SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-18, 12:26 AM   #1
jenrick
Bosun

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Japanese I-Boat mod

I vaguely remember at some point someone was working on a mod for a IJN campaign. Did that ever go anywhere?
jenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-18, 10:43 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Right now, it's in "Standby" mode, but will be active again in a couple of months. keltos01 has been busy with his work, and I've been busy with FotRSU. We've got several parts of the mod's campaign roughed in, but still need to add some more, and then put some finishing touches on.

While I'm on the subject, and building the campaign, there are several ways to approach things. The way I am currently planning on doing it, is to have a "complete" campaign by boats. In other words, the first 'beta' release will have just the JyunsenB boat fully "fleshed-out" (maybe one of the Kaidai instead) with relatively "historical" missions, other than the airplane launches. Those might be simulated with messages, but hasn't been decided. Oh if only we could get a way to do the airplanes... Most of the other submarines will be active for the first release, but would have relatively generic missions, each one being added to as the 'beta' progresses. In the meantime, there are a couple of initial releases from years ago from Peabody and from Cybermat47, each with their own little quirks and issues. Other ways of 'attacking' the mod would mean waiting much longer for all the parts to be added at once, then revised as needed...

I can't find Peabodys', and I'm thinking it's off-site on MediaFire, so I'll look for that link later
Cybermat47's Japanese Career which runs on top of the German Penang stuff...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-18, 10:51 AM   #3
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrick View Post
I vaguely remember at some point someone was working on a mod for a IJN campaign. Did that ever go anywhere?

You can the thread for the Japanese Campaign here. I think it is still being worked on, but don't know where they currently are in their work.

Dang, pb. Ya beat me to it again.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-18, 11:57 AM   #4
jenrick
Bosun

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Good to here it's still around! I'll keep an eye out from updates, good luck to everyone working on it.
jenrick is offline   Reply With Quote