be removed, that's why they are there.

OK, good deal. As Bandit mentioned, the file I found read as "prop5" which doesn't seem to exist. Taking out the 5 fixed it, but the "fix" was those twin big curved 7 blade wheels that are not correct. The Alfa2 wheels are 5 blade and looked more to scale but are probably not accurate. He said the boat had what was called a "Speed Screw" but it caused problems with noise and vibration.

Its not that big a deal so don't get yourself crazy trying to rush. Other than the visuals for the masts, everything works. I gave it a shot but I couldn't figure out the masts. Tried comparing similar files looking for a clue but I came up empty. I'll bet it was right in front of me too.

Thanks for the fix.

"CC"
Old 11-03-17, 05:15 PM   #505
JamesRamius
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14
Default Astute

Hey, 1st post so please excuse any naivety I have!

I absolutely love this mod and have pretty much used it straight from the outset of me buying CW. As a Brit, I especially love to play the Royal Navy subs.

My particular favorite is the Astute and I'm pretty sure there's a bug with the masts - they seem to sit too high in the fin and 'overextend' - their bases coming out the top of the model when fully extended.

Is there any fix I can do on my end to edit how the masts sit in the fin? I know the modders will have a backlog of new additions and fixes lined up so any suggestions for me being able to fix it for myself and save them the worry?

Finally, is there a way for me to add TASMs to a sub's loadout without it messing up the UI? I recently tried simply implementing 'us_tasm' into the weapons section of the Astute's .txt file but my in experience showed and it broke the UI and prevented me from launching any weapons. This is just to add more realism for my benefit as the block IV tomahawks the RN use are multirole weapons.

If these questions has been asked before I apologise - I'm pretty new to modifying game files. I love this mod and I just want to learn how to manage it for myself.

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice or guidance!

Last edited by JamesRamius; 11-03-17 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Update information
JamesRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 04:47 AM   #506
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamius View Post
Hey, 1st post so please excuse any naivety I have!

I absolutely love this mod and have pretty much used it straight from the outset of me buying CW. As a Brit, I especially love to play the Royal Navy subs.

My particular favorite is the Astute and I'm pretty sure there's a bug with the masts - they seem to sit too high in the fin and 'overextend' - their bases coming out the top of the model when fully extended.

Is there any fix I can do on my end to edit how the masts sit in the fin? I know the modders will have a backlog of new additions and fixes lined up so any suggestions for me being able to fix it for myself and save them the worry?

Finally, is there a way for me to add TASMs to a sub's loadout without it messing up the UI? I recently tried simply implementing 'us_tasm' into the weapons section of the Astute's .txt file but my in experience showed and it broke the UI and prevented me from launching any weapons. This is just to add more realism for my benefit as the block IV tomahawks the RN use are multirole weapons.

If these questions has been asked before I apologise - I'm pretty new to modifying game files. I love this mod and I just want to learn how to manage it for myself.

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice or guidance!
The mast issue is on my to do list and has been for a while. problem is, is i move them inside the fin then the pd depth will change to something stupid like 35 feet and then people will moan about that too.

As for TASM's - Yes you can add them but I would suggest you might want to read about Block IV's first as they are NOT ASM capable.
Old 11-04-17, 11:26 AM   #507
Wm Scott Turrall
Nub

Downloads: 17

CaptainX -- love the mods -- really enjoy watching JiveTurkey play your mods -- I have one issue-- I started the Wrath of Brezhnev (latest patch) and found out it was missing a mission from the Campaign folder 4 -- I just copied the file from a previous version and Bob's your Uncle -- however I have run into a loop where it won't change the mission from "go get repaired and rearmed" -- I tried to free roam thinking it was a timer issue -- nope ran nearly 6wks game time and went back to port 4 x still get the --"better luck next time go back and re-arm..." any suggestions and/or could you look into this...cheers

Scott
Wm Scott Turrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 10:11 PM   #508
AquilaTerra
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Default Thank You

Very nice mod, a big thank you modders!
AquilaTerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 03:47 AM   #509
redhell
Nub

Downloads: 25
Icon14

Found this mod, and needless to say, that playing the game without it is out of the question!

Great work and congrats, and if I may , a request...

One of the best (if not the best) Deep water diesel/AIP submarine, the 214 class is missing for the game. Please add it. (If possible also the Greek Papanikolis subclass)
redhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 03:35 PM   #510
Andredippenaar
Nub

Downloads: 19
Default coldwaters

new playable subs mod not working files missing
Andredippenaar is offline   Reply With Quote