SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-08, 04:16 PM   #91
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

May I suggest that you include a tweak file for your S-Boot. That way we could adjust the reloading times for the torpedoes, hit points, etc.
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 04:16 PM   #92
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have a short single mission uploaded here: http://rapidshare.com/files/89190426/minelayer.mis.html

You need to go a good distance NW to actually intercept :p just like a good schnellboote should!

Here is a screenie of one of the hits:

Be gentle with criticism about the mission; it was very fast and dirty, just to give people a little taste of playing the S-boot under reasonable terms.
Old 02-04-08, 04:18 PM   #93
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
1) outer torpedo doors don't visibly open
2) flak guns churn out fire like nobody's business
3) you start off inside the command room :p
4) I've taken a lot of hits and kept running
5) get damage reports for the compressor
6) took a direct hit (fireball and all) to the topside stern; enveloped the crewman, who was never affected
7) had both diesels damaged; speed never reduced
1) I have this on the top of the "to-do" list, they must first be erased from the hull model (they're built in). In testing I had the moving doors at the good position, but I have problems with their animation : once they open up, they go back to the original type II position, which is 2 metres ahead of the bow The torpedo launches from the "tube" but the doors remains floating above the water Really hope I can find a fix quickly
2)yep, AI AA guns do not fire at ship, I didn't look at it yet, I'll take look and see if this can be sorted but I'm not that positive about that
3)That one's sure a shame :rotfl:I'll see to change the "default starting cam" if it can be done
4) Will check the overall hitpoints of the boat :hmm:
5) This is normal I think, the items mentionned above are not yet in the proper position but they're already "active" in the boat so can be hit
6) Noted, I think this has to do with the compartments property, there are different settings available "open" "semi open" "closed", maybe that's the reason. I don't know yet how to change it, I'll look at it.

Edit : The flak guns have their own damage model included in the game library, so far I didn't want to modify it to avoid eventual side effects, maybe that's the cause, I'll check anyway
7):hmm: I'll look at this also, the "diesel engine" zone used is the stock one, just modified the size and position of the hitbox, so not sure if it can be fixed.

Thanks a lot for the precise report, especially the damage related part. The damage model is my principal focus at the moment, I'll try to make it the most "realistic" possible. I also plan to add some effects like destructible lifeboats as on the AI models. I thought about destructible spare torpedo, but if the 3D one blows up, the torp will still be available in the weapon management screen.

Cheers
About #2; what I meant was, is that the flak guns just fire and fire. A very high cyclic rate with no reloading time a'tall. Like firing a Vulcan --grins--
Old 02-04-08, 04:30 PM   #94
Kaleu_Mihoo
Medic

Downloads: 66

Mikhayl, you can adjust the torps loading times using timetraveller's mini tweaker...the loading speeds are is in the .sim or .dat of the boot. Unfortunatelly his site is gone and I don't have a copy of mini tweaker. But it's possible, I' ve done that for the subs.

Thank you for the trully fantastic work!

greets
Old 02-04-08, 04:50 PM   #95
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
About #2; what I meant was, is that the flak guns just fire and fire. A very high cyclic rate with no reloading time a'tall. Like firing a Vulcan --grins--
Oh, I misunderstood Looking at the screenshots you posted it looks like you play on stock (or at least non GWX) SH3. If so, it seems to be "normal". I just tested, the bow and midship 20mm take a few seconds to reload, but the 37 seems to have ammo belts However with GWX all guns have proper reloading times. Since I didn't change the guns settings I'd say it's a stock feature :hmm:

About the damage model, I think I get it. So far I changed the component's hitboxes sizes and positions, but I didn't change anything in zones.cfg (not included in the mod). I'm gonna try some settings and I'll report

@Mihoo
Thanks, I'll take a look at it, I have a copy of minitweaker in good place on my desktop
For testing this out, yes, I'm using my stock install of SHIII. I was in the middle of a patrol and didn't want to wait to try this out.
Old 02-04-08, 04:52 PM   #96
yamato9
Lieutenant

Downloads: 115

I´ve just downloaded and tested S-boot Beta and....wow man this is awesome!
I always liked torpedo boats and here it is, fantastic work Mikhayl!

Now i can create custom missions related to Adriatic torpedo boats engagements.

Here is one good link(fully detailed, lots of data and lots of photos and schematics): http://www.prinzeugen.com/SBOATIND.htm

You also will find the S-57 wreck, klick on " Dive on S-57 in the Adriatic " picture.
(remember my talking about documentary movie "Wrecks of Adriatic" well here it is pictures what i´ve looked in this movie.)

(Now i must create some additional(historical) skins for this baby.:hmm: )

Keep it on Mikhayl!

COMPATIBILITY:
I got installed this mods:

SH3 1.4b patch
Tomi_099 type 7c/41 mod
Raceboy´s SH4 effects for SH3
My ATL_Green water
And Mikhayl S-Boot beta
Everithing goes fine(no crashes or similar)
yamato9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 06:20 PM   #97
Rimfaxi
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Just tried scapa flow with the s-boot... all the harbour shouting at me.

Maybe I will leave my beloved IID for that beauty.
Rimfaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 06:22 PM   #98
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If anyone is interested, I've a multiplayer game set up for up to six S-boots. It was written using stock SHIII, so I don't know how that'd work in GWX.

You start off docked at St. Nazaire and have to head out to help intercept a quick-strike attack force heading to shell the sub pens. I just played it several times with just myself and it's kinda . . . wow.

You sure as heck aren't gonna survive with just a single S-boot. You're going to need several to help 'spread the wealth', as it were, of incoming fire. It also takes about 20 minutes to reach your target, but I don't think anyone's gonna mind if you get six peeps to go out as a group.

If anyone's interested I'll upload it.
Old 02-04-08, 06:36 PM   #99
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I've a multiplayer game set up for up to six S-boots. It was written using stock SHIII, so I don't know how that'd work in GWX.

You start off docked at St. Nazaire and have to head out to help intercept a quick-strike attack force heading to shell the sub pens. I just played it several times with just myself and it's kinda . . . wow.

You sure as heck aren't gonna survive with just a single S-boot. You're going to need several to help 'spread the wealth', as it were, of incoming fire. It also takes about 20 minutes to reach your target, but I don't think anyone's gonna mind if you get six peeps to go out as a group.

If anyone's interested I'll upload it.
I've never played SH3 multiplayer but that actually sounds like something I'd try.

And I just had a funny idea: S-boot deathmatch!

:rotfl:
Old 02-04-08, 06:45 PM   #100
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The multiplayer game is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/89221842/Defend_the_Pens.mis.html

As usual, you just need to create a folder with the same name as the file in the \data\MultiMissions\English\ folder, then copy the mission file into that new folder.

If anyone is at all interested I'll set up the game in a bit. Look for von_Hesse; the password will be SUBSIM.

Just make sure you're set-up is stock/1.4 patched SHIII with only the mods S-Boot BETA 0.1 and S-Boot Generic Camera enabled.

(Up and running as of 19:15 Eastern standard time; I'll leave it up for about an hour, unless my XO calls me to dinner sooner! You don't need to download and save the mission to play it, only to host it. But you will need to be running only stock/1.4 patched SHIII with only the mods S-Boot BETA 0.1 and S-Boot Generic Camera enabled in order to join and play)

Last edited by Albrecht Von Hesse; 02-04-08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-04-08, 06:56 PM   #101
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

crashed when i reloaded a save

i already managed to get myself killed on a frontal raid on lewrick sub base!! oh well even 40 knts couldn't save me
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 07:09 PM   #102
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

Everybody has to have the same version of the game
Vanilla 1.4 in this case with the mod added in prior to
joining online.

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 07:19 PM   #103
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Quote:
The multiplayer game is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/89221842/Defend_the_Pens.mis.html

As usual, you just need to create a folder with the same name as the file in the \data\MultiMissions\English\ folder, then copy the mission file into that new folder.

If anyone is at all interested I'll set up the game in a bit. Look for von_Hesse; the password will be SUBSIM.

Just make sure you're set-up is stock/1.4 patched SHIII with only the mods S-Boot BETA 0.1 and S-Boot Generic Camera enabled.
Downloaded, I'm in the waiting room.
Anyone else ? :hmm:
You don't look very confident:

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 07:21 PM   #104
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

I will be along in a few minutes mikayl I need to stop
long enough to read the readme for your boat.

M

[edit] I am having some troubles with logon for reasons unknown
so for now I'm going to take it for a spin in sp.

Tutorial

Last edited by Mush Martin; 02-04-08 at 07:32 PM.
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 07:39 PM   #105
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117
crashed when i reloaded a save
Can you give me some details ? Stock SH3 or GWX ? and possibly the list of mods you're using along. Also some details about the save (position, ships in sight, anything). Anyway thanks for pointing this out, I didn't try to save and load a game with the s-boot yet, will do
Gwx 2.0, the effects mod,OlC Gui. never had problems re-loading saves before so...this has gotta be it...ill try later though

hey? am i the first one to die in a s-boot

i was about 100 miles outside the sub base by scapa flow...no ships that i know of...

ps..very cool though
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote